Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a few struggles I am excited to share the final outcome of our leveling kit and wheel/tire install!

Our specs:
Non-Sas OBX
4WP Leveling Kit with Big Tire crash bars
17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels
315/70r17 BF Goodrich KO2

1.25 inches of tire "poke" beyond the Non-Sas OBX fenders. No rubbing even at the limits of the OBX articulation.

Also the stock 3rd brake light clears the tire, just barely but it clears! I was worried I would need a taller 3rd brake light mount.

Ford Bronco 17x9 RTR Tech 6 wheels (+30 offset), 315/70r17 BFGs, 4WP Level Kit installed on OBX IMG_20210727_202836__01

Ford Bronco 17x9 RTR Tech 6 wheels (+30 offset), 315/70r17 BFGs, 4WP Level Kit installed on OBX IMG_20210727_190412
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. That was a cool Easter egg that you found as well! Look forward to more.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the 4wp kit doesn’t come with new lower strut bolts? I think the Zone 1” does but maybe just cause it needs to be replaced with a longer one. That LCA bolt looks crazy!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like it. Personally, I feel like the chunky standard bumper looks more at home for the bigger tire / lifted builds. From the front view, the ratio of 'lift to body' looks off with the mod bumper since it's thinner. It's too much height for too slender of a body. I.e. mod bumper looks good on non-sas to give appearance of more lift, but chunkier standard bumper looks better on sasquatch.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the 4wp kit doesn’t come with new lower strut bolts? I think the Zone 1” does but maybe just cause it needs to be replaced with a longer one. That LCA bolt looks crazy!
I did not realize that Zone was providing new bolts with their kit. 4WP does not but their instructions recommend dropping the lower control arm rather than remove the lower strut bolts.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if you can’t air hammer out the lower strut bolts, the LCA doesn’t swing low enough after popping out the cv axle to get the coilover out?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how's the ride versus sasquatch suspension?

Sponsored

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you post some pics of the wheels that have some better resolution? I watched your whole video hoping for some closeups to the side profile in good light but only the spare seemed to be clearly viewable. Stoked for you guys!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you can’t air hammer out the lower strut bolts, the LCA doesn’t swing low enough after popping out the cv axle to get the coilover out?
We were unsuccessful since the spacers add 2 inches to the top of the strut.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pretty sure she has the 3.73 open axle
Yes, and on the road so far there is no noticable difference in power or driveability.

There could be off-road but since there are not many rocks to crawl in Florida we should be fine for 97% of what we will drive. We are prepared to upgrade gears and even axles if we break something.
Sponsored