Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The dealer told me in September I would have my Bronco delivered in October, one of the few they were getting this year. Now the GM called today to say he had an urgent matter. Excited, I thought my Bronco was at the dealer. Nope, he wanted to tell me the pricing has changed for my Bronco. They would now have to charge me $15K over MSRP because the value of the Bronco has gone up. And.... the last two Broncos they sold to other customers, turned around and sold them to Autonation for $100K each. If I wanted I sell even at +$15k, I could still make a profit. Seems like bait and switch to me. On a quick check, I did see there are Broncos on the market through Autotnation but they seem to be slightly over MSRP. I heard this happening to others but didn't they would do it to me. Pretty pissed off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen any way overpriced Broncos being resold or getting treated by the dealer this way? MSRP was $44K for my Bronco. WTF
Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The dealer told me in September I would have my Bronco delivered in October, one of the few they were getting this year. Now the GM called today to say he had an urgent matter. Excited, I thought my Bronco was at the dealer. Nope, he wanted to tell me the pricing has changed for my Bronco. They would now have to charge me $15K over MSRP because the value of the Bronco has gone up. And.... the last two Broncos they sold to other customers, turned around and sold them to Autonation for $100K each. If I wanted I sell even at +$15k, I could still make a profit. Seems like bait and switch to me. On a quick check, I did see there are Broncos on the market through Autotnation but they seem to be slightly over MSRP. I heard this happening to others but didn't they would do it to me. Pretty pissed off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen any way overpriced Broncos being resold or getting treated by the dealer this way? MSRP was $44K for my Bronco. WTF
Unfortunately, you are not alone. It will fall to you to shame them into acting ethically or caving. Not going to be easy either way. Sorry

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tell them if they are so concerned with you flipping it, you're willing to sign a contract saying you won't.

This won't help you get a better price, it will only help bring to light the dealers obvious (but currently lied about) motivations. Once they are telling the truth then maybe you have a shot at a true negotiation.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any correspondence in writing with your dealer from when you ordered that states what price theyā€™ll ultimately charge you?

If you havenā€™t yet agreed on the priceā€¦ the dealer can basically demand whatever they want now. Itā€™s essentially their bronco to sell you, and itā€™s between the two of you to reach an agreement.

People will be quick to tell you here that we all agreed to a price in writing when we ordered so this type of thing wouldnā€™t happen.

Literally anythingā€¦ even a text, or a contemporaneous email, that states what the price you will pay will be would be a huge benefit to getting them to reverse.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weā€™re a super pissed off group right now. Please post names.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$100K for a Big Bend? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen Badlands and Wildtraks priced at $85k and up and some have sold.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You came to the right place if you're serious. Name the dealer. They have a social media presence. Will not be the first or last one to be trashed on every platform...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you have a piece of paper or email with an agreed to price detailing the various fees, tax, tags, etc. on addition to MSRP, then get a lawyer, call ā€œ7 on your sideā€ or whatever your local news station is, and whoever the consumer protection agency is for your state.

Make social media noise locally with pics of that documentation too.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should post this on Mike Levineā€™s Twitter and other social media. This is exactly why people went to Granger. Not for a lower price, but for a set price and an honest transaction. If this is what Ford is promoting with their model, it needs to get aired in the media.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its a fucking feeding frenzy - scum dealers smell a buck & corporate is going along with it.
Sponsored