Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other shots of dash boards with the tank 1/4 full and 100 miles to empty (2.7 4 doors) suggests 20ish or a little under combined. Thatā€™s with, what I assume, is a lot of idling in parking lots. Iā€™m hopeful for 20 mpg with daily use and maybe like 22-23 on the highway.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX so maybe, but I think it is more likely it was refueled without reseting the trip meter. Plus that timer seems to be stating 12 hours thirty minutes and zero seconds of drive time since reset. That would be hard to believe was perfectly timed like that, be interesting to see the video, verify it is a real grab and not a doctored picture from Ford

Last edited:

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thatā€™s about what my Ranger gets and itā€™s about 1000 pounds lighter so I expect around that for the Bronco. People expecting more MPG will definitely be disappointed. Especially the Sasquatch ones

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yuck, looks like Iā€™ll be keeping my civic beater to offset that mileage a bit
The bronco is basically a huge brick. Did you actually think it would get amazing gas mileage?
Ford Bronco 19.1 MPG? 1616288166712

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it gets 13 mpg
If it gets 25 mpg

I donā€™t care... I will be still be buying my bronco... Iā€™m not concerned with fuel mileage on a off road vehicle, if I were I would be shopping Toyota Prius...

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like trying to learn much of anything from these screen jabs is faulty. Most operating Broncos are doing a whole lot more idling or operating at weird speeds than in normal use. Or, they're off-roading for testing purposes. Or being driven hard. Or some combination.

Not making any predictions for what the real mileage will be like, but there is no use trying to figure it out from what we're seeing from clips like this.

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like trying to learn much of anything from these screen jabs is faulty. Most operating Broncos are doing a whole lot more idling or operating at weird speeds than in normal use. Or, they're off-roading for testing purposes. Or being driven hard. Or some combination.

Not making any predictions for what the real mileage will be like, but there is no use trying to figure it out from what we're seeing from clips like this.
Except this is the first time I've seen the trip computer. Should give an indication of combined mpg.
For the record, I don't care about mpg, just range. I'm hoping to get an extended or aux fuel tank.
My G500 is getting around 14mpg these days...

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reminds me of my 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis I bought used in 2008 with 110k miles. A thirsty V8, that mofo, averaged 19 mpg too, and it has a better aerodynamics than the Bronco . šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bronco is basically a huge brick. Did you actually think it would get amazing gad mileage?
Ford Bronco 19.1 MPG? 1616288166712
Itā€™s 2021 and implements two turbos it should get in the 20s.
You scoffer

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The other shots of dash boards with the tank 1/4 full and 100 miles to empty (2.7 4 doors) suggests 20ish or a little under combined. Thatā€™s with, what I assume, is a lot of idling in parking lots. Iā€™m hopeful for 20 mpg with daily use and maybe like 22-23 on the highway.
How are your pancake making skills?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it gets 13 mpg
If it gets 25 mpg

I donā€™t care... I will be still be buying my bronco... Iā€™m not concerned with fuel mileage on a off road vehicle, if I were I would be shopping Toyota Prius...
Prius e-awd is pretty damn tempting.
Sponsored