RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fading or washed out in the right lower corner. Anyone else have this issue? I have an appointment at the dealership 8/26. Hope is doesn't get worse.
Ford Bronco 12" Touch screen issue - faded / washed out in the right lower corner IMG_2203
Ford Bronco 12" Touch screen issue - faded / washed out in the right lower corner IMG_2203
Ford Bronco 12" Touch screen issue - faded / washed out in the right lower corner IMG_2204
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fading or washed out in the right lower corner. Anyone else have this issue? I have an appointment at the dealership 8/26. Hope is doesn't get worse.
Ford Bronco 12" Touch screen issue - faded / washed out in the right lower corner IMG_2204
Good morning! Could you send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your dealer so that I can look into this screen concern for you? Thank you!

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_2203.jpg
IMG_2203.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
EDIT: Didn't see that @Ford Motor Company had responded. Looks like you're in good shape. I'll leave my post for posterity.

That, unfortunately, is a power connection failure in the 300-350 vertical pixel lines. Likely a failed capacitor or impact damage to the substructure. It's going to go completely black from that point downward at some point in the near future.

First, to help it stay semi-functional, do NOT touch it. Don't put any pressure on it. Don't clean it. Try not to look at it with a disparaging gaze...

Second, it's a warrantied item. Call your dealership and have them order the replacement asap bring it in and tell them you've got a defective screen that needs to be replaced. The wait on these is pretty long, sorry to say.

Best of luck, man! I hate this happened to you. The screen is nearly vital in this type of vehicle.

OP
OP
RickDeckard

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
EDIT: Didn't see that @Ford Motor Company had responded. Looks like you're in good shape. I'll leave my post for posterity.

That, unfortunately, is a power connection failure in the 300-350 vertical pixel lines. Likely a failed capacitor or impact damage to the substructure. It's going to go completely black from that point downward at some point in the near future.

First, to help it stay semi-functional, do NOT touch it. Don't put any pressure on it. Don't clean it. Try not to look at it with a disparaging gaze...

Second, it's a warrantied item. Call your dealership and have them order the replacement asap bring it in and tell them you've got a defective screen that needs to be replaced. The wait on these is pretty long, sorry to say.

Best of luck, man! I hate this happened to you. The screen is nearly vital in this type of vehicle.
Thanks. I really appreciate your input.
Sponsored