Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The barriers to entry are absurdly low. All Ford required for was a completely refundable $100 deposit. The amount of drop-off is going to be significant.

Any online forum is going to skew to the enthusiast crowd, but the vast majority of people who put down those deposits are not on this site. Some were opportunists who recognized the hype and hoped they could sell their place in line for a profit to someone else who arrived late to the game. Some are people are aren’t in a hurry to buy a new car, saw the Bronco as an interesting choice to consider, and figured it was worth the hundred bucks to keep that option open. Some are enthusiasts who still might not be able to afford the Bronco/can’t get qualified for financing/have a change in their situation and have to bail out when the day finally comes. And of course some are die-hard enthusiasts who will stick it out no matter what.

Regardless, the number of people dropping out will vastly outweigh the number of new orders added - at least in the short-to-mid term. Just look at the graph in another thread that plots the reservations over time. There was a huge surge in the beginning, but then it tapered off quickly. And there hasn’t been a sharp increase in interest since.

Personally, I wish Ford would have set the bar higher. Requiring a $1,000 deposit would have separated the wheat from the chaff and probably given them (and their supply chain) a much more accurate view of the true demand. By making it so easy for people to get on the list, they undoubtedly increased the hype, but probably made it much more difficult to forecast and plan.
I will see your $1000 deposit and raise you Build and Price.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The barriers to entry are absurdly low. All Ford required for was a completely refundable $100 deposit. The amount of drop-off is going to be significant.

Any online forum is going to skew to the enthusiast crowd, but the vast majority of people who put down those deposits are not on this site. Some were opportunists who recognized the hype and hoped they could sell their place in line for a profit to someone else who arrived late to the game. Some are people are aren’t in a hurry to buy a new car, saw the Bronco as an interesting choice to consider, and figured it was worth the hundred bucks to keep that option open. Some are enthusiasts who still might not be able to afford the Bronco/can’t get qualified for financing/have a change in their situation and have to bail out when the day finally comes. And of course some are die-hard enthusiasts who will stick it out no matter what.

Regardless, the number of people dropping out will vastly outweigh the number of new orders added - at least in the short-to-mid term. Just look at the graph in another thread that plots the reservations over time. There was a huge surge in the beginning, but then it tapered off quickly. And there hasn’t been a sharp increase in interest since.

Personally, I wish Ford would have set the bar higher. Requiring a $1,000 deposit would have separated the wheat from the chaff and probably given them (and their supply chain) a much more accurate view of the true demand. By making it so easy for people to get on the list, they undoubtedly increased the hype, but probably made it much more difficult to forecast and plan.
Where is that graph showing reservations over time? I didn’t reserve until Friday the first week...be nice to know how far back I am. Can’t find the graph.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where is that graph showing reservations over time? I didn’t reserve until Friday the first week...be nice to know how far back I am. Can’t find the graph.
Don't think thats going to be very accurate considering not everyone that reserved a Bronco even belongs to this sight. Not to mention people like me that belong to this Forum are not even on it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't think thats going to be very accurate considering not everyone that reserved a Bronco even belongs to this sight. Not to mention people like me that belong to this Forum are not even on it.
Oh, thanks...yeah that one is basically meaningless...I thought he was saying there was a graph showing all reservations somewhere.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What if not all the reservations cant be filled before Ford switches to new model year 2022 Bronco's and they reveal new colors/options and the original reservation is set for 2021 color?

KindDizzyAbalone-size_restricted.gif
Excellent Question.

ThePayola

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not about the absolute numbers...it’s about tracking the relative level of demand over time. As one would expect, there was a surge at the start but it flattened out very quickly. That’s a likely indicator that many people took advantage of the cheap and refundable fee and reserved one on impulse right out of the gate. But that same impulse-driven decision cost them almost nothing and there is literally nothing to lose by canceling. That’s why I think we’re going to see a decent amount of drop-off. Ford made it too easy.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not about the absolute numbers...it’s about tracking the relative level of demand over time. As one would expect, there was a surge at the start but it flattened out very quickly. That’s a likely indicator that many people took advantage of the cheap and refundable fee and reserved one on impulse right out of the gate. But that same impulse-driven decision cost them almost nothing and there is literally nothing to lose by canceling. That’s why I think we’re going to see a decent amount of drop-off. Ford made it too easy.
I agree and I believe Ford knows this, they have researched other hot vehicle releases over the years to see where the number lie. They absolutely know the percentage of reservations that might actually turn into orders..they won’t or shouldn’t be blindsided by this either way.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the people that will get their Bronco in late 2021 or sometime in 2022, I sincerely hope Ford makes some price adjustments. Ford needs to start giving us an idea of when the deliveries will begin and how are they going to prioritize those orders.

If I have to wait til the middle of 2022, then I would go for the Tesla Cybertruck.

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not all but many of the people in the first 165k that reserved a Bronco are hard-core Bronco fans that have been waiting for a long time for this moment. I don't see very many dropping their reservations if any at all. Now people that come later yes they may change their minds.

I think hoping for 50% to drop their reservations is a pipe dream and wishful thinking. I think you'll be surprised at just how many people want this vehicle bad. It almost has a cult following.
All of that sounds good, but real life hits people every day. Especially with this pandemic happening. People are still out of work. I think people hit the reservation button by just pure excitement alone. Once that price and build starts, people are gonna start canceling for sure. Broncos aren't as cheap as we once thought before the reveal. Now you're gonna start adding stuff. My OB could very well turn into a 60+ vehicle. Cult following is one thing, but I don't think people are gonna want to go broke trying to get one. Idk we'll see I January I guess.

Sponsored

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the people that will get their Bronco in late 2021 or sometime in 2022, I sincerely hope Ford makes some price adjustments. Ford needs to start giving us an idea of when the deliveries will begin and how are they going to prioritize those orders.

If I have to wait til the middle of 2022, then I would go for the Tesla Cybertruck.
Yeah, if I have to wait long, I'm going to get my wrangler. I'm not waiting almost 2 years for a vehicle

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
All of that sounds good, but real life hits people every day. Especially with this pandemic happening. People are still out of work. I think people hit the reservation button by just pure excitement alone. Once that price and build starts, people are gonna start canceling for sure. Broncos aren't as cheap as we once thought before the reveal. Now you're gonna start adding stuff. My OB could very well turn into a 60+ vehicle. Cult following is one thing, but I don't think people are gonna want to go broke trying to get one. Idk we'll see I January I guess.
I actually hope your right. If so ill have a better chance of getting my Bronco sooner then later.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

$1000 deposit? No offense but a lot of people don’t have $1000 just sitting around they’re willing to hand over to a dealership, interest free, a year before they see a vehicle. $100 was fine and was a much more realistic price of entry and regardless of the initial deposit the orders will work themselves out in the end. The only thing $1000 would have done was discourage people who can’t afford that right now and make hardcore people feel better about the lack of reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.