Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! Around here it doesn’t feel that flashy, with super cars and what not a common sight. but they look great in any color and Cactus will be sharp.
C047DAD4-96ED-4B52-AAFD-D66E390C80D3.jpeg

here is a speedy friend we saw at the last cars and coffee.
Cars and Coffee at the Outlets in San Clemente. Yep, there is a lot of very flashy stuff that shows up there.
Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My other favorite color! Looking great and you’re right about the soft top and getting it back on. Not easy.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I totally agree with just about everything you said and i have a pretty similar build. Except I haven’t tried taking the top all the way off fortunately, and at 5’9” I can just barely flip the top closed on my tip toes. To open it I sit on the center console and push back on one of the middle bars. I’m getting about 17mpg on premium no matter how I drive. Great review!

OP
OP
MellowYellow

MellowYellow

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boxster S, 2012 C350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheel/tire specs and lift details by chance? Cause that can't be stock right?

Edit: oh wait, sas... I have the same order, minus SAS just completed build and is being shipped right now (supposedly...). I'm going to need sasquatch suspension asap. Interested in the tire specs though
Indeed just the regular SAS stuff, tires are the Goodyears, and they seem fine so far.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was fine, we got it all sandy and wet anyways getting back in (MGV all the way here) and I put it in the middle so any drips missed all 4 of us and no one complained about it, which is a win in my book.
It warms my heart to see the board on the roof properly,fins first looks great enjoy

Sponsored
OP
OP
MellowYellow

MellowYellow

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars and Coffee at the Outlets in San Clemente. Yep, there is a lot of very flashy stuff that shows up there.
Exactly. We’ll be there again tomorrow morning and then might try to hit up the recently re-opened Trabuco road/Holy Jim trail which is supposed to be pretty easy but has been closed for a long time due to the Holy Fire

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly. We’ll be there again tomorrow morning and then might try to hit up the recently re-opened Trabuco road/Holy Jim trail which is supposed to be pretty easy but has been closed for a long time due to the Holy Fire
That’s cool that holy Jim has reopened. Maybe I’ll try to swing down to C&C tomorrow and check out your rig.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today marks a month since we picked up our 4dr Badlands.
BE9FF8F6-8B8F-450E-AB0F-213174BAF61B.jpeg

I’ve now put 1500 miles on it, with local and longer trips and some mild off-roading up to the local mountains and deserts.

The honest truth is, we love it even more than expected! Most amazingly, my wife is also in love, imagine that. I am honestly in danger of losing primary use to her and the kids as they all cant get enough of it.

We got the 2.7L and The Sasquatch package after much worrying about the height (my wife is 5’ 2” and I’m only 5’ 6”), but it’s honestly not that bad and she doesn’t struggle to get in even without running boards as we have the rock rails with the Badlands. The pickup is decent, and while it will never match my Boxster S for on-road thrills it brings a bigger smile to my face to drive around town than I expected. It has decent body roll but seems predictable once you get the handle of how the weight transfer affects it, like some of that diving into turns under braking that folks have experienced. There is no tracking or pulling when driving on road, and it’s overall a super easy car to drive. Fitting in the drive throughs or tight parking spots with a big truck (her words) was one of the biggest concerns for my wife and is now not a worry, thanks in part to the 360 camera, but overall it is just really easy to place drive and place on road.

The brakes though, could use a bit more bite, at least on the heavier models like the badlands, and are something I’m still getting used to. I’ve been getting about 15 mpg on regular the Last 3 or 4 fill-up’s, so yeah, it’s a gas hog, and the tank is small, so you will be at the gas station a lot. I imagine with the smaller tank on the 2 door it might be even worse.

I’ve used the ACC and the lane keeping, and find the ACC way more useful than the lane keeping. The ACC does NOT work all the way down to single digit or 0mph though, so is useless in stop and go traffic, but works great on regular highway cruises.

We got the soft top, and have had it on, down, and off all the way. Up is pretty comparable to my other convertible, though the back vinyl windows do let in more road noise than the back glass on my Boxster‘s soft top, and road and tire noise isn’t that bad, all things considered, but is no crossover For on road refinement. *i got LUX so there is some extra sound deadening under hood etc I think. Putting it back all the way and taking the windows out is pretty easy, though I do have to stand on a seat to get it back closed from half way. We did get some of the roll-bar scratches, but oh well, that’s part of the Bronco life. I did go up the mountain with the top all the way down, and clicked in place, and had the same issues with it flopping around that we saw on the video, so we might need to use the straps next time for that.

Taking the top off: F-that. This sucks for two short people. TLDR, not gonna do it again until we find a different solution.

I wanted to take the top off, because it’s awesome.

in my first attempt I got all the bolts off (this is super easy btw) but the problem is the weight and height of the top. Trying to lift it off as in the demo videos meant my wife was attempting to overhead press ~90ish unbalanced pounds from chin height to at least the top of her head to clear the bracket. This was a no-go so I bolted everything back up and drove to home depot to buy some pulleys.

attempt 2, pulleys in hand, I rigged everything up to the garage rafters and backed in the Bronco with the top already all the way down and unbolted. We rigged everything up and got the top off (with plenty of swinging around and me swearing at it). It was clear during the lift that the garage rafters did not appreciate the load and we resolved to enjoy it off for a few days, before struggling again to get it back on top of the Bronco, where it was an easy thing to bolt back on.

with cooler weather coming up, I think we’ll leave the soft top attached for a while and watch these pages for a better solution similar to the mobile hard top lift.

Off road, I’m a total newb, but the Bronco makes things nice and easy. So far we’ve just gone on some bumpy and rocky fire roads and OHV area trails, as well as some dirt and sand in thedesert, and the Bronco has taken everything like a champ and made it look easy.

We got the MGV interior and have already made use of the washout floors and vinyl seats when my wife took the hose to the interior to get all the sand and dirt out. The seats do get hot in the sun, but they cool down quicker than any leather seats so is not too bad on the warmer days. we do miss the lumbar adjustment for the passenger seat and they are admittedly not the most comofortable seats in the world(Volvo might have that locked down), especially in back, but they are decent and supportive on longer trips and are better than expected for this sort of vehicle.

in a final note, for my soft top friends here, as you see in the first picture, I was able to secure my paddle board with only straps and towels/foam pad. I’m actually wavering on my need to get another rack solution as this worked fine to get us down to the water and back.

i’m looking forward to piling on the miles on and off road and seeing you all out there!

8F4E8CB3-13CC-406A-B48A-C26A83183C1D.jpeg

6743E81F-382D-473A-A33E-09F986CEB8DC.jpeg

6DE8614F-DE89-475F-9071-0923DF63D5A6.jpeg

2D899658-A492-40B5-AB2D-84385F9EB61A.jpeg
We also live in OC. What are some trails in the area you’ve been to that you like? I’m also new to off-roading.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was great meeting you at C&C this morning! Thanks for chatting with me about your rig! Enjoy it. Let me know how the off-road run went.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MellowYellow

MellowYellow

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was great meeting you at C&C this morning! Thanks for chatting with me about your rig! Enjoy it. Let me know how the off-road run went.
Thanks Mark, it was nice to meet you too! The rain wasn’t too bad, and the trail was real pretty. Nothing difficult yet, but we’ll be looking for more challenges soon.
Ford Bronco 1500+ miles and 1 month with the Bronco - owner review & experience D681C9C1-ABF6-4C06-9CF0-4E88FBD53887

Ford Bronco 1500+ miles and 1 month with the Bronco - owner review & experience D8F5BBF3-3232-4CAA-9499-ECC661BCD99A

Ford Bronco 1500+ miles and 1 month with the Bronco - owner review & experience F16DB662-747D-4C68-BCC4-026F1BAEC710

my wife stayed dry while I chatted about Broncos In the rain.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 1500+ miles and 1 month with the Bronco - owner review & experience F16DB662-747D-4C68-BCC4-026F1BAEC710

I’ve now put 1500 miles on it, with local and longer trips and some mild off-roading up to the local mountains and deserts.

The honest truth is, we love it even more than expected! Most amazingly, my wife is also in love, imagine that. I am honestly in danger of losing primary use to her and the kids as they all cant get enough of it.

We got the 2.7L and The Sasquatch package after much worrying about the height (my wife is 5’ 2” and I’m only 5’ 6”), but it’s honestly not that bad and she doesn’t struggle to get in even without running boards as we have the rock rails with the Badlands. The pickup is decent, and while it will never match my Boxster S for on-road thrills it brings a bigger smile to my face to drive around town than I expected. It has decent body roll but seems predictable once you get the handle of how the weight transfer affects it, like some of that diving into turns under braking that folks have experienced. There is no tracking or pulling when driving on road, and it’s overall a super easy car to drive. Fitting in the drive throughs or tight parking spots with a big truck (her words) was one of the biggest concerns for my wife and is now not a worry, thanks in part to the 360 camera, but overall it is just really easy to place drive and place on road.

The brakes though, could use a bit more bite, at least on the heavier models like the badlands, and are something I’m still getting used to. I’ve been getting about 15 mpg on regular the Last 3 or 4 fill-up’s, so yeah, it’s a gas hog, and the tank is small, so you will be at the gas station a lot. I imagine with the smaller tank on the 2 door it might be even worse.

I’ve used the ACC and the lane keeping, and find the ACC way more useful than the lane keeping. The ACC does NOT work all the way down to single digit or 0mph though, so is useless in stop and go traffic, but works great on regular highway cruises.

We got the soft top, and have had it on, down, and off all the way. Up is pretty comparable to my other convertible, though the back vinyl windows do let in more road noise than the back glass on my Boxster‘s soft top, and road and tire noise isn’t that bad, all things considered, but is no crossover For on road refinement. *i got LUX so there is some extra sound deadening under hood etc I think. Putting it back all the way and taking the windows out is pretty easy, though I do have to stand on a seat to get it back closed from half way. We did get some of the roll-bar scratches, but oh well, that’s part of the Bronco life. I did go up the mountain with the top all the way down, and clicked in place, and had the same issues with it flopping around that we saw on the video, so we might need to use the straps next time for that.

Taking the top off: F-that. This sucks for two short people. TLDR, not gonna do it again until we find a different solution.

in my first attempt I got all the bolts off (this is super easy btw) but the problem is the weight and height of the top. Trying to lift it off as in the demo videos meant my wife was attempting to overhead press ~90ish unbalanced pounds from chin height to at least the top of her head to clear the bracket. This was a no-go so I bolted everything back up and drove to home depot to buy some pulleys.

attempt 2, pulleys in hand, I rigged everything up to the garage rafters and backed in the Bronco with the top already all the way down and unbolted. We rigged everything up and got the top off (with plenty of swinging around and me swearing at it). It was clear during the lift that the garage rafters did not appreciate the load and we resolved to enjoy it off for a few days, before struggling again to get it back on top of the Bronco, where it was an easy thing to bolt back on.

with cooler weather coming up, I think we’ll leave the soft top attached for a while and watch these pages for a better solution similar to the mobile hard top lift.

Off road, I’m a total newb, but the Bronco makes things nice and easy. So far we’ve just gone on some bumpy and rocky fire roads and OHV area trails, as well as some dirt and sand in thedesert, and the Bronco has taken everything like a champ and made it look easy.

We got the MGV interior and have already made use of the washout floors and vinyl seats when my wife took the hose to the interior to get all the sand and dirt out. The seats do get hot in the sun, but they cool down quicker than any leather seats so is not too bad on the warmer days. we do miss the lumbar adjustment for the passenger seat and they are admittedly not the most comofortable seats in the world(Volvo might have that locked down), especially in back, but they are decent and supportive on longer trips and are better than expected for this sort of vehicle.

in a final note, for my soft top friends here, as you see in the first picture, I was able to secure my paddle board with only straps and towels/foam pad. I’m actually wavering on my need to get another rack solution as this worked fine to get us down to the water and back.

i’m looking forward to piling on the miles on and off road and seeing you all out there!

Love the color! That is what we were looking to get until we saw the ‘22 Eruption Green. Glad you and the family are enjoying it.

OP
OP
MellowYellow

MellowYellow

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We also live in OC. What are some trails in the area you’ve been to that you like? I’m also new to off-roading.
So far we’ve just been to a few easy places. I have been using Trails Offroad app to find trails in the area but starting out close and easy and work up to more difficult stuff, but the Bronco is so capable it seems like it could go anywhere, so we might be upping the stakes soon.

I’ve taken it up Maple Springs and Main Divide which is at the end off Santiago Canyon in Silverado and then up Saddleback up to the radio towers which is a nice view of OC/Riverside and maybe more if it is clear.

We also went to the Wildomar OHV (which is in the forest south on main divide off the 74) which was fun and easy, but the trails are kind of narrow, more for side by sides or dirt bike.

I’m looking forward to some trickier stuff up in Big Bear and seeing more of trails in Anza Borrego soon hopefully.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great photo! :love:

My build is scheduled for the day of 11/3 and will effectively be your Bronco’s twin. Can’t wait for it to arrive! :cool:

Desert Taco

Base
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored