Sponsored

15-20” of snow in the Twin Cities area… how’d the soft tops do?

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those that got piled on last night how are the soft tops holding up?
Does the heater have to be run full blast when it gets chilly to keep up with the temp?
I’m trying to decide to hold out for a hard top or just bite the bullet, & get a soft top.
what do you all think so far?
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not in the twin cities but we got 13” a few weeks ago in MI. I was worried about the softie. It did fine no leakage I did go knock the snow off at about 8” with a shop broom.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We got about 6 to 8" yesterday in the suburbs of Chicago and gusty winds. Soft top help up just fine. No issues, nice and warm inside, rear window was completely useless tho

Brumby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The soft top does fine. I had about 15-18" piled up on mine.

I added a Dirtydog 4x4 headliner which does seem to help a lot with noise but I suspect it creates an insulation layer that cabin heat doesn't make it through completely. I had about 3/8" ice form under the snow which clung to the top and didn't go away until we had a couple days over 32 degrees.

One of the kids used a typical snow scraper brush to brush snow off the side and back windows. It appears like I have brush scratches in the windows now. I'm hoping its just dirt swirls or something.

I had a must have a hardtop obsession but I'm over it. The soft top has grown on me, warts and all. If the windows are scratched I'll file a warranty claim.

Rdavis

Big Bend
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Minnesota, 10k lakes. -20 degrees weather, and the Bronco stands strong and warm with the soft top, and rips threw the snow like no other. had mine almost two years now.
Sponsored