First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hahaha this hilarious, thanks for the laugh. Some would say that putting a non refundable deposit on something you haven't drove or even seen in person is just plain stupid. Talk about business 101! Besides, I wasn't asked for a deposit (wouldn't have paid if I were), and I'm just as serious a buyer as you seem to think you are. As soon as my FE lands at my dealer this year, I'll be in the lot with a rack of hundies in my pocket. šŸ¤‘
Lol. itā€™s not like youā€™re not gonna pay the same amount as everyone else. Just because you ainā€™t paid doesnā€™t mean you arenā€™t gonna, Anyway, you ainā€™t got shit and you ainā€™t gonna pocket shit, just like everyone else on this board.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol. itā€™s not like youā€™re not gonna pay the same amount as everyone else. Just because you ainā€™t paid doesnā€™t mean you arenā€™t gonna, Anyway, you ainā€™t got shit and you ainā€™t gonna pocket shit, just like everyone else on this board.
That's a weird statement. I wasn't talking about paying for a bronco. I was talking about being coerced into paying a deposit of which I couldn't get back (most of which just changed dealers at that point). Pay $1000 plus deposit for a vehicle I thought I would get in 2021 but might get late 2022 instead? A vehicle that has zero unaffiliated driver reviews? Hell nah, man. That's just stupid. You do you, though! That $1000 if spent on the right crypto/investment could have quadrupled by now!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a weird statement. I wasn't talking about paying for a bronco. I was talking about being coerced into paying a deposit of which I couldn't get back (most of which just changed dealers at that point). Pay $1000 plus deposit for a vehicle I thought I would get in 2021 but might get late 2022 instead? A vehicle that has zero unaffiliated driver reviews? Hell nah, man. That's just stupid. You do you, though! That $1000 if spent on the right crypto/investment could have quadrupled by now!
Doesn't matter if you've spent $100 or $1,000 at this point. With all these delays, there should be some interest earned on that money for us!

If we were financing our vehicle with Ford they'd be making interest off us...

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, technically Ford does owe on the deposits which isnā€™t really significant. However, the dealers who took deposits (many of which were positioned as being non-refundable) are now on the hook to start showing some signs of life. I put my money down. Now itā€™s my dealerā€™s turn to show me why they have my money. Just sayin. They canā€™t just hold a deposit indefinitely with nothing to show for it.
I had a deposit with Tesla for over two years and decided to cancel once Musk started dickin around with the T3. It was $1,000, substantially more than the $100 we gave Ford. I have no problem with them having my $100, and if I did then I have no business buying a $45,000 truck.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the 20th is in a week, and May ends in 18 days. Do yā€™all think we are going to find out or build date as promised? I wonā€™t lie I donā€™t think we are, and if we DONT Ford owes us something. What do u think we should get? Points? A free feature like the headliners? Also Iā€™m going to the houston auto show, I will for sure get some pics for yā€™all!
Entitlement is an ugly character flaw. Ford owes you jackshit.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point I would be willing to give up my future first born child just to get my bronco scheduled... you don't even want to know what I would sacrifice to actually receive said bronco
Iā€™ll sell you my BD for $$$$$$ šŸ˜›

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'coerced'. Right up to the point you handed the "non-refundable" portion, of your deposit, to your dealer, you had the option to walkaway. You could have canceled, or you could have chosen a different dealership. You decided that a " non-refundable" deposit was just fine. That was YOUR choice. You were never coerced.

cd13

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still shocked that some dealers charged non-refundable deposits. Even more shocked that any consumers paid it.
If dealers donā€™t have an 80% name match on deliveries they donā€™t get any more Broncos. People here may not have a change of heart but the average car shopper sure does

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In an email, that we would get word from Ford in May. Not a Bronco, just information. It did not say promise, but when I tell someone something I do what I say. Ford should do the same. Hey, they might. Today is only the 12th. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. But, yes, it was a promise in my world.
I copied your quote and you did say promise. And no Ford did not say everyone would know when their Bronco would be built by March.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hahaha this hilarious, thanks for the laugh. Some would say that putting a non refundable deposit on something you haven't drove or even seen in person is just plain stupid. Talk about business 101!
That would be Consumerism 101. Youā€™ve been sitting in the wrong class all semester.

Sponsored

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch is a great name choice as I believe the bronco to be as elusive as the mythical beast. In all seriousness, the worst thing I could have done is gone to see them in person. I am chomping at the bit for my Bronco, but what else can I do? Sit in the back seat and ask one more time ā€œare we there yet?ā€

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That would be Consumerism 101. Youā€™ve been sitting in the wrong class all semester.
I'm in the right class, I think I saw you flunk out first semester. Business is nothing without a buyer.

Kg9ST0J3hL8PhCr0kZ.gif

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in the right class, I think I saw you flunk out first semester. Business is nothing without a buyer.
Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Maybe you should pray on it my brother.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Maybe you should pray on it my brother.
Maybe you should take your own advice? šŸ˜‚

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Song about a Ford out in the desert during the last days of May. Seems appropriate for this thread.

Sponsored