Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you concerned at all about putting such a large tire on a front axle that I think is only rated for a 33" tire from what I have read?? I am getting a BD this month and would love to go 34-35" but I am concerned about the axle being able to handle it.
I could be completely wrong but my personal opinion is that it all depends on how hard you drive/push the Bronco or any vehicle for that matter. We are willing to replace the front axles as needed, my original thought was that after all of the reserved Broncos hit the street we will see OEM Badlands axles other parts show up for sale as they are upgraded.

Most of our off roading will be on forest roads and we will have our F250 Tremor along to rescue the Bronco as needed. Any time I have broken something in the past it has been when desperately attempting to get out of a sticky situation. In those cases, knowing our Bronco is not the most capable we will throw a tow strap on and use the Tremor to assist the Bronco rather than push the limits.

Our Bronco will see 92% of it's life on the street.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did the fog light kit come from?
Everything lighting wise is stock OBX. Here is a picture with the mirror spot lights on, we haven't tested them yet but if they are like our Tremor they will work at low speeds, I believe it is under 10 mph and that can be changed with ForScan in the future.

IMG_20210727_203031.jpg

IMG_20210727_203031.jpg

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I could be completely wrong but my personal opinion is that it all depends on how hard you drive/push the Bronco or any vehicle for that matter. We are willing to replace the front axles as needed, my original thought was that after all of the reserved Broncos hit the street we will see OEM Badlands axles other parts show up for sale as they are upgraded.

Most of our off roading will be on forest roads and we will have our F250 Tremor along to rescue the Bronco as needed. Any time I have broken something in the past it has been when desperately attempting to get out of a sticky situation. In those cases, knowing our Bronco is not the most capable we will throw a tow strap on and use the Tremor to assist the Bronco rather than push the limits.

Our Bronco will see 92% of it's life on the street.
Thanks for the response and the fantastic videos you have posted, mine will be predominantly on road as well. Tough decision, I think I may go 33 just to get the extra touch of aggressiveness while still preserving good ride quality and decent mileage. However I Love the stance with your new upgrades. Good Luck with it.

Last edited:

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see, so the problem is that it’s longer when reinstalling it? I watched another install where they air hammered the lower bolts off while still on the vehicle. But maybe easier on a bench if having problems. Did you try both?
We were unsuccessful since the spacers add 2 inches to the top of the strut.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see, so the problem is that it’s longer when reinstalling it? I watched another install where they air hammered the lower bolts off while still on the vehicle. But maybe easier on a bench if having problems. Did you try both?
Yes, I removed one while the strut was still installed, it came out like butter. The second was stuck so I was able to remove the strut and tried several ways to remove the bolt, including using a vise to "press" it out.

If I had a replacement bolt in hand I could have gotten it out. 🙂

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could be completely wrong but my personal opinion is that it all depends on how hard you drive/push the Bronco or any vehicle for that matter.
I would also argue that the M190 is also an open differential which also will inherently limit the amount of load that will be placed on that axle under any conditions. Unlike the SAS which has a front locker (which can dramatically increase the forces on the differential/axles).

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. I am curious about those RTR wheels, specifically color. Do you find the gray to be closer to color/shade of cactus or closer to the darker gray pieces? Now that I think about it, not sure your rig has much of the carbonized gray that badlands/sas has.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. I am curious about those RTR wheels, specifically color. Do you find the gray to be closer to color/shade of cactus or closer to the darker gray pieces? Now that I think about it, not sure your rig has much of the carbonized gray that badlands/sas has.
I haven't seen the MIC top in person but based on the pictures I have seen online they look to be rather close to the MIC hardtop color.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen the MIC top in person but based on the pictures I have seen online they look to be rather close to the MIC hardtop color.
Thanks. I may go black if I get them. Between cactus, the carbonized gray grill/fenders, the mic top, and the wheels.. that may be overkill. Would have to call my truck 50 Shades of Gray at that point.

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks great!

khoward9

Outer Banks
First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After a few struggles I am excited to share the final outcome of our leveling kit and wheel/tire install!

Our specs:
Non-Sas OBX
4WP Leveling Kit with Big Tire crash bars
17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels
315/70r17 BF Goodrich KO2

1.25 inches of tire "poke" beyond the Non-Sas OBX fenders. No rubbing even at the limits of the OBX articulation.

Also the stock 3rd brake light clears the tire, just barely but it clears! I was worried I would need a taller 3rd brake light mount.

Ford Bronco 17x9 RTR Tech 6 wheels (+30 offset), 315/70r17 BFGs, 4WP Level Kit installed on OBX IMG_20210727_203031

Ford Bronco 17x9 RTR Tech 6 wheels (+30 offset), 315/70r17 BFGs, 4WP Level Kit installed on OBX IMG_20210727_203031
absolutely love.. we have Orange OBX that we picked up last week and already have the 4wp level kit and the RTR wheels. Plan to get same tires so it is awesome to see how well it will look after seeing your pics. Couple questions if you dont mind: how did you handle the TMPS ? i found a link and ordered recommended replacements but was curious how you handled. Did you do anything to adjust Speedometer to account for larger tires? Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

absolutely love.. we have Orange OBX that we picked up last week and already have the 4wp level kit and the RTR wheels. Plan to get same tires so it is awesome to see how well it will look after seeing your pics. Couple questions if you dont mind: how did you handle the TMPS ? i found a link and ordered recommended replacements but was curious how you handled. Did you do anything to adjust Speedometer to account for larger tires? Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.
I had the TPMS swapped from the stock wheels. I have ordered OEM replacements for other ford trucks that I have installed aftermarket wheels on and I always seemed to have difficulties getting them to properly sync.

We have not yet reset the speedometer. It doesn't seem too far off but we need to confirm just how off it is. I am not certain if a dealer will do this or if we need to wait for someone to figure out how to change the tire size using ForScan.

Looking forward to seeing your Outer Banks once completed!

Whiteboy_Mark

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry, 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

what lug nuts did you guys go with? On the RTR website it says the stocks aren’t compatible. Thanks!
Sponsored