Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this where those of us that don't really want a screen ask for a screen delete option?

I would take a analog set up anyway of the week.

Ok, I will tell myself to "get off my lawn"!

Really though, that is unfortunate and hopefully not a gremlin that you have to deal with for long.
Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is better than my cmax. Randomly the radio won’t turn off when you turn the car off. The fix is to pull a fuse. Ford still won’t acknowledge it.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious but were you using any phone functions prior to your problem?
Saying this after having issues with android auto/sync3 messing with the display.
And yes, there are plenty of screen going completely blank issues with 3 though mine has not gone that far gone.
Yes I was speaking to my brother in law through Bluetooth 10 minutes before! I have an iPhone 10

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape Titanium and 2015 Cruze diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I was out driving around The 12” screen just got glitchy and went black. I pulled over and turned the bronco off for a few minutes then I turned it back on, it was still black, I hit the camera button and the camera came on, the radio was coming on and off also. I turned it off again and disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes to reset. That seemed to do the trick now it works fine again.

449D8642-907F-4EC0-9BB9-175FE8FDDC74.jpeg
I have had sync 2 and 3 and they would always randomly go black and come back on in a bit. Usually happened when updates were being done

Sponsored

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I was out driving around The 12” screen just got glitchy and went black. I pulled over and turned the bronco off for a few minutes then I turned it back on, it was still black, I hit the camera button and the camera came on, the radio was coming on and off also. I turned it off again and disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes to reset. That seemed to do the trick now it works fine again.

glad its an easy fix...man thankfully I have you guys with all this handy knowledge....I am not so handy unfortuneately but eager to learn.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best to let the dealer know in case any issues need to become a future software update. This is a fairly common issue that occurs on most makes and models with an infotainment screen, as well as most technology with a screen, period. There’s usually a combination of buttons that can be hard pressed to reset it. Otherwise, Ford occasionally calls for a hard reset. Disconnect battery terminals and touch them together to discharge any residual energy for a few minutes then reconnect and it should resolve. If it does not then a trip to the dealer would be warranted at that point.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Deleted member 3063

Yes I was speaking to my brother in law through Bluetooth 10 minutes before! I have an iPhone 10
Thanks for responding, I was looking for bread crumbs! Your sync is computer interfacing with several other computers, things can get weird. Doubt your call caused an issue though.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From the manual:
Why do I experience different driving characteristics?

If you disconnect the battery, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics for about 5 mi (8 km) after you reconnect it. This is because the engine management system must realign itself with the engine. You can disregard any unusual driving characteristics during this period.

Found that interesting...

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 12" display screen went black. Had to disconnect battery to reset how-ifeel-21-when-ifik-something-how-i-feel-when-35169807
Report with dealer please.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you F up the screen OP... We know it was YOU that must have done something wrong.

Did you wax it?, Take it off road? Look at it funny?

J/k
@Thomas1984

Just admit it... YOU WAXED IT DIDNT YOU

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you F up the screen OP... We know it was YOU that must have done something wrong.

Did you wax it?, Take it off road? Look at it funny?

J/k
He touched it. Word is you are not supposed to touch the screen. /s

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where can I get a fist year Chevrolet? That sounds badass!

(I know it's a typo, I couldn't resist :) )
Hah! Ya got me! Guess I should have said first year of a new gen? Lol
Sponsored