Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you give a bit more of the driving review? I noticed you were in 4A. Were the streets slippery due to weather? Turn radius? Acceleration through turns, braking distance/responsiveness. You are 6'2" and looked a little cramped. Were the seats all the way back?
Driving was fine, good pickup, smooth ride. Driver had it in sport mode for most of it. I wasn't watching what mode he was in though at all times.

My seat wasn't all the way back, it was about midway. It never felt cramped, and I could have gone MUCH further back if I had wanted to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheFuzzyBunny

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, thanks for this! I’ve been hunting for a 5G & 6G size comparison. Super helpful thank you.

I had a 85’ back in the day, stoked to be headed back to my 2D Ford roots.

Any chance your buddy would be willing to bust out some tools and remove the rear seats? Pretty please, I’d personally send you both a bottle of Rye to say thanks. ? Pics of a 2D with the seats removed would crack 6G.com in half.

PEACE.
Zero chance. I did fold them up though, to check the space, then climbed in. I was able to sit easily in the back, and we could have closed the tailgate. Doubt I would have liked sleeping back there, but you "COULD" it would have just been cramped, un leveled, and sucked.

OP
OP
TheFuzzyBunny

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This Black Diamond was never just sitting in a parking lot. My friend works for a company that does regular test driving. He was able to get one for the weekend. We took it for a drive yesterday and today, sadly he has to return it Monday.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question I have is regarding the cup holders. I like the horizontal orientation a a lot. But I have wondered if my cup might get in the way when I am trying to shift gears. When I look at this picture here, and see the coffee cup in the passenger side slot, that really makes me wonder.

So my question.. whose cup is that exactly? the driver’s or passenger’s?

40780599-D5A9-44CB-8DFF-C5FAFA5089A6.jpeg
I just measured my 2018 2door Rubicon. Bronco is about 2" wider.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice comparison pics

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, by about 4 inches. My buddy rode in the back, he's just over 6 foot 2, sitting behind me, and I'm 6 foot 2, and he had plenty of room for his knees.
Any pictures of this happening? Love to see it. That’s my biggest concern because my boy is destined to be tall.

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wow thanks so much. that overal height with rack was super helpful. The Bronco is f-ing short. Ford advertises that BD as 73" with soft top. And that shows shorter than 73" with a MIC which I figured would increase the height over the soft top. I shouldn't have any issues with my BL build with rails and adding a 2-3" lift fitting in my garage.
If my jeep is anything similar, the soft top will be a little taller. It needs bows to hold its shape, and they have to be above the roll cage. The hard top can sit just right over the cage and be flat (no bow needed). So the soft top ends up being a bit taller.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my jeep is anything similar, the soft top will be a little taller. It needs bows to hold its shape, and they have to be above the roll cage. The hard top can sit just right over the cage and be flat (no bow needed). So the soft top ends up being a bit taller.
I always thought the opposite of that. but now I feel confident on adding a lift to it and still being able to garage store it.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mind stating what the length is of the 2021 from side mirror to side mirror? Trying to see if it’ll fit in my one car garage

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A
Seats were in a pretty middle area, not all the way front or back on either. We did not measure the seat height, but climbing in felt to be about the same into the front for both.
As a current owner of a ‘96, I was never expecting the 6G to have anywhere near the same room, with the 5G being an F150 with a short bed. But I think Ford did a great job finding a balance between 1G and 5G. I’m 5’11”, so no issues for me.

thanks a bunch to the OP for the great photos. THATS how you use a tape measure!
Sponsored