Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only hot with key on. Could you wire it to make it on all the time? Yes. You risk running the battery down depending on how much current you are drawing and for how long.

Ford Bronco 12V in cargo area - always on? 1622054636968
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my Jeep JLU, there is a fuse which can set to a specific location to do that. I hope that would be available on the Bronco as well.

Ford Bronco 12V in cargo area - always on? 1622054636968
Same as my WK2. It’s very simple to do and the best of both worlds; if you’re going to move the fuse, I think you’ll be aware of this being “always on” and less likely to drain your battery. From the factory it defaults to “on only when powered” which is smart I think.

Win-win!

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one on the dash of my F150 is delayed accessory, it stays on for ~20 minutes after the engine is turned off, regardless of whether you open doors or not. I used to have my dashcam plugged into it before I hardwired it in. Dunno if the Bronco one is the same or not

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On my '20 F-350 all of the 12V outlets are powered for about thirty minutes or so after shutdown. They don't get powered on again until the key is turned to "On" or "Acc" to start the timer again.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A small capacitor that holds open the relays, power is still pulled from the vehicles batteries until the capacitor (timer) runs out.
Wait is it a capacitor or a timer? Those are very different things.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For sure something you need to be cautious on, but for example, if I want to use an air compressor or something, I don’t necessarily want my vehicle running at the same time either. But yes, user needs to be cautious.
Air compressor that uses the 12v port won't be of much use with 35" tires (or you'll be waiting a while filling up tires). Battery clamps or Anderson connector at the rear running from the battery is what I did on the wife's grand Cherokee and my f150. I also did the fuse swap and now I can't recall why because we don't use it.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Air compressor that uses the 12v port won't be of much use with 35" tires (or you'll be waiting a while filling up tires). Battery clamps or Anderson connector at the rear running from the battery is what I did on the wife's grand Cherokee and my f150. I also did the fuse swap and now I can't recall why because we don't use it.
If I’m on the side of the road and filling up a tire with it, I’m ok with waiting even if it’s slow. Likely I’m using it though to fill up floaties and party islands etc. For the beach though.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I’m on the side of the road and filling up a tire with it, I’m ok with waiting even if it’s slow. Likely I’m using it though to fill up floaties and party islands etc. For the beach though.
Then yes, I would agree that's fine. When I'm airing up its anywhere from 4-6 (33 or 35" tires) several times during a trip out which I why I upgraded compressors.

I would also think for a vehicle they are marketing as overloading/offroad capable, that surely the plug would be hot to run a fridge.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my Trailhawk, it comes from the factory as only “on” when the vehicle is. However, in the owners manual it explains how to move a fuse and it changes it to “always on” even if the vehicle isn’t, which is handy.
That is a really nice feature. You got me hoping we will have the option too.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a really nice feature. You got me hoping we will have the option too.
I’m more surprised nobody else has posted this or found a solid answer yet LOL.

At the very least, I hope it’s an option with a simple fuse-move. If not, I think it’s a miss. Yes, we could wire something up to one of the AUX switches, but definitely not something I would expect to have to do on a vehicle like this.

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the 12v outlets are live 100% of the time, or at least the one in the rear cargo area.

My '04 Xterra had 4 12v outlets, 2 were live all the time, rear cargo and center console. Super handy.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would also think for a vehicle they are marketing as overloading/offroad capable, that surely the plug would be hot to run a fridge.
I concur.

The outlet in the rear cargo of my Transit is in fact hot 24/7. Same with my TDI for that matter.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a fridge with a low battery feature. It’ll turn off once the vehicle battery reaches a threshold.
Does the fridge that Ford sells to go in the back of their Bronco have this feature? If that plug isnt live in the back then it must have been the same designers that put put together the washout MGV interior and then slapped carpet on the back of rear seats or maybe the ones that put together the front camera, winch & ACC then figured out after the fact that you couldnt have the winch if you had the ACC & camera.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the fridge that Ford sells to go in the back of their Bronco have this feature? If that plug isnt live in the back then it must have been the same designers that put put together the washout MGV interior and then slapped carpet on the back of rear seats or maybe the ones that put together the front camera, winch & ACC then figured out after the fact that you couldnt have the winch if you had the ACC & camera.
Jeep dealer is over there>>>>
Sponsored