'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is my take as well. Could I afford one if the dealer called me yup. But I have no interest in a raptor. I’d rather someone who will actually love it and use it as it was meant to be used.

What percent of Raptors go to people who use them for their intended purpose? I’m going to throw out a conservative guess and say less than 1%.
Sponsored

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have the money and want it, then get it.
I do and will!
who cares what others say!
woohoo can't wait!!!!!!!!

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopped by my local dealer for an oil change yesterday, they are 15K over a Big Bend....can't imagine what they are going to charge for a Raptor
Yea, The sales guy I talked to said, "So if you know anyone looking for a Raptor." and all I could think is, "Na man I don't know ANYONE in that tax bracket." haha.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What percent of Raptors go to people who use them for their intended purpose? I’m going to throw out a conservative guess and say less than 1%.
🤷‍♂️ Probably the same percentage of people who buy the gt500 or vette very few probably drive them to their limit. if I liked the looks then I could say maybe but I’m not that enamored with the looks and on top of what little I’ll actually off road(I am planning to do some) it’s just not for me.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you did say you saw a raptor for +5k over msrp, if you have access to that then go for that, obviously any adm cant be called a good deal, but all things considered its not bad IF its what you want.

raptors are scheduled to be built in june, who knows when it would be delivered. but at 15k thats not horrible. you could still get it with that markup, try it out for a period of time, and flip it for a profit to funnel back into your original build if its really not for you.

if you have the funds to consider a raptor because youre impatient, couldnt you get an available bronco in the trim you want with adm?

Sponsored

F150Raptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Along with most, I am still waiting on my original order (2door sasquatch black diamond). I did mention I may want to look into a Raptor. Maybe I'm going through a quarter/mid-life quarantiney-induced crisis cause I for sure do not need that much car haha. My thought was well.... it took 2+ years for my original build, I'm sure the Raptor will take another 2-3+ years.
My dealer just messaged me and let me know that they have 1 allocation left for a Raptor and if I want it, it's mine..... however, they are asking for 15K over MSRP.
Just some side info: I wouldn't be losing my initial build by ordering the Raptor it would be a separate order. I will be able to pay my initial build in full (silver lining of the wait, more time to save up). I 100% have no practical need for the raptor, I'm single w/ no kids, I'm an RN, practically live at the hospital, and I don't even off-road. I think I just really enjoy the look and maybe the thought of jumping curbs or running over stuff (told you potential crisis haha).

Here are/is my questions/dilemma:

-What are your thoughts on the production of the Raptor.... do you think it's going be as long as it's been for this initial round of broncos?

-With an allocation, could I potentially get the Raptor prior to my initial build? or close to?

-I honestly don't really like this dealership, is 15K+ even a decent deal? I've seen MSRP and 5K+ MSRP for Raptors.

-I am kind of looking at the Raptor as something I could potentially flip easily. I know the market is forever changing, weird w/ things transitioning to electric, and who the hell knows when this would even arrive....... but thoughts on resale value?
I shopped around for almost a year covering multiple states before I purchased my 2018 F150 Raptor. I refused to pay over MRSP. Finally found a dealership that was willing to work with me. Please do not pay these exorbitant dealer mark ups or “market adjustment fees”. Just be patient and shop around. At some point when the pendulum swings the other way I’ll look to purchase a Bronco Raptor. Just a few more payments on my F150 Raptor. No rush.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You could say the same for all Bronco, Wrangler, G-Wagon, Mustang, Ferrari, etc owners.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You could say the same for all Bronco, Wrangler, G-Wagon, Mustang, Ferrari, etc owners.
yeah that was the point that I was trying to make. with that said, I don’t care what anyone does with their vehicle
Sponsored