Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny how most soft tops have the hard top prep kit, but zero chance of getting an affordable hardtop.
Sponsored

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll sell my hardtop for 15k. Sounds like a deal to me haha. Then again who has a two door with no top? That would be the bigger question.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not surprising unfortunately. Manufacturers have a history of gouging the absolute fuck out of their customers on parts.

A replacement engine for my $20k motorcycle is $17,000.

I just laughed quietly to myself every time someone suggested a new hardtop from Ford would be no more than a couple grand.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Funny how most soft tops have the hard top prep kit, but zero chance of getting an affordable hardtop.
I was thinking what was the point of adding the hookups? Ford screwed a bunch of folks on that one. I would be pissed. Iā€™m still pissed I got screwed out of the dual mod top.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy all the parts for the engine. See how much the engine prices out to.
This. Buying a MIC piece by piece is going to be way more expensive then what Ford will (eventually) sell a complete one for. However, it won't be the $695 either. My guess is $4900.

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking what was the point of adding the hookups? Ford screwed a bunch of folks on that one. I would be pissed. Iā€™m still pissed I got screwed out of the dual mod top.
The point was to placate the masses and lull them into a false sense of security.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was thinking worst case it would be like 3-4k for an new OEM top, boy was I wrong.

But in Texas I'm happy with the soft top 90% of the time.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was thinking worst case it would be like 3-4k for an new OEM top, boy was I wrong.

But in Texas I'm happy with the soft top 90% of the time.
The hardtop is a pain in the arse. I need to put a hoist in my garage.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a guy here that did it, and said its well over $10k under MSRP so sounds about right

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you have to remember webasto is adding the second plant that is coming online any day now. drove past it the other day. Then next year the painted top I'm guessing with a brand new supplier. those two things should drive prices down. Plus as a soft top owner I read enough magazine reviews to know I do not want the MIC top, to many bad reviews saying its no quieter then the soft top. I'll wait for a painted hard top.

Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was a deciding factor in switching. I knew I'd never go completely topless with the HT due to lack of convenience. They look better though.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep OEM hardtops go for about $3k. My guess is itā€™ll come down to $3-5k eventually once they catch up with supply and have aftermarketā€™s to compete with, but it will be quite some time before that happens. Also in a couple years they should start popping up in junkyards as more broncos equals more wrecked broncos, as long as it didnā€™t roll or experience significant side or rear impact you may find one in good shape.

This is why I went with the soft top, if I really wanted hard top I wouldā€™ve waited until ā€˜23MY for the mod. Iā€™ve had my bronco two weeks and already raised and lowered the soft top a bunch, Iā€™m quick enough with it now itā€™s very convenient

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a wild hair this morning on the way to work and decided to inquire with dealership I bought my Bronco from about ordering a hardtop. After all itā€™s only $695 on the B&P.

Service manager directed me to the parts dept. Very nice guy spent about 15 minutes banging his keyboard and asking questions. Sounded like he had it down, ā€œthree piece hardtop, sealsā€ Yep Yepā€¦

Says ā€œ I can get everything except the third piece of the hardtop, back ordered till June.ā€

I was like uhhhh yeah not a problem. How much this gonna cost?

ā€œOut the door, your looking at $15,xxx!ā€ I was like you mean $1500. Nope $15k.

Sorry to waste your time sirā€¦

Canā€™t say itā€™s surprising but holy shit Batman ! This one takes the cake. My wavy window soft too will have to do.
as a ford (and other) parts guy, when you break things down to service components the prices always are high. Usually when you are just replacing one piece at a time it's for a collision and all the oems like to jack the prices to get back at the insurance companies. when they put it together as an accessory the prices will drop dramatically. my guess is in the $4000-5000 range