First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
On my Mustang it stays on. I can plug in my phone and charge it with the engine off. Daughter's Dakota it's on with the ignition. Supper annoying.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m more surprised nobody else has posted this or found a solid answer yet LOL.

At the very least, I hope it’s an option with a simple fuse-move. If not, I think it’s a miss. Yes, we could wire something up to one of the AUX switches, but definitely not something I would expect to have to do on a vehicle like this.
No you can’t, the Aux switches are only hot with the vehicle on too. Super annoying.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like I said I’m not sure what the methodology used is nowadays but back in the day it was a capacitor and resistor which creates a very accurate timer.
It's probably vacuum tubes.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same question on in console outlet.

Pg 146 of owners manual states that 12v acc's can be run with the engine on. Then goes on to caution not to run with engine off or overnight, it may drain battery, so which is it?

I have an aux brake unit that uses 12v when I'm flat towing and need an always on 12v plug.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to bring up an older post, but since this is also a 12V question I figured I’d just tack it on here.

I was wondering if anyone has a clear picture of the 12V outlet/location in the front of the vehicle? Preferably in an automatic as I’m not sure if the centre console area is different for the placement, as it is with a couple other items.

Thanks kindly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just thought I’d close the loop on this post from a while back, in case anyone else was interested or searched for this post:

@88to21bronco has confirmed that the 12V cargo area outlet does stay “hot” even when the vehicle is off. He tested it out after about 30 minutes of the vehicle being off and the accessory he plugged in still worked. Thanks again for testing this out!

This is great news, IMO!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just thought I’d close the loop on this post from a while back, in case anyone else was interested or searched for this post:

@88to21bronco has confirmed that the 12V cargo area outlet does stay “hot” even when the vehicle is off. He tested it out after about 30 minutes of the vehicle being off and the accessory he plugged in still worked. Thanks again for testing this out!

This is great news, IMO!
Great news! Now I’m curious if running a fridge off of the stock AGM battery for 24-48 hours at a clip will be ok…I’m getting 100+ hours on my 110ah battery I use for my trolling motor.

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great news, IMO!
Not sure if this has been asked yet; didn’t come across a thread on this in the “search” but maybe I missed it.

For the 12V outlet in the cargo area, any ideas if this is an “always on” or only when the vehicle is on?

On my Trailhawk, it comes from the factory as only “on” when the vehicle is. However, in the owners manual it explains how to move a fuse and it changes it to “always on” even if the vehicle isn’t, which is handy. Hopefully the Bronco is similar or “always on” regardless of the vehicle being on or not.

Thanks for any insights you may have!
FYI, here is the page from the Owner's Manual related to the power outlets. Also, I didn't see anything about a manual switch or fuse position that changes the power outlet operational state.

Ford Bronco 12V in cargo area - always on? SmartSelect_20210703-073114_Drive

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interestingly, I plugged my phone into the USB on back of the console before starting the car and it worked. Just FYI

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone can ask at one of the local demo events. Or plug in your light-up pineapple and just test it out, since the demos are always off.
This immediately conjured a mental image of some pineapple-themed disco ball hanging in the back of someone's new Bronco.
Going to have to drink until this image is erased from my mind.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This immediately conjured a mental image of some pineapple-themed disco ball hanging in the back of someone's new Bronco.
Going to have to drink until this image is erased from my mind.
*sigh* It exists…

Ford Bronco 12V in cargo area - always on? 0123F055-1A7A-44E9-9DBE-A619077863D5

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go search for this, or do you already have that image handy?
Answer truthfully.
Actually I took a picture in my kitchen. Do you like it?

Just kidding. I Google searched it… :)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

This is great news, IMO!
I’m sad to report - the 12v in the cargo area is only hot when the accessory or ignition is on….this is a major disappointment for the fridge/freezer. I’m hoping there is a mod for this.
It’s been a great feature on the Transit - at stops on our trips it is able to power the fridge for a few hours at a time.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sad to report - the 12v in the cargo area is only hot when the accessory or ignition is on….this is a major disappointment for the fridge/freezer. I’m hoping there is a mod for this.
It’s been a great feature on the Transit - at stops on our trips it is able to power the fridge for a few hours at a time.
Well that’s conflicting/disappointing!
Sponsored