Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be getting mine from Stephens, will there be snow on the ground?

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't know how many cancellations they'll have so they have to say 2022 to cover themselves in the event more people follow through with an order than the company expects.

I believe that people in that 165K number who actually place an order will get their Bronco next spring. After all, we just floated Ford a 0% interest, $16.5M loan.
The user survey that went out to a few reservation holders will give them a pretty accurate statistical measure of how many will turn into orders. They aren’t flying totally blind.

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I may actually cancel and re-place a reservation just to move me to the end of the queue. More time to save and be in a comfortable spot. I don’t mind waiting longer for it!

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If Ford thinks I will order a 2021 Bronco and take delivery in 2022, I have some news for them.
The dealerships are going to love people like you that order and don’t pick up. First year Bronco on their lot? ???

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
awesome, thank you very much… I did only order a month ago, so I certainly do not expect to get mine anytime soon LOL
Same lol. Wife told me about the massive delay, I laughed and said there’s no way that’ll happen. Then i went and reserved one for her and it’ll come when it comes I guess. I’ll never get a better deal then the first year through Granger so I’ll wait it out. She has a car to drive that’s only 3 years old right now so she will be just fine and waiting will allow for more savings and our entire credit situation to look even better.

ThePayola

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, to everyone claiming that the money Ford Motor Co. has collected on Bronco deposits is funding all sorts of investment at the company: it takes them approximately 54 minutes to make $16.5M (gross revenues are $158B annually). To put it another way, it's 0.01% of their annual revenue.
Also, since the deposits are refundable, I’m sure they have to be accounted for differently. They can’t go spending $16.5 when they don’t know how much of that money they’re even going to keep.

Sponsored

ThePayola

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know. I think there's a lot more die hards that are into the Bronco more then just a regular SUV. Plus we still have 4 more months of new people making reservations. I think most will fulfill them. I guess we'll find out within a year.
The barriers to entry are absurdly low. All Ford required for was a completely refundable $100 deposit. The amount of drop-off is going to be significant.

Any online forum is going to skew to the enthusiast crowd, but the vast majority of people who put down those deposits are not on this site. Some were opportunists who recognized the hype and hoped they could sell their place in line for a profit to someone else who arrived late to the game. Some are people are aren’t in a hurry to buy a new car, saw the Bronco as an interesting choice to consider, and figured it was worth the hundred bucks to keep that option open. Some are enthusiasts who still might not be able to afford the Bronco/can’t get qualified for financing/have a change in their situation and have to bail out when the day finally comes. And of course some are die-hard enthusiasts who will stick it out no matter what.

Regardless, the number of people dropping out will vastly outweigh the number of new orders added - at least in the short-to-mid term. Just look at the graph in another thread that plots the reservations over time. There was a huge surge in the beginning, but then it tapered off quickly. And there hasn’t been a sharp increase in interest since.

Personally, I wish Ford would have set the bar higher. Requiring a $1,000 deposit would have separated the wheat from the chaff and probably given them (and their supply chain) a much more accurate view of the true demand. By making it so easy for people to get on the list, they undoubtedly increased the hype, but probably made it much more difficult to forecast and plan.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The barriers to entry are absurdly low. All Ford required for was a completely refundable $100 deposit. The amount of drop-off is going to be significant.

Any online forum is going to skew to the enthusiast crowd, but the vast majority of people who put down those deposits are not on this site. Some were opportunists who recognized the hype and hoped they could sell their place in line for a profit to someone else who arrived late to the game. Some are people are aren’t in a hurry to buy a new car, saw the Bronco as an interesting choice to consider, and figured it was worth the hundred bucks to keep that option open. Some are enthusiasts who still might not be able to afford the Bronco/can’t get qualified for financing/have a change in their situation and have to bail out when the day finally comes. And of course some are die-hard enthusiasts who will stick it out no matter what.

Regardless, the number of people dropping out will vastly outweigh the number of new orders added - at least in the short-to-mid term. Just look at the graph in another thread that plots the reservations over time. There was a huge surge in the beginning, but then it tapered off quickly. And there hasn’t been a sharp increase in interest since.

Personally, I wish Ford would have set the bar higher. Requiring a $1,000 deposit would have separated the wheat from the chaff and probably given them (and their supply chain) a much more accurate view of the true demand. By making it so easy for people to get on the list, they undoubtedly increased the hype, but probably made it much more difficult to forecast and plan.
I hope you're right.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.