First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mustang gets 21 in mixed driving. 30 miles to work, 30 back. 16 gallon tank.

I ordered the manual in the Bronco, so I should get close to that, but I really wish the tank were larger.
Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People in this forum say that the fuel economy of a 2.7l with Sas is 17 mpg combined... and the gas price hits $5 per gallon here in California, omg o_O
I don't think I can drive it as a daily driver. Are you guys gonna drive it for daily or just for the weekends?
You’re not getting 17mpg in a 2.7 SAS. Ford can say that that all they want? That’s a 14mpg tops vehicle all day everyday

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and the absence of the Pacific Ocean is but one of the reasons that I will never live in Arizona.
I wish San Andreas Fault would shift about 100ft and sink the state. We’d never have to hear about such stupidity again.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Daily driver, 100 miles a day, 2.7 non sas

We’ll see...

might keep it for a couple years then trade for a Prius awd so it all balances out.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gas will be $5 gallon everywhere in the next couple years anyways. We have people in powerful positions that absolutely hate energy independence.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was planning on the Bronco Sas being my one and only vehicle- as my daily driver for work- for the next 2 years until I retire. Then my daily when I retire. My current commute is 85 miles a day round trip. It's a long drive and costly for gas- but working I can afford it.

I anticipated- perhaps incorrectly that the Bronco would achieve the same gas mileage as the F150. it gets quite a bit less. And it gets quite a bit less than the Jeep Wrangler- rated at 19/25. They are both bricks- so why the Bronco so much less?

It may not seem like much but even though I can afford the gas while I am working, that little bit of extra gas- difference from 17 to 25 is a lot living on a SSC budget. Even though I will have no loans and no debt to spend so much on fuel has me concerned. $50-70 a month to me is a lot for extra gas. Ya, I could get a Prius or Maverick but no way- I am too old school.

I am re-thinking to keep the cash and pay the fuel for my current 97 Wrangler and keep it forever. 40K pays for quite a few years of gas. It nets about 19 MPG. Or Get a new Jeep Wrangler with the V6. Even the 2.3L and manual or automatic Bronco is rated only at 21. I really wanted this iconic Bronco although being so close to retirement and the MPG it may not be possible for me.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to inject some basic reasoning into this conversation. The Bronco was designed to be a off-road lifestyle vehicle. Top off, doors off, go anywhere, 4x4, with larger tires...maximize fun. It is designed for style and appearance, not for fuel efficiency.

If you are buying the Bronco and have a concern about fuel efficiency, you are buying the wrong vehicle. If you have to cancel your Netflix or other monthly expenses to absorb fluctuations in gas prices, you are buying the wrong vehicle.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are buying the Bronco and have a concern about fuel efficiency, you are buying the wrong vehicle. If you have to cancel your Netflix or other monthly expenses to absorb fluctuations in gas prices, you are buying the wrong vehicle.
A few miles to the gallon is insignificant compared to the price of most new vehicles. It practically never makes financial sense to buy new. It is not the Bronco that is the problem if pennies need to be pinched, it is the 'new'. I am at the financial point in my life where I don't pay attention to the total on the gas pump at the end, haven't for a decade or more, doesn't really matter, whatever it is I need it for transportation (or want it for pleasure cruising). I suspect that is how most people buying the higher end units feel. They're still throwing singles at the nudie bar, not twenties, but not living paycheck to paycheck either. What concerns them/me is the range. You really cannot have a, what did you call it, a 'go anywhere vehicle'? If anywhere is more than half a tank away, with 17 MPG and a small fuel tank, it isn't exactly getting you over the next horizon and back. That is the problem with the economy rating, of course a larger tank would lessen your GVWR and increase that range, but life involves tradeoffs sometimes. I suspect that half the griping or more world disappear with an extra five gallons of fuel capacity. Also Netflix is terrible and should be cancelled anyway, just like they cancel just about every show they, well...show.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
People in this forum say that the fuel economy of a 2.7l with Sas is 17 mpg combined... and the gas price hits $5 per gallon here in California, omg o_O
I don't think I can drive it as a daily driver. Are you guys gonna drive it for daily or just for the weekends?
It's interesting to me that people would buy a vehicle they can't afford the gas for.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's interesting to me that people would buy a vehicle they can't afford the gas for.
Why? They buy vehicles they can't afford the insurance for every day. Most buyers never even think about insurance when they are caught up in monthly payments with the dealer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some folks are too smug to understand this. Yeah it's a big deal. If you want lockers without a 100% plastic interior, you have to go Sasquatch and it is those larger tires that are killing the mpg.

I commute 65 miles, round trip, 4 days a week. My current car gets 34 mpg @ 4.15 = $32 per week. And thats REAL numbers.

Bronco @ 17 (unknown) would be $64... Basically doubles. Thats $130 more per month.

Some may think thats pennies, or that folks should just blow it off because it's an off road car. I know many people who say that can't afford things but seem to buy a Starbucks everyday.... It all adds up.

To the OP, speed is king of MPG. My hopes are that putting it in eco mode, and keeping at 65mph will squeeze out the most I can get and hopefully raise that 17.

Who would have thought Jeeps shit engines would be getting better mileage.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish San Andreas Fault would shift about 100ft and sink the state. We’d never have to hear about such stupidity again.
I didn't realize there was a Lafayette in Afghanistan.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
17 is not too bad considering the power and package with large tires. My 78 is more like 10 so this is an improvement. For fuel mileage the 2.3 MT and regular tires/wheels should be better. Just about what you want the Bronco to do.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not my daily driver (commute is 130mi round trip 5x a week), but more than just a weekend vehicle. I will use it as much as I can and have fun with her too. I don't want to run the piss out of her commuting. I want to get a small 4 banger with a stick to commute in. then drive her in maybe once a week and the weather makes it fun.
Adding a new reliable economy car to my household contributed nicely to my quality of life. Wife isn't complaining much about my old vehicles anymore. And it's nice to get 30+ mpg on the times when you don't need the utility of a larger vehicle or 4x4. Recommend the 4x4 + economy car combo if two vehicles are in the cards.
Sponsored