First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you opt for the headliner? Doubt it does much for insulation or noise reduction, but I’m hoping thst it minimizes echo within the cab.

And the one I have specced out at the dealer is essentially the same as yours… I considered it the best “city spec,” since the narrower tires, shorter length, and steel bumpers will all be favorable for street parking. Plus, who would want to steal steel wheels?
I did, it has the carpet/insulation
Sponsored

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I do love the comfort of the truck but I am concerned those MGV seats are going to extort their pound of flesh (or sweat) come summertime.
my thought would be to get some nice high quality cloth seat covers (which I would do with ANY convertible)

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you. I wouldn't have purchased a 4 door or auto trans truck. Not that there is anything wrong with them but part of the draw of the Bronco to me is the working simplicity of it.-From your sister state
Fellow sister state Black Diamond holder. Glad you are enjoying the ride. I had to add an amp and the stinger sub box to the back as the audio was terrible. I find it impressive now.

Ford Bronco 1k mile new owner worthless observations 1678389199473

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
All Broncos turn my head- from Base with steelies to the fully loaded Wild Tracks or First Editions. We buy what suits us and what we can afford. I got a Basesquatch with 2.7. While it's only a "base" it certainly does not feel "base". It has everything we need (and then some actually). And jeez, it is the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and will purchase. I think you get a lot for the price though in today's times and super high prices.

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just turned 1000 miles in the 2023 2.3L manual trans 2 dr hardtop Black Diamond so thought I would give my impressions, observations and otherwise worthless contributions.

1.) Since it is a poverty trim there is a complete lack of beeping, buzzing and other annoying noises. It is so refreshing to get into a vehicle without getting overwhelmed with panic bells and beeps. The climate control is simple and does exactly what I need it to do, push a button, turn a knob

2)The ride is much better than what I would have expected. Two trips over 7 hours and does not leave me fatigued or in agony when it is over

3) plays to the weakness of #2. Touch the brakes and you are rewarded with a harder dive than a Triple Lindy. This thing loves to give you quick glances of the road in front of you without a camera

4) Windshield wipers....they have a mind of their own. Set them to low speed and they will magically start behaving like you set them to a delay setting, quite frustrating during a decent rain.

5) Almost complete lack of ambient light (maybe that is different in higher trims). I just bought a little usb led light off scamazon and it suits my purposes

6) Wind noise on the highway. This is the loudest vehicle on the highway I have ever owned, and that includes comparison to my 69 mustang convertible. It literally sounds like a whiffle ball in a tornado. The hard top is the insulated version and I expected it to be a little less obnoxious. I can hear better while blowdrying my hair

7) Fuel economy, better than I expected. I am averaging a combined 19.3 mpg for the 1068 miles currently on it. It really likes the 23-2400 rpm range on the highway, higher or lower drops the economy

8)Power, the 2.3 has more than enough power to suit my needs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness and fun from this truck which is getting even more so as I learn its nuances. I have many muscle cars, some over 700 hp and I do not feel this thing is underpowered. Overall very happy with the truck but will look into making it a bit less hurricane like on the highway and need to get a sub installed and hooked up>

Brake dive and power. 👍

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just turned 1000 miles in the 2023 2.3L manual trans 2 dr hardtop Black Diamond so thought I would give my impressions, observations and otherwise worthless contributions.

1.) Since it is a poverty trim there is a complete lack of beeping, buzzing and other annoying noises. It is so refreshing to get into a vehicle without getting overwhelmed with panic bells and beeps. The climate control is simple and does exactly what I need it to do, push a button, turn a knob

2)The ride is much better than what I would have expected. Two trips over 7 hours and does not leave me fatigued or in agony when it is over

3) plays to the weakness of #2. Touch the brakes and you are rewarded with a harder dive than a Triple Lindy. This thing loves to give you quick glances of the road in front of you without a camera

4) Windshield wipers....they have a mind of their own. Set them to low speed and they will magically start behaving like you set them to a delay setting, quite frustrating during a decent rain.

5) Almost complete lack of ambient light (maybe that is different in higher trims). I just bought a little usb led light off scamazon and it suits my purposes

6) Wind noise on the highway. This is the loudest vehicle on the highway I have ever owned, and that includes comparison to my 69 mustang convertible. It literally sounds like a whiffle ball in a tornado. The hard top is the insulated version and I expected it to be a little less obnoxious. I can hear better while blowdrying my hair

7) Fuel economy, better than I expected. I am averaging a combined 19.3 mpg for the 1068 miles currently on it. It really likes the 23-2400 rpm range on the highway, higher or lower drops the economy

8)Power, the 2.3 has more than enough power to suit my needs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness and fun from this truck which is getting even more so as I learn its nuances. I have many muscle cars, some over 700 hp and I do not feel this thing is underpowered. Overall very happy with the truck but will look into making it a bit less hurricane like on the highway and need to get a sub installed and hooked up>

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:!! Love the “Poverty Trim” comment, true comedy there.

Yeah, it’s loud, but that’s what the stereo is for. I listen to more than a fair amount of hard, classic rock, so that’s mostly what I hear. The wind tunnel effect reminds me that it’s an Off-Roader and not some pansy basic crossover.

Whether a poverty or rich boi trim, ride is the same on road and equally capable off-road, so there you have it, equalities n shit. 😏

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good stuff. I've had some overlapping experiences with my 2-door "basemansquatch"

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Wow, I have a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak and am approaching 1000 miles. I think this Bronco is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I really am enjoying mine. I know the Wildtrak is just below the Raptor model but the price is substantially lower.

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, I have a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak and am approaching 1000 miles. I think this Bronco is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I really am enjoying mine. I know the Wildtrak is just below the Raptor model but the price is substantially lower.
Wow? I wouldn’t want either of the models you listed, neither are available with a manual

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the topic of Ambient Lights. I have a BD with the MID package which has blue footwell lighting. Well it's supposed to, it works when I turn it on, then I shut the truck off. Next time I start it up, back to off in the settings. So weird, nearly 18k miles and its been like this forever. I don't really care but it's weird.

To all your other points, yep agreed

You can change it so that the ambient lighting's on at all times in the settings, but I'm sure you've tried that already

Sponsored

x686gofast

Black Diamond
First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered my unit July of 2020, just got it Feb 14th, 2023. Happy Valentines! Anyway, got lucky and did get what I ordered, 2 door, Black Diamond, Sasquatch 2.3L manual. Overall very happy with it, not too noisy to me (different tires?) but just got out of a 2017 Mustang plain Jane ecoboost manual (will miss her) that was pretty noisy.

HATE HATE HATE the wipers and the electric park brake. Talk about keeping it simple, let's have a handle or pedal please. 78 Chevy C10 has better wipers!

Great idea on the interior light, thank you.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquach yes noisey at highway speeds and stereo is crap, but if it's noisy a good stereo won't help still can't get enough of it especially off road 😍

TNBRONCO2022

Black Diamond
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Supcrew 2014 Mecedes ML550 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great write up! The insulated hard top is really only lined with carpet meant to lesson interior sound bouncing around. I’m pleased with highway speed with ST below 72mph.
I agree 70 is manageable, 80+ is obnoxious.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It literally sounds like a whiffle ball in a tornado.
This is my favorite bronco analogy now. I am going to use it when describing my hard top noise to friends who are not yet indoctrinated in the way of Bronco. Thank you :)

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Glad u like it; hope your manual tranny doesn't end up with the TSB fix like mine, otherwise, we're very happy, with ours (except tranny issue)>
Sponsored