Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just trying to plan out how I’m going to conceal my wiring for my dash camera on my Bronco. I’m not looking to hard wire it, but simply install it with the 12V plug.

For those of you who have seen the Broncos in person, where are the 12V locations for the front of the vehicle? I assume these are only on when the vehicle is on (which is what I want)?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just trying to plan out how I’m going to conceal my wiring for my dash camera on my Bronco. I’m not looking to hard wire it, but simply install it with the 12V plug.

For those of you who have seen the Broncos in person, where are the 12V locations for the front of the vehicle? I assume these are only on when the vehicle is on (which is what I want)?

Thanks in advance!
IIRC it's inside the center console. Depending on which dash cam you're getting you might be able to use the ODB port for power. I just got a Thinkware U1000 with the radar module and went this route. Nice easy install and you only need to run the wire down the headliner, around the A pillar and down the door weather striping to the ODB port. Amazon also has a few other ones that work with different dash cams.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/hardwiring-kit-clips-cables/products/iroad-power-obd-ii

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IIRC it's inside the center console. Depending on which dash cam you're getting you might be able to use the ODB port for power. I just got a Thinkware U1000 with the radar module and went this route. Nice easy install and you only need to run the wire down the headliner, around the A pillar and down the door weather striping to the ODB port. Amazon also has a few other ones that work with different dash cams.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/hardwiring-kit-clips-cables/products/iroad-power-obd-ii
That’s an interesting solution I never thought of. Thanks!

I was hoping there’d be a 12V outlet near the climate control area. That’s roughly where I have mine wired on my Jeep now.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only 12v outlets in the wiring diag are in console and rh rear of vehicle,but lists usb in overhead console and center stack. For dash cameras I ordered the Genuine accessoire front/rear set,it comes with pre made harness to go to dlc.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only 12v outlets in the wiring diag are in console and rh rear of vehicle,but lists usb in overhead console and center stack. For dash cameras I ordered the Genuine accessoire front/rear set,it comes with pre made harness to go to dlc.
I wonder if it’s possible to convert 12v to USB to use that dash outlet?

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

on amazon

Ford Bronco 12V Locations for Dash Cameras 1623005562206

What doesn’t Amazon sell?? Thanks!

Not sure that’s the route I’ll go as that might be more messy looking now that I think about it. I’m all for concealing wires and keeping it professional looking. I’m sure I can do that even if it means going inside the centre console.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What doesn’t Amazon sell?? Thanks!

Not sure that’s the route I’ll go as that might be more messy looking now that I think about it. I’m all for concealing wires and keeping it professional looking. I’m sure I can do that even if it means going inside the centre console.
You can check on Amazon here to see if there's a ODB cable compatible with your dash cam. It's a super clean install and everything is hidden away. This is in my Ranger but I'm sure the Bronco will be just as easy and I'll be doing the same in mine if I ever get it. lol

Ford Bronco 12V Locations for Dash Cameras IMG_4216

I ran it down through the door weather strip and over where the plastic trim splits.
Ford Bronco 12V Locations for Dash Cameras IMG_4217

I have the parking module but I unplug mine when it's just sitting in the garage.
Ford Bronco 12V Locations for Dash Cameras IMG_4219

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can check on Amazon here to see if there's a ODB cable compatible with your dash cam. It's a super clean install and everything is hidden away. This is in my Ranger but I'm sure the Bronco will be just as easy and I'll be doing the same in mine if I ever get it. lol

I ran it down through the door weather strip and over where the plastic trim splits.

I have the parking module but I unplug mine when it's just sitting in the garage.
That is clean. Very similar to my wire concealment, except then I run under the dash to the climate control area.

Stupid question, but is there any issue leaving it plugged into the OBD and not unplugging it? I don’t have the need for the parking recording feature. Curious if anything can be harmed by leaving it hooked up. I never unplug mine from the 12V.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is clean. Very similar to my wire concealment, except then I run under the dash to the climate control area.

Stupid question, but is there any issue leaving it plugged into the OBD and not unplugging it? I don’t have the need for the parking recording feature. Curious if anything can be harmed by leaving it hooked up. I never unplug mine from the 12V.

The ODB port is live constantly so there will be a constant draw if you do. I only disconnect it when I'm home. With the 12v it will turn off after 15-20 minutes so there's no need to always remember to unplug it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ODB port is live constantly so there will be a constant draw if you do. I only disconnect it when I'm home. With the 12v it will turn off after 15-20 minutes so there's no need to always remember to unplug it.
Ah good to know. As my battery dies lol...

Least I have a few options here. Appreciate everyone’s suggestions!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks in advance!
With the Schosche obd to usb there is a pass-thru for the obd hook up thus remaining full use of the port if need be for a Cobb Accessport or other tuner. Seems like it has a lot of resistance too which in my opinion won't pull out when you disconnect a tuner or fault code reader.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands