Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
every dimension here is from Ford or the tire manufacturer, I’m able to back into the rest given the track, overall width etc. Big focus here is the depth of the tire, not the width. The only number made up was the clearance behind the wheel but that’s just a baseline. And the wheel gap was also a baseline based on the second drawing I did a couple weeks ago (which actually checked out later when Ford said the Badlands lift was 10 mills less the Sasquatch = 0.4” per my estimation).

enjoy.

Looks like a 275/70/R18 is the money size tire for an OBX. And it’s 33.2” so almost half an inch bigger than 32.7” badlands but 0.4” narrower. I chose this tire to safely get to the same Sasquatch wheel gap and Sasquatch clearance behind wheel. Are all numbers exact, no? But it’s all RELEVANT. If the clearances match that on the Sasquatch that it means it’s totally safe.

I’m sure you could go even bigger, but this tire size seems to be best to match Ford factory clearances on the Sasquatch
View attachment 66359
View attachment 66364
Thats a lot of work to prove that a 33" inch tire is more than adequate.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You make me save a lot of money man... WT to BB and happier with 33" rubbers
tell me about it. I was prepared to spend 5800 on a Sasquatch OBX to get a stance and AMB to work. I didn’t like the idea of AMB on a Badlands and custom ordering and painting parts. Getting beefy tires on a base OBX saves me thousands

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Based on my guestimates Badlands has zero offset, Sasquatch has -.25" offset. 4.75" backspacing for the Badlands, 5" for the Sasquatch. But I am not a wheel expert
offset chart.JPG
Thanks. I may have to buy the cheapest 17" wheel for now and hope the offset works. WIll probably buy 0 offset to begin with. Then when more details are released or I get the bronco, i can buy 7 wheels at that time. 5 for the bronco + 2 for the trailer.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what I'm reading is, I should be able to run some Falken Wildpeak AT3W 255/80 R17 on my BD just fine, and get out a lot cheaper. $940+ vs $1260+ while staying with the stock steelies at least. noice

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no one will give you a dollar for a used tire Yes it’s technically used. Unless it’s a whackadoo tire shop or a dealer running loose
Sure they will. Why would you make that up? Even Tire Rack does it if you bring it in new, driving it right to the store. Dealers do it some to, but lots of shops will do it. The tires are worth a lot as take offs.

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on my guestimates Badlands has zero offset, Sasquatch has -.25" offset. 4.75" backspacing for the Badlands, 5" for the Sasquatch. But I am not a wheel expert
offset chart.JPG
If you look at the Overland concept build that was put out, the fifteen52 wheels on that concept are 0 offset, and they stick out wider than the Sasquatch wheels. I would wager the Sasquatch wheels are a positive offset with the Badlands wheels being an even greater positive offset. Even the wheels on the Raptor are a positive offset, so I doubt Ford would put out a 0 offset or even negative offset wheel on the Bronco.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Great info. Thanks for your work on this.

I've got a Wrangler with a 3" lift on BFG KO2 33's. Comparing it to the Badlands on the same tires - the top of the Bronco is 1 1/2" taller taller than my Wrangler, and the Rock Rails sit 3" lower than my Wrangler.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you look at the Overland concept build that was put out, the fifteen52 wheels on that concept are 0 offset, and they stick out wider than the Sasquatch wheels. I would wager the Sasquatch wheels are a positive offset with the Badlands wheels being an even greater positive offset. Even the wheels on the Raptor are a positive offset, so I doubt Ford would put out a 0 offset or even negative offset wheel on the Bronco.
Thanks for the info- Again, I am WAG/just looking at some math..

Someone needs to put a tape measure on the wheels, its one of the last data points we don't know.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember when Doc Brown is explaining to Marty how fast they need to get the Delorean going so they connect with the clocktower just when the lightening bolt hits it? This is about the same level of science to me.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats a lot of work to prove that a 33" inch tire is more than adequate.
The countless hours I have on this forum each week, this has actually been the most productive 30 minutes I’ve yet to spend. I just saved 5800 going AMB OBX Sasquatch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Remember when Doc Brown is explaining to Marty how fast they need to get the Delorean going so they connect with the clocktower just when the lightening bolt hits it? This is about the same level of science to me.
haha. Numbers don’t lie. I used to be an architect. Practiced a couple years, went for MBA and been working in investment banking for almost 10 years brutal transition. And I worked my tail off. In short, I’ve been enthralled in numbers, whether it’s inches or dollars, for 10-12 hours a day for 15 years. Sounds boring? Totally. Why am I saying this? Not sure. But I actually took enjoyment running these numbers. I was two seconds away from posting it in AutoCad.

Garye

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the great info. I am getting a OBX auto trans with the 3.73 open rear axle. will the 275/70/R18’s work well with this gear ratio or should I go with the 4.27. Most of my driving will be street travels. Thanks

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the great info. I am getting a OBX auto trans with the 3.73 open rear axle. will the 275/70/R18’s work well with this gear ratio or should I go with the 4.27. Most of my driving will be street travels. Thanks
Not an expert. Just running numbers. But I’m getting higher gearing 100%. Especially if I find out 34s are not problematic

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now can you do the cup holders to I can determine if my 30 oz yeti tumbler is going to fit? This is a deal breaker for me.
Lol who cares about cup holders?

I know this post seems techinical, but honestly I was half a second away from getting sasquatched OBX for 5800 to make paint scheme work. Now I get more manageable ride height, beefy tires, painted AMB flares (huge) for 5800 less plus 1500 for 5 tires and mounting. Joke at the numbers all you want, but IMO this is a big deal post from a savings standpoint
Sponsored