First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading all this about the horrible ADM and what dealers are doing is just awful and one of the reasons I am not proceeding with mine. If you had placed a reservation you should get your Bronco at MSRP, no questions asked.

The fact that Broncos are rare, in huge demand, the overall car market, less vehicles available to sell and the dealer want, need more profit because of all this. And they can charge whatever they want and someone will pay.

We can thank mostly all of this to Covid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stghcm

Stghcm

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congrats on getting this resolved with the dealership. Glad they did the right thing at the end of the day.

Also, I saw this picture and had to say:

Pigeon's will be looking at this opportunity like...

1635777085825.png
Haha. Yeah, it was 60 degrees but I had to open it up.

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately, you are not alone. It will fall to you to shame them into acting ethically or caving. Not going to be easy either way. Sorry
I believe Ford changed reservation policy to dealers so they stop doing this. If a dealer doesn’t sell the Bronco to the customer that ordered it they will lose allocation.

JBref

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 High Country Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer told me in September I would have my Bronco delivered in October, one of the few they were getting this year. Now the GM called today to say he had an urgent matter. Excited, I thought my Bronco was at the dealer. Nope, he wanted to tell me the pricing has changed for my Bronco. They would now have to charge me $15K over MSRP because the value of the Bronco has gone up. And.... the last two Broncos they sold to other customers, turned around and sold them to Autonation for $100K each. If I wanted I sell even at +$15k, I could still make a profit. Seems like bait and switch to me. On a quick check, I did see there are Broncos on the market through Autotnation but they seem to be slightly over MSRP. I heard this happening to others but didn't they would do it to me. Pretty pissed off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen any way overpriced Broncos being resold or getting treated by the dealer this way? MSRP was $44K for my Bronco. WTF

JBref

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 High Country Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked mine up from my dealer for the Window Sticker and that price was the same as when I ordered February. My dealer did tell me that was happening over the country. I told him I am glad your honest because I would spend whatever they tried to make extra on Billboards all over the area with what happened. Hopefully it works out for you!!

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe Ford changed reservation policy to dealers so they stop doing this. If a dealer doesn’t sell the Bronco to the customer that ordered it they will lose allocation.
Do you have a source for this? That would give me great peace of mind.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading all this about the horrible ADM and what dealers are doing is just awful and one of the reasons I am not proceeding with mine. If you had placed a reservation you should get your Bronco at MSRP, no questions asked.
I agree 100%. A deal is a deal. Hand shake or signed. It's the principle. But, the dealers argument on several threads is that customer bought and resold to carmax, carvana etc. at $15k-$30k over MSRP. Now, we are seeing threads confirming this. Look at the "sold my Bronco getting back in line" or whatever it is post. The greedy consumer is feeding the greedy dealer. IMHO, a dealer should make the buyer sign accepting ADM at time of order. Otherwise it should never exceed MSRP.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe it or not, @Ford Motor Company actually did the opposite. They loosened the name matching policy to allow scumbag dealers to screw more people out of their reservations. 😡

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just picked mine up from my dealer for the Window Sticker and that price was the same as when I ordered February. My dealer did tell me that was happening over the country. I told him I am glad your honest because I would spend whatever they tried to make extra on Billboards all over the area with what happened. Hopefully it works out for you!!
Ford caught dealers making up fake orders and it’s had enough
CNET sept 30

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The fact that Broncos are rare, in huge demand, the overall car market, less vehicles available to sell and the dealer want, need more profit because of all this. And they can charge whatever they want and someone will pay.

We can thank mostly all of this to Covid.
The lingering effects of Covid do not cause a person, corporation, leadership, or manager to suddenly suffer from a lack of ethics. When people show you who they really are believe them the first time. Good on the OP for sticking to it and remaining firm. Even though I have signed agreements, emails, and voice mail stating MSRP, it's tough times in the dealer world right now.
Sponsored