Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About three years ago my wife (girlfriend at the time) was diagnosed with cancer and the world around us came to a screeching halt. At the time we had a 1986 Bronco that we bought to work on together (yes she is a car girl). At that time she sold the bronco that she had the Bronco just a short time before to cover the bills that came with the cancer. During that time Ford announced that the Bronco was coming out again. And this is where the story starts.

During the worst time in her fight I promised to her 2 wishes come true. One, I promised Jill we would get a Bronco and to keep an eye on any information coming out about it. This gave her something to focus on other then the her slow deterioration to what I honestly though was going to take a turn for the worse. The second item was to do YouTube with working on the vehicle together. When the Bronco was revealed and reservations opened we stayed up all night until we got threw. What was our build? A Badlands, Sas, Lux, leather, tow, MIC in Cactus Grey.

So were does the big Bend come into play? Well, after trying our hands at getting a Black Diamond Soft and 2.7 only and still not successful at winning the Scheduled Built lottery. We drove to the nearest Ford dealership to test drive the Demo Badlands. This is were the Big Bend comes in. This 2.3, manual, soft, Carbonized Grey Big Bend was sitting there looking lonely. After we talked to the dealer we found out that the original customer declined to purchase it and there it sat. So we toke it for a drive. The minute we got it on the road we said we will take it.

This is when the first Bronco Build of 1Five1 Garage began.

As far as Jill, she is 100% cancer free after a long fight that took a lot out of her, as picture shows. We got married during her fight and are currently planning our honeymoon that has been postponed for 2 years due to recovery and covid. Where to, you might ask? Bronco Off-Roadeo of course, and side trip to Bonneville Salt Flats. By her request. I told you she was a car girl.

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_4181

As far as the Badlands and Black Diamond? to be continued:

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_9826

Modifications will be linked below in separate tabs as we continue the build.

Post #5 has the items Jill and I have done and links to the videos doing so. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did making them.

lets try this again. Sorry for spamming. it was not my intent.

So far mods on the Big Bend. All mods will be links to a video of the install process.

Front Bumper From 4WP

Winch Mount From 4WP

Skid Plate From 4WP

Warn Winch

Warn Fairlead

Factor 55 Winch End

Painted the silver that shows through the grill.

Winch Kill Switch

RedLine Tuning Hood Struts

Cowl Light Mounts From Body Guard

Stubby Antenna

2" Rough Country Lift Spares
Front
Rear

KMC KM545 17x9 +18mm offset & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 315x70x17

Grab Handles from Race Tech

Bimini From Ford Accessories

Spare Tire Relocation Bracket From 4WP

Tailgate Table From Ford Accessories

I will be adding posts with pictures and video links as new mods are added.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have seen your videos as they role out for a while now. Lots to share and lots of install tips for sure. Looking forward to see your other broncos coming and their builds as well :cool: ✌

Last edited by a moderator:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tell your wife, "CONGRATULATIONS!" on being cancer free. My wife has been cancer free for 25 years. I love the Bronze wheels on the Bronco. I think they can go with almost any color. Mine is Rapid Red with the KMC "Dirty Harry's".

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell your wife, "CONGRATULATIONS!" on being cancer free. My wife has been cancer free for 25 years. I love the Bronze wheels on the Bronco. I think they can go with almost any color. Mine is Rapid Red with the KMC "Dirty Harry's".
Thanks and Gratz to you wife too. It took a lot out of her for sure. I was scared around when the picture was taken. I woke up every 2 hours to take care of her at that time. Now it’s time to make up for lost time.

Dirty Harry was the next option. But when the KM545s were off backorder status I picked those up.

76FordBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad Jill is cancer free! Prayers that is doesn’t return.
I have been watching and enjoying the videos for about a month now. Glad to see you post yalls story and built details here!

Sponsored
OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad Jill is cancer free! Prayers that is doesn’t return.
I have been watching and enjoying the videos for about a month now. Glad to see you post yalls story and built details here!
Glad you found our channel. How we make it at least a little entertaining. We are tying to get better with documenting the builds and Jill will start doing more of the work as her strength get better. She really enjoys it.

as far as it returning... I personally worry about that every day. She is under a strict Dr. visit every 3 months and soon to be 6 months due to the how aggressive her cancer was. Time wise... from diagnoses to first treatment was 2 days.

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 BRONCO END OF YEAR MOD REVIEW. HITS AND MISSES.

Why would anyone modify a vehicle? The answer to that question is rivaled only to the people modifying them in the first place. Simple answer is to make it truly your vehicle. From rock crawling to mall crawling, from the sub 7 second quarter mile to the 2 hours spent on a 10-mile commute, every modification is for the owner's own reason but has the same outcome. To make it theirs.

The Ford Bronco was one of the most anticipated vehicles to come out in 2021. With delays due to parts shortages from the result Covid 19 and the manufacturing issues with the MIC tops only adding to the anticipation. While the aftermarket modifications were extremely limited as the 2021 Bronco came out due the limited resource for the R&D department of the Companies interested in getting in on the upcoming Bronco, that did stop some from doing whatever they could to get one. This goes for the customers as well.

The day we reserved our Badlands, Jill and I started talking about what we would do with it and what we would do to modify it. While we have not received our Badlands yet, we did purchase a Big Bend. The day we drove it home started the process of modifying it.

While this is not the end of the modifications, we figured we would go through the modifications we performed on the big bend so far and tell you how we like them so far.

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally wired up the KC lights.

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_9918

overhead panel above the drivers visor works perfectly
Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_9919

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_9920

regular lights
Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_8076

high beams
Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_8077

kc lights (spotlights cow mounted)
Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_8078

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 BRONCO GETS SOME COWL MOUNTED LIGHTS FROM KC HILITES. LET THERE BE LIGHT...

Whether you are ready to light up the trails for a late-night run or the mall parking lots for the early morning shopping adventure, KC Hilites is there for you. These Gravity LED Pro6 Spotlights were nearly melting the paint on the door of the house at the end of the road. (Sorry to the neighbor)

These are 6” cowl mounted spotlights from KC HiLites were attached to the cowl bracket from Bodyguard and wired directly in using supplied hardware and diagram. We have to say these are the first set of many that will be installed on this Bronco. We were extremely happy with the outcome. We can only imagine what it will be like with the set of 6 roof mounted and a pair of bull bar mounted lights that will add to the brightness.

KC Lites have been around a long time and everybody knows them, which was the deciding factor of us getting them. Their designs mixed new tech with old school look. Plus, the options are numerous which is great.

Please like, subscribe, hit the bell, leave a comment, and share. Thanks for watching!

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though we currently have two different style BAMs on order we went ahead and purchased a TAP to fill the gap until the others arrive. This replaces the DIY mount we had made and will allow at least two of our cameras to be installed at once. One facing the front and one facing inside.

This product's design and construction are top notch. The picatinny system allows us to fine tune the placement of our equipment to whatever we are doing. This also allows us to quickly change the cameras with numerous mounts available from other manufacturers due to the picatinny design.

Definitely better then the single item mount we had before.

@EIGHTLUG

Sponsored
OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 BRONCO GETS ANOTHER SET OF KC HILITES VIA FOG LIGHT SWITCH. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Stock fog lights not up to par? We got you! KC Hi Lites will brighten any path you take, road you travel, and unfortunately, blind anyone & anything looking directly at them.

When we removed the stock lights, we kept the original wiring harness. This is important for our install because we ended up wiring up the KC harness to the stock harness and was able to use the original switch in the car. No faults were tripped, no codes were lit up on the dash - why - because we went into the stock harness.

We mounted the lights to the bull bar using clamps we got off Amazon (link insert here) and even though China has a reputation of having cheap quality stuff, this was actually pretty good. We bolted them on, wired them up (we wrapped the whole harness we made with electrical tape, then did a covering with the netting, to make it appear factory. We zip tied the wires to the bar, tucked it under the winch, and zip tied the harness along the inside of the bumper and plugged the STOCK pigtail into its ORIGINAL plug.

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_0096

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_0097

Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_0094

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

opened up all 8 goats modes today. Real simple process. first time using it.
Ford Bronco 1Five1 Garage's Big Bend Build IMG_0133

we tried following a couple videos and tried to make it clear on what needs to be done. hope this helps others.

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after getting the BAM we are ecstatic to install it and start using it. Thanks to @EIGHTLUG for a bad ass product.

OP
OP
1Five1 Garage

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my wife wanted to do the video all on her own...

Sponsored