Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I’d suggest you look for other sources for your information. The life of someone you know may depend on it.
I don't know what thats supposed to mean but I've seen enough of the Virus in my area to know not to take it lightly. Plenty of people have gotten really sick. You believe what you want.
Sponsored

BroncoSYV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm guessing about 1/3 of buyers actually perform. As others have eluded to, it's easy to make a $100 res after you've had a couple cold beers.... Commiting to a $50k vehicle is another story

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know what thats supposed to mean but I've seen enough of the Virus in my area to know not to take it lightly. Plenty of people have gotten really sick. You believe what you want.
Read again what you said and my response to it. Nothing I said suggested to "take it lightly". Quite the opposite actually. "Belief" has nothing to do with it.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure folks will know that your 2021 was from the first run, even if you didn’t get it until 2022. Also there is a plate showing month and year of manufacture on the door sill, so if your wondering about eating a year of depreciation you have that to show potential buyers down the road.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$1000 deposit? No offense but a lot of people don’t have $1000 just sitting around they’re willing to hand over to a dealership, interest free, a year before they see a vehicle. $100 was fine and was a much more realistic price of entry and regardless of the initial deposit the orders will work themselves out in the end. The only thing $1000 would have done was discourage people who can’t afford that right now and make hardcore people feel better about the lack of reservations.
I agree, there are not as many people that would just hand for or any other auto manufacturer $1,000 compare to $100. Even if it was $500 that would probably be to much unless it was for a limited product model or trim.

if the rumors are correct that the next gen Raptor will have a limited run with Shelby GT500 engine, I could see Ford increasing the deposit amount for that model. Also bet Ford will do this sort of reveal for most if not all of their upcoming releases/reveals. Ford will definitely capitalize on this and it’s useful to track how much interest there is in the particular vehicle.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sure folks will know that your 2021 was from the first run, even if you didn’t get it until 2022. Also there is a plate showing month and year of manufacture on the door sill, so if your wondering about eating a year of depreciation you have that to show potential buyers down the road.
I personally don’t care if it’s 2021 or 2022. But the value will go by the model year and mileage . Nobody cares about what year and month it was actually built.
Right now cars are made from spring one year until spring the next year. No matter which of the 2 years of its build date, the first thing you input on KBB or whatever is the model year.

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not all but many of the people in the first 165k that reserved a Bronco are hard-core Bronco fans that have been waiting for a long time for this moment. I don't see very many dropping their reservations if any at all. Now people that come later yes they may change their minds.

I think hoping for 50% to drop their reservations is a pipe dream and wishful thinking. I think you'll be surprised at just how many people want this vehicle bad. It almost has a cult following.
I’ve got two reservations as at the time I was hedging my bets since I didn’t know I could switch dealers when I reserved. I will be canceling one once I figure out the best deal. I wonder how many people have done the same?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, there are not as many people that would just hand for or any other auto manufacturer $1,000 compare to $100. Even if it was $500 that would probably be to much unless it was for a limited product model or trim.

if the rumors are correct that the next gen Raptor will have a limited run with Shelby GT500 engine, I could see Ford increasing the deposit amount for that model. Also bet Ford will do this sort of reveal for most if not all of their upcoming releases/reveals. Ford will definitely capitalize on this and it’s useful to track how much interest there is in the particular vehicle.
Yep! I could see them doing more for a limited edition vehicle.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally don’t care if it’s 2021 or 2022. But the value will go by the model year and mileage . Nobody cares about what year and month it was actually built.
Right now cars are made from spring one year until spring the next year. No matter which of the 2 years of its build date, the first thing you input on KBB or whatever is the model year.
The used market on these won’t be following a typical KBB model for a few years.

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Translating Ford-speak. Since so far "by September" means "October," "spring" means "summer" and "MY2021" means "MY2022," Ford must be using the wrong calendar. I imagine they'll work it out by my timeline in 2023.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may actually cancel and re-place a reservation just to move me to the end of the queue. More time to save and be in a comfortable spot. I don’t mind waiting longer for it!
Same

ewitz

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Rubicon, 99 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not all but many of the people in the first 165k that reserved a Bronco are hard-core Bronco fans that have been waiting for a long time for this moment. I don't see very many dropping their reservations if any at all. Now people that come later yes they may change their minds.

I think hoping for 50% to drop their reservations is a pipe dream and wishful thinking. I think you'll be surprised at just how many people want this vehicle bad. It almost has a cult following.
My first off road vehicle was a 75 Bronco and it was so awesome, I have been waiting for this!
I am not sure I can wait another year, I will get an early classic, and go from there, if I have too.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The dealerships are going to love people like you that order and don’t pick up. First year Bronco on their lot? ???
I would agree if it was a limited production vehicle but a 2021 MY in 2022 on their lot. Good luck to the dealer.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The used market on these won’t be following a typical KBB model for a few years.
Which is about when people will start wanting to trade them in.........
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.