Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on MAP's production capacity of 65 units an hour, and them going to a 60% Bronco mix once production ramps up, the theroretical maximum they could build per week is 5460. Thats
30 weeks to build 165k units without any production hiccups.
By the time the MY '21 Bronco starts hitting driveways, I imagine the Ranger side of production will be getting ready for MY '22. I forsee MY '21 Bronco being a short production year to get it aligned with the rest of the overall lineup of MY changeover in the summer.
My guess Is they will receive a total of about 90,000 orders in December. And I feel like Iā€™m being optimistic with that number.
Iā€™m just going by stuff Iā€™ve read on the Internet from people in the automotive business and what a few dealerships have told me what their predictions are.
Sponsored

Ruffnuts

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat, 2007 mustang gt, 82 f100
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They don't know how many cancellations they'll have so they have to say 2022 to cover themselves in the event more people follow through with an order than the company expects.

I believe that people in that 165K number who actually place an order will get their Bronco next spring. After all, we just floated Ford a 0% interest, $16.5M loan.
Actually if I'm correct your 100 bucks went to the dealer you listed your reservation through, I know mine did

Reactions: RG7

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess Is they will receive a total of about 90,000 orders in December. And I feel like Iā€™m being optimistic with that number.
Iā€™m just going by stuff Iā€™ve read on the Internet from people in the automotive business and what a few dealerships have told me what their predictions are.
It'd take 17 weeks to build that many orders, God willing and the creek don't rise.

A perfect production model launch on March 1 (May 1 ?) would put January orders being built around the end of June (August).

I wonder what the cruel reality will be though? I'm sure issues will arise to slow/stall things at some point.

A shout out to you tradesmen at MAP; Get that tooling online guys! We're waiting!

Last edited:

Futbolover92

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sadly I'm not sure we can equate any numbers in terms of production volume based on any models that they're currently running. Yeah with the Ranger line there's something, but we don't know how much they will plan to split production between the two programs, or how much more complex the Bronco is to build than the Ranger. If I don't get my order in 2021 though, I might just wait another year or two just to see how things play out with new models like the potential Raptor/Warthog/whatever they call it.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully I'm among the 1st 165k, did order it around 9 something pm opening night

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My supervisor has a friend that works the assembly line at Ford. She was going to retire until the Bronco was being brought back. I don't know if they get a special deal working at Ford, I would assume so. If I get any inside info (time line) from her I'll pass it on.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It'd take 17 weeks to build that many orders, God willing and the creek don't rise.

A perfect production model launch on March 1 (May 1 ?) would put January orders being built around the end of June (August).

I wonder what the cruel reality will be though? I'm sure issues will arise to slow/stall things at some point.

A shout out to you tradesmen at MAP; Get that tooling online guys! We're waiting!
My dealer said orders begin Mar 2021. I'm curious as too how long it'll be from order to delivery. If December 2020 is start of ordering and production begins June 2021, I'm guessing December/January orders will take delivery around Aug/Sep 2021? So maybe November/December 2021 for March orders. What do you think? Just trying to pick some brains.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer said orders begin Mar 2021. I'm curious as too how long it'll be from order to delivery. If December 2020 is start of ordering and production begins June 2021, I'm guessing December/January orders will take delivery around Aug/Sep 2021? So maybe November/December 2021 for March orders. What do you think? Just trying to pick some brains.
Delivery is expected in Spring, not production. All orders are in December

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see any data on the web for Ford, but Tesla's Model3 was popular where early adapters stood in a physical line to make a reservation. Here is the data below.
Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. tesla-chart1-v3

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. tesla-chart2b-v3

One takeaway from this is as time progresses, interest is lost. So, I am sure Ford won't disclose how many refunds they've issued, but this is consumers behaviors. Model3 and Bronco can't be compared, but the consumers behavior can. Just like Bronco die hard fans, Tesla has those too.

Here is the link to the article: https://electrek.co/2018/06/04/tesla-model-3-reservations-refunded-report/

Just wanted to add some insight here. That's all.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We already have the list and as of November 1 other than cancellations it will be locked...

Should be able to put them in WBDO making them ready for Ford to pick up....

We could not do all of them in 5 days working 24 hours per day...
But youā€™re Granger Ford, Albert. Not everyone will have the same orders as you do lol. With the way some of these dealers are they may only have a handful.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dunno, Iā€™ve read this whole thread, I have no idea why.

Hereā€™s my take: the vehicle will be made eventually. My vehicle will be assembled eventually and will eventually be in my garage.

So yeah, eventually. ?ā€ā™‚ I donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ the vehicle so whenever it comes it comes. There will never be a cheaper time to own a Bronco then when it first releases and a dealer is offering under invoice deals. If itā€™s July 2022, I will just end up putting another 5K down.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dunno, Iā€™ve read this whole thread, I have no idea why.

Hereā€™s my take: the vehicle will be made eventually. My vehicle will be assembled eventually and will eventually be in my garage.

So yeah, eventually. ?ā€ā™‚ I donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ the vehicle so whenever it comes it comes. There will never be a cheaper time to own a Bronco then when it first releases and a dealer is offering under invoice deals. If itā€™s July 2022, I will just end up putting another 5K down.
Its good you have patience and the luxury of time to wait. Some of us don't. I know for me I need a vehicle ASAP.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its good you have patience and the luxury of time to wait. Some of don't. I know for me I need a vehicle ASAP.
With all things in life, patience is a virtue. Everything will work out in the end so you might as well just enjoy your life stress free until than.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.