Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pushing a tall square Bronco through a fluid.

Also, from everyone who has owned an off-road vehicle before:
Ford Bronco 17 combined Fuel Economy? uUIFcDYRbvJTtxaFNa
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had a commute of more than a couple miles I'd never consider the Bronco, don't enjoy gas stations all that much. I'd also never have bought my Tacoma (which I think might get around 14mpg right now), just not economical IMO. I'd be in some Toyota hybrid cross over or similar instead, maybe get a used Rubi for fun. I don't have any commute except driving the kids to school and one is off to college this year, so what ever my car uses in gas is irrelevant in my case.

I'm still not particularly excited about the 17/17/17 mine will apparently get, I'd prefer more range, but I also didn't expect all that much more honestly.

Some here appear to have really long commutes, personally I'd not get a guzzler for that, commute around here is more stop and go than having fun on winding country roads. The later I happily spend gas money on, the stop and go stuck in traffic not so much.

If finances allow I'd rather get a used efficient car for a long commute that's not full of actual driving fun.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny... I just thought of something... Affording and being moneywise are two different things.

I can afford to buy a $200 pair of sneakers, But I wouldn't be caught dead doing so. Being financially wise is what allows people to "afford" things.

But many of you are correct, if I lived in my mama's basement and didn't have a family to raise and pay for, I could "afford" to fill the gas tank up every day.

OP
OP
Choispics

Choispics

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP2 & 2021 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny... I just thought of something... Affording and being moneywise are two different things.

I can afford to buy a $200 pair of sneakers, But I wouldn't be caught dead doing so. Being financially wise is what allows people to "afford" things.

But many of you are correct, if I lived in my mama's basement and didn't have a family to raise and pay for, I could "afford" to fill the gas tank up every day.
100% to the point.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's good for you! Imagine me driving my manual Mustang in Downtown LA, gear 1, 2, 1,2..1212121212121212121212...it is wasting time and gas🤦‍♂️ Should I move to another state?
You should look into buying a helicopter to help avoid traffic!

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20k miles a year for work, nope, I bought a Tesla and get 320miles for $8.50 battery fill up at night while I’m sleeping. BL will be my weekend fun.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

20k miles a year for work, nope, I bought a Tesla and get 320miles for $8.50 battery fill up at night while I’m sleeping. BL will be my weekend fun.
Could have bought a lot of gas for the price of that Tesla :cool:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is called “saving”. Saving for your child, parents, future, charity..etc.
If someone is keen enough on this that it influences their vehicle-buying process, they're out shopping for a Toyota Camry that they will drive for the next 200k miles.

This is a forum of people looking at a $30k+ BOF SUV (with bonus points for paying MSRP+ for a first or second model year), that is a 100% luxury (if not luxury car) lifestyle/hobby vehicle. There's very little about the Bronco that is "money wise" in the first place even before you get into the regular care and feeding of it, so you can't be too alarmed at the lack of empathy on here about getting cold feet over a statistic (and a very unsurprising one at that) and writing it off as financially irresponsible.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't pay CA fuel prices because I stay out of that place. I'm originally from there and loved the state, just not the people too much (except family).

DD is very much an option for me. Go where the gas is cheap, and be free to DD your Bronco the way you want.

Stop telling people to move to Texas. Its getting crowded here

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current commute is 8 miles round trip. $2 or $10 gas makes little difference. I am wanting to move out of the city so when my commute is 50-60 miles round trip I may have to reevaluate.

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m fine with that number. Worse than what I was hoping for, but I can afford it.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is this 17 mpg number coming from? My window sticker reads 21 mpg combined....

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For 17 you better have a 30mph gust pushing downhill cause every avg mpg by manufacturers are fictitious numbers

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where is this 17 mpg number coming from? My window sticker reads 21 mpg combined....
All sasquatched broncos are rated at 17 city / 17 highway / 17 combined
Sponsored