Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh contraire.....we all have deposits on Broncos that were promised spring of 21. Some deposits as high as $2k. Dealerships have been holding those deposits for as much as a year. I think they owe us something when we finalize the purchase.......don't you?
When you finalize your purchase you will get exactly what you are owed, till then you haven't purchased anything.
Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the 20th is in a week, and May ends in 18 days. Do y’all think we are going to find out or build date as promised? I won’t lie I don’t think we are, and if we DONT Ford owes us something. What do u think we should get? Points? A free feature like the headliners? Also I’m going to the houston auto show, I will for sure get some pics for y’all!
Read the message thoroughly as well. Ford just said they would give more information and that's it. Anybody expecting a date besides "between q3 2021 and q3 2022". is delusional. We will get some carrot in the stick email and that's it. The most anybody can hope for at this point is for people in front of them in line to get pissed, cancel and free up commodities.
Thank you. I really wish people would learn to read.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread needs cat gifs.😁
I am in a similar boat. I made my late Oct reservation knowing full well it was most likely meaning a MY 22 and I was fine with that. I was willing to gamble my lease could end before the bronco was built and be without a car for a month or so.....I am starting to get worried mine won't get built now till well into 2022 and that puts me in a tough spot
you can always extend your lease.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Read the message thoroughly as well. Ford just said they would give more information and that's it. Anybody expecting a date besides "between q3 2021 and q3 2022". is delusional. We will get some carrot in the stick email and that's it. The most anybody can hope for at this point is for people in front of them in line to get pissed, cancel and free up commodities.
When we went through this same process for Ranger (which obviously wasn't in covid times or supply-chain limited), the process was shockingly straight forward.

We're at the point where Ford is determining what parts will be on hand to build vehicles. Their obvious goal is to build as many as possible to maximize profits (as they can't impact the build order too much to maximize profit). People are flipping their lids because they can't conceptualize the massive undertaking of ensuring tens of thousands of parts are all on hand to complete a given vehicle in it's many permutations.

• For Ranger we got the email stating we were in X build group which was starting in Y days
  • Y-minus-2 days we got an email with our VIN and that production would be finished between 2-4 weeks from X build group starting.
    • Once we got VIN, we could track the build on the Ford website
    • Like clockwork 21 days later we had a warning on our vin that there was a TSB on a part, we could go into the dealership and make a change to our build or wait.
      • It ended up being the $95 keypad of doom (We're on our 6th keypad now and the 7th is on it's way). The GF wanted to keep it which resulted in another 20-something days of delay
  • Once the TSB was resolved, our build finished the next day and the order was completed with "scheduling shipment" status with a warning it takes 7-10 days to receive our truck.
  • 3 days later the dealership called and our truck was in-hand.
    • less than 10 hours after that call the order status was changed to "delivered"

Given the realities of the world, and EXCLUDING personal feelings, it's amazing they are bringing a new vehicle to market in this global business environment, especially one so dramatically different from their other products. if they gave me a "Q3 2021" or "Q4 2021" expected build date I would be ecstatic that they were even willing to give that!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Once the TSB was resolved, our build finished the next day and the order was completed with "scheduling shipment" status with a warning it takes 7-10 days to receive our truck.
  • 3 days later the dealership called and our truck was in-hand.
    • less than 10 hours after that call the order status was changed to "delivered"
Maaaan I wish it would only take 7-10 days to ship the bronco!! Why the difference in shipping? 7-10 days is better than 4-6 weeks lol

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maaaan I wish it would only take 7-10 days to ship the bronco!! Why the difference in shipping? 7-10 days is better than 4-6 weeks lol
Realistically speaking, once you take out the TSB days, we had our vehicle in hand within 4 weeks, which was absolutely the schedule Ford promised with the VIN email.

There is no issue with the way Ford is operating right now, this forum has a lot of sour grapes and stinging bottoms about things which are well outside their control. It's not as if they wanted to be about $3 BILLION in the hole right now on Bronco without a single unit to sell.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the 90's I camped out for 7 Days and 6 nights all through Christamas and new years in front of the Harley Dealer to get on of the First bikes that year and it was awesome the fun excitment and anticipation was Great I got the first Road king that first year, I even did it again in 1999 for 3 nights and I got the first 2000 Deuce That was great too now you can walk into a Harley dealer and get a new CVO of the show room floor so I am not that excited about it anymore 4 Bikes later, in November 2019 I Ordered a Cybertruck and just found out it might be April 2023 at the ealiest before I see it and yes I am excited but it's really gonna hurt after seeing them driving around for years before I get one I am posting all this Crap because I want all of you to realize it is gonna happen and we will be the first ones in our areas to be Sporting around in a Bronco and especially knowing the dealers are not gonna have a boat load of them on the lot for sale so some late comer will swoop in and by one (unless they pay the big markup we all know will happen in the showroom if there is one) We are gonna get a Bronco and because we reserved it so long ago we are gonna be THE LUCKY ONES!!!

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford gave us the process, we followed the process, Ford better too.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford said they will let me know more in May (information, delivery estimate, whatever), so I'm expecting that to happen. No, Ford's communication and transparency have not been good. Thank goodness for this site. But they said May, so I expect something in the next week or two. Until then, I'll try to be patient and keep my rants to a minimum. Honestly, my earliest hope is sometime in the fall. Crazy how the lack of information drives me 🤪. I'll do better 😏.
Sponsored