Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

@TheFuzzyBunny doing the Ford's work out there! Thank you so much!

@Ruggles I really appreciate the pics!

This thread's got me like:
giphy - 2021-01-10T181700.489.gif

OBX... *shots fired*
OBX and "shots fired" is appropriate. You know, North Carolina and pirates and all.

Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

OP
TheFuzzyBunny

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Clubs

Can you give a bit more of the driving review? I noticed you were in 4A. Were the streets slippery due to weather? Turn radius? Acceleration through turns, braking distance/responsiveness. You are 6'2" and looked a little cramped. Were the seats all the way back?
Driving was fine, good pickup, smooth ride. Driver had it in sport mode for most of it. I wasn't watching what mode he was in though at all times.

My seat wasn't all the way back, it was about midway. It never felt cramped, and I could have gone MUCH further back if I had wanted to.

OP
TheFuzzyBunny

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Clubs

Nice, thanks for this! I’ve been hunting for a 5G & 6G size comparison. Super helpful thank you.

I had a 85’ back in the day, stoked to be headed back to my 2D Ford roots.

Any chance your buddy would be willing to bust out some tools and remove the rear seats? Pretty please, I’d personally send you both a bottle of Rye to say thanks. 😎 Pics of a 2D with the seats removed would crack 6G.com in half.

PEACE.
Zero chance. I did fold them up though, to check the space, then climbed in. I was able to sit easily in the back, and we could have closed the tailgate. Doubt I would have liked sleeping back there, but you "COULD" it would have just been cramped, un leveled, and sucked.

OP
TheFuzzyBunny

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Clubs

This Black Diamond was never just sitting in a parking lot. My friend works for a company that does regular test driving. He was able to get one for the weekend. We took it for a drive yesterday and today, sadly he has to return it Monday.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The question I have is regarding the cup holders. I like the horizontal orientation a a lot. But I have wondered if my cup might get in the way when I am trying to shift gears. When I look at this picture here, and see the coffee cup in the passenger side slot, that really makes me wonder.

So my question.. whose cup is that exactly? the driver’s or passenger’s?

40780599-D5A9-44CB-8DFF-C5FAFA5089A6.jpeg
I just measured my 2018 2door Rubicon. Bronco is about 2" wider.

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
wow thanks so much. that overal height with rack was super helpful. The Bronco is f-ing short. Ford advertises that BD as 73" with soft top. And that shows shorter than 73" with a MIC which I figured would increase the height over the soft top. I shouldn't have any issues with my BL build with rails and adding a 2-3" lift fitting in my garage.
If my jeep is anything similar, the soft top will be a little taller. It needs bows to hold its shape, and they have to be above the roll cage. The hard top can sit just right over the cage and be flat (no bow needed). So the soft top ends up being a bit taller.

Desert_6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

If my jeep is anything similar, the soft top will be a little taller. It needs bows to hold its shape, and they have to be above the roll cage. The hard top can sit just right over the cage and be flat (no bow needed). So the soft top ends up being a bit taller.
I always thought the opposite of that. but now I feel confident on adding a lift to it and still being able to garage store it.

Advertisement

Advertisement