Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I was out driving around The 12” screen just got glitchy and went black. I pulled over and turned the bronco off for a few minutes then I turned it back on, it was still black, I hit the camera button and the camera came on, the radio was coming on and off also. I turned it off again and disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes to reset. That seemed to do the trick now it works fine again.

449D8642-907F-4EC0-9BB9-175FE8FDDC74.jpeg
Good lord, this is good to know along with the fact that you troubleshooting worked to reset everything.

No telling how many trips to the dealer you may have saved from guys here.

Hope the issue doesn't reoccur for you, but please share if it ever does and whether or not you end up taking it in.

Thank you!
Sponsored

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was Test Driving WT and I had to park it Reverse and when shifted the Camera did not turn on. I had to put it back to Park and shift again to Reverse then the Camera came up.

I guess there will be gremlins now and then. Until they are reported or with Ford Sync 4 updates.
I have the same thing happen in my 2015 Fusion. Only occurs after starting the vehicle then throwing it in reverse before the startup screen can catch up.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2018 F150 screen has done that before. Screen was off for 30 minutes even after turning the truck on and off. I googled it and there were 2 buttons you could hold down that would reset the head unit and it worked like a charm for me. It’s only done it once in the 3 years I’ve owned it.
"Alt"... "Ctrl"... "Delete" :ROFLMAO:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2018 F150 screen has done that before. Screen was off for 30 minutes even after turning the truck on and off. I googled it and there were 2 buttons you could hold down that would reset the head unit and it worked like a charm for me. It’s only done it once in the 3 years I’ve owned it.
Which buttons? Thought the whole thing was a touchscreen without buttons

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's an idea...

A retro 4x4 introduced in heritage to one of the famous off-road rigs of the 1960's... just leave the god damned computer screen out of it.

But that's just me.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Which buttons? Thought the whole thing was a touchscreen without buttons
I googled resetting Sync 4 and it appears all you have to do is the following:

“For vehicles equipped with a volume/power and right seek button, press and hold both the volume/power and right seek button for 10 seconds and the system will reboot. “
Reference from the Owner's Manual.

Ford Bronco 12" display screen went black. Had to disconnect battery to reset 1627132090792

Ford Bronco 12" display screen went black. Had to disconnect battery to reset 1627131875619

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go into the menu screen and do a master reset. You will have to pair your phone again afterwards. If it happens again after doing the reset get an appointment made. Also, check to see if your SYNC is at the latest and greatest through your owner.ford account.

Sponsored

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran into ground/neutral issues in a fist year body style Chevrolet. There were multiple ground wires from different harnesses that were fastened improperly bc of insulation being improperly placed. It caused some serious issues, if I had my blinker on, the ac blasting and hit the breaks while in a turn under 3k rpm, the things running drew too much power I suppose and the whole truck shut off. I really hope you don't continue seeing electrical issues and it was just a loose neutral connection. That problem I had in my Chevy was rediculous and unsafe don't want it again for sure.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ran into ground/neutral issues in a fist year body style Chevrolet. There were multiple ground wires from different harnesses that were fastened improperly bc of insulation being improperly placed. It caused some serious issues, if I had my blinker on, the ac blasting and hit the breaks while in a turn under 3k rpm, the things running drew too much power I suppose and the whole truck shut off. I really hope you don't continue seeing electrical issues and it was just a loose neutral connection. That problem I had in my Chevy was rediculous and unsafe don't want it again for sure.
Where can I get a fist year Chevrolet? That sounds badass!

(I know it's a typo, I couldn't resist :) )

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deleted member 3063

While I was out driving around The 12” screen just got glitchy and went black. I pulled over and turned the bronco off for a few minutes then I turned it back on, it was still black, I hit the camera button and the camera came on, the radio was coming on and off also. I turned it off again and disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes to reset. That seemed to do the trick now it works fine again.
Just curious but were you using any phone functions prior to your problem?
Saying this after having issues with android auto/sync3 messing with the display.
And yes, there are plenty of screen going completely blank issues with 3 though mine has not gone that far gone.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs