18 days of May left...

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are they now...
Do they or do they not have a dealership granted BY FORD? Ford can and has pulled dealership "franchises" in the past. That makes them an agent of the corporation. Just like a salesman is an agent of the dealership.
Sponsored

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was kind of hoping for a set of steak knives
Ginsu all the way. I have random objects in my house that need cutting. Can I cut an old remote in half? We're about to find out! What about that stapler over there? Ginsu'd!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they or do they not have a dealership granted BY FORD? Ford can and has pulled dealership "franchises" in the past. That makes them an agent of the corporation. Just like a salesman is an agent of the dealership.
Will you be buying your Bronco from Ford or from the dealer?

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Ford account has said contact dealer for some time which I did. Dealer said that order is in and everything looks good from their end but no other info. I decided to call Ford yesterday to see what was up. The lady said that Ford has said that they would be sending build date emails out by the 15th of May but admitted that wouldn't happen. However, she said that they are still targeting having those emails out within 10 days.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process."

Per Ford's email of 3/25/2021. I'm expecting Ford to give us information as they have stated.

Ford may not owe us anything else, but they do owe us an email as promised. Even if they have to break part of their promise by saying due to situations beyond their control, they will have to delay the estimated delivery timing. Hey, I had to put down a $2K deposit at my dealership. Not a big deal. I haven't gotten any Ford Points yet, also not a big deal. However, I will be upset if I don't get an email as promised. Look, the only way I know that they are having ANY issues is that I search this site daily. Otherwise, I would be clueless. There needs to be transparency from Ford, and it needs to be in May as indicated by the last correspondence I've had with Ford. On the bright side.... I talked to my dealer yesterday about eliminating the towing package. He said Ford asked them not to modify builds at this time (OK, not so bright). BUT, he finally told me where I stood in line at their dealership (Top 30 out of 70). They've had 8 scheduled builds so far (all with tow packages, BTW). I don't see how this is possible, since I was an 8/14/20 reservation, but I will take it. I'll still be patient, but I do need that May email.

dmosaurus

Black Diamond
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford doesn't owe anyone of us shit. Anyone can walk away at anytime. We haven't actually bought anything yet. They've already given out a bunch of freebies. They will give you a window... What that window looks like who knows.
Came here to find this response. Thank you!

That entitlement is out of this world.

CaliforniaBurrito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Ford account has said contact dealer for some time which I did. Dealer said that order is in and everything looks good from their end but no other info. I decided to call Ford yesterday to see what was up. The lady said that Ford has said that they would be sending build date emails out by the 15th of May but admitted that wouldn't happen. However, she said that they are still targeting having those emails out within 10 days.
My dealer is saying that his rep says all of our builds will be scheduled before the end of May.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford doesn't owe anyone of us shit. Anyone can walk away at anytime. We haven't actually bought anything yet. They've already given out a bunch of freebies. They will give you a window... What that window looks like who knows.
I'm.....not so sure they don't owe us something. I put down my 1000 smackers just like roughly 100,000 other people did. for 100 million in earnest money, I think they can start to produce more than a few test mules.

In fact, new idea, they just rename the model to the 'Mule', because that's the only thing anyone has ever seen of the damn thing :)

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Came here to find this response. Thank you!

That entitlement is out of this world.

Oh, I am not an entitlement guy. Had a job since I was 14 (not counting working on my dad's farm from the time I could walk down a row of butter beans). However, a word from a person or in this case Ford does mean a lot to me. If Ford said they would send me an update email in May, I expect it in May. Also, the $2K I put down also gives me a little credit as well. That's not entitlement. I agree they don't owe us a Bronco today (you have to believe they want to sell as many as they can as quick as they can to get paid as much as they can). But they do need to honor their word and be transparent.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers are an extension/agent for Ford
Complicated is the true answer... Dealers are NOT acting on behalf of Ford... they are acting on behalf of themselves.

Dealers rely on Ford and Ford relies on Dealers. Dealers are independent business able to do what they want with their business. Unfortunately Ford doesn't have the pull to force Dealers do things a certain way like other franchises like McDonalds.

Ford can and does provide incentives/recommendations to Dealers on how to improve the customer experience, increase traffic, etc... but end of the day each Dealer runs their business the way they want.

Some are more aligned with Ford than others

It can be a no win situation for both parties... and most importantly us customers.
Sponsored