indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"selling" or "sold" big difference... My dealer has Broncos with ADM on the lot... it doesn't appear to me that they are flying out the door at 10, 20, 30, 40k over MSRP.
Yep, examples of those sales can be found, but I doubt at the rate some people think. Fan forums tend to overestimate demand, due to the forum members wanting the vehicle so badly.

Outside of this forum the people I know are unaware of or don't care much about the new Bronco. My Jeep friends know about it but aren't jumping to get one. For the record, I think the new Bronco is a great vehicle, but these ADM dealerships are just playing a tight situation at the moment in case they can entice some suckers.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"selling" or "sold" big difference... My dealer has Broncos with ADM on the lot... it doesn't appear to me that they are flying out the door at 10, 20, 30, 40k over MSRP.
I have watched many a bronco disappear with $25k+ markups. Did they sell at $30k over? Not sure. But I offered a dealer $5k over on one of them for giggles and they never even responded.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer told me in September I would have my Bronco delivered in October, one of the few they were getting this year. Now the GM called today to say he had an urgent matter. Excited, I thought my Bronco was at the dealer. Nope, he wanted to tell me the pricing has changed for my Bronco. They would now have to charge me $15K over MSRP because the value of the Bronco has gone up. And.... the last two Broncos they sold to other customers, turned around and sold them to Autonation for $100K each. If I wanted I sell even at +$15k, I could still make a profit. Seems like bait and switch to me. On a quick check, I did see there are Broncos on the market through Autotnation but they seem to be slightly over MSRP. I heard this happening to others but didn't they would do it to me. Pretty pissed off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen any way overpriced Broncos being resold or getting treated by the dealer this way? MSRP was $44K for my Bronco. WTF
Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. When the word got out the dealers started marking up the Bronco before customer could purchase I immediately emailed my Ford dealer and manager immediately to confirm before I change my dealership as that was an option. He replied to the email stating they will not be marking up the Broncos. Now a reserved order that could not be purchased by the reservation holder due to whatever reasons I’m sure they can be marked up and Ford stated price protection. I ordered mine from Autonation Ford in Valencia California and so far I’m happy with dealing with and communicating with the SM Polo Lopez and I look forward to the next few weeks to take delivery. It was shipped to California last week.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That being said, I also see a few sitting with over $20k markups. Maybe the money no object buyers are running out.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If they don't budge, ask to test drive it just to be sure you're willing to pay that much over sticker... then center punch the nicest Platinum Super Duty on the lot with it.
You're my hero.

OP
OP
Stghcm

Stghcm

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for comments and advice. I have a order summary from the dealer in an email they sent me. I didn't sign it but have the email offering to sign it but they told me an email confirmation worked. I am going to hold on mentioning dealer. I want to call the owner first and see where I get with this. If they dick me around, I'll want to get it out there. It sounds like it has happened but it's not widespread from what I can tell. Isn't this whole thing effed up? We wait and wait and this is how we are treated. For the record, this would be the first Ford I have ever owned. Nice way to be treated. I'll let you know how this story ends.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford’s Bronco strategy is wild.

1. Completely fumble launch of critically important new vehicle.

2. Screw honest dealers like Gupton while rewarding crooks like this.

3. Piss off your best and most loyal customers/future brand ambassadors.

4. ?????

5. SUCCESS!!!

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

tweeted at Levine

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer told me in September I would have my Bronco delivered in October, one of the few they were getting this year. Now the GM called today to say he had an urgent matter. Excited, I thought my Bronco was at the dealer. Nope, he wanted to tell me the pricing has changed for my Bronco. They would now have to charge me $15K over MSRP because the value of the Bronco has gone up. And.... the last two Broncos they sold to other customers, turned around and sold them to Autonation for $100K each. If I wanted I sell even at +$15k, I could still make a profit. Seems like bait and switch to me. On a quick check, I did see there are Broncos on the market through Autotnation but they seem to be slightly over MSRP. I heard this happening to others but didn't they would do it to me. Pretty pissed off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen any way overpriced Broncos being resold or getting treated by the dealer this way? MSRP was $44K for my Bronco. WTF
Just for fun/self-degradation I go slumming through the swamps of AutoNation, Cargurus, etc. Pretty much, if the price is MSRP, then it is a dealer demo or an order that has not shipped yet. If it is ridicubucks over MSRP there is a chance that it is actually on the lot, but not always. I go so far as calling some of these dealers to ask why their demo is listed. Some of the dealers seem to be legit and just trying to get some interest. Some rhyme with scum, and they seem to be proud to be so. Guessing that some think that scum rises to the top, just like cream.

OP
OP
Stghcm

Stghcm

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted everyone to know my situation was resolved and they backed down on the $15k fee. The GM wouldn't give in but I ultimately talked to the owner of dealership and he agreed it was wrong without question. Paid msrp.

08577A27-929F-4E0C-AACD-32CF18C51302.jpeg

A021C60C-304F-47D3-9C0A-259D8BF913A5.jpeg

BB6AF435-C14D-44D1-A8DA-B43F0856F8B6.jpeg

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel we all need a professional negotiator come signing time

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got it straightened out. Considering updating the title to include Resolved and updating the first post with a quick summary of the steps you took to get them to drop the ADM.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on getting this resolved with the dealership. Glad they did the right thing at the end of the day.

Also, I saw this picture and had to say:

Pigeon's will be looking at this opportunity like...

Ford Bronco $15K Price Increase From Dealer Over MSRP Scam 1635777085825
Sponsored