First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone. My name is Nick. recently I have purchased a 1968 Bronco Wagon at a rummage sale. I believe this is called a 170? It has 25,000 Original miles. I am still very new to the whole bronco scene but i was hoping to get some insight. My Bronco has no rear seat, bench seat, radio, came with a plow and the straight 6 motor. The original jack is still in the wheel well. I purchased it from the original owner, they purchased it to use on their property until the father had passed away. During the rummage sale they had two of his vehicles for sale along with everything in his house out in the garage. Im hoping to learn a bit more about this bronco, as i would love to tune it up and get it going. I work on DeLorean cars so seeing the amount of room in the front is quite cool! I have a carter carb on it, but does anyone recommend brands to use? I was thinking all NGK for the ignition? As far as carb i know it is a carter but unsure of the model at this point. I appreciate everyone's insight!

Ford Bronco 1968 Rummage Sale Find BRONCO2

Ford Bronco 1968 Rummage Sale Find BRONCO1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome find. I'm amazed at the condition as your location indicates Wisconsin and there is only a small patch of rust on the passenger side.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone. My name is Nick. recently I have purchased a 1968 Bronco Wagon at a rummage sale. I am still very new to the whole bronco scene but i was hoping to get some insight. My Bronco has no rear seat, bench seat, radio, came with a plow and the straight 6 motor. The original jack is still in the wheel well. I purchased it from the original owner, they purchased it to use on their property until the father had passed away. During the rummage sale they had two of his vehicles for sale along with everything in his house out in the garage. Im hoping to learn a bit more about this bronco, as i would love to tune it up and get it going. I work on DeLorean cars so seeing the amount of room in the front is quite cool! I have a carter carb on it, but does anyone recommend brands to use? I was thinking all NGK for the ignition? As far as carb i know it is a carter but unsure of the model at this point. I appreciate everyone's insight!

Cool project. I had good luck with Holley Truck Avenger carb, which is designed to function on extreme slope. But I only used on V8s.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
25k miles? sure it's not rolled a few times?

Looks good enough to have been garage kept

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You really need to head over to classicbroncos.com to get information on this great find of yours. I find out everything I need to know and more for my 72 over there.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, that looks awesome. Nice find

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
25k miles? sure it's not rolled a few times?

Looks good enough to have been garage kept
with the plow on fron it probably has another 25K in reverse.

Very Nice Find !!!
Sponsored