Sponsored

1k miles and back to the dealer she goes - multiple warnings: Hill Assist Fault, Anti-Lock Brake Fault, etc.

Scooter Trash

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like your not the only one having this issue I have seen other posts on this site with this same issue. Wonder if it’s a bad sensor or something.
Contact your dealer again. They should be aware of a pin fit issue in a wire harness connector that causes multiple issues. My Bronco had the same messages as yours. It also causes brake light malfunctions.
Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
300 miles in and today I got the Hill Start Assist warning but that was the only one. FordPass app showed a Vehicle Alert for it as well. But after restarting the car there are no active alerts. Gremlin or be on the lookout for a sensor failure?

BigD

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Contact your dealer again. They should be aware of a pin fit issue in a wire harness connector that causes multiple issues. My Bronco had the same messages as yours. It also causes brake light malfunctions.
I have the same issue with the multiple sensor failure. Do you have recommendations to fix? Where exactly is the pin fit issue? Is it something we can reconnect or check the connection?

Thanks!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the same issue with the multiple sensor failure. Do you have recommendations to fix? Where exactly is the pin fit issue? Is it something we can reconnect or check the connection?

Thanks!
I'm not sure, but maybe he's talking about the one behind the glove box that connects the whatchamacallit control module.

Karter01

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 KR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just started happening on mine. 1900 miles and started throwing lights last night. Turn off and back on- all gone. Then drive some more and everything comes back.

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happened to me about two weeks ago, only got the Hill Start Assist warning. Dealer said see if it happens again…and then yesterday I got a flurry of 3 or 4 warnings on the cluster (nothing in the app) but they all cleared after restart. Dealer thinks “it’s all the modules learning to talk to each other” and didn't seem too concerned, said keep driving it. There are a few threads where people have had similar warnings, no common theme that I can see. Could be “computers”, could be a loose ABS sensor or ground wire, something with taking off doors. I don’t know but it's disconcerting even though it's driving fine and nothing seems wrong.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just started happening on mine. 1900 miles and started throwing lights last night. Turn off and back on- all gone. Then drive some more and everything comes back.
FYI - I had a very similar experience this past weekend while at my first offroad event at Ol' Florida. After working flawlessly up until that point (+/- 1,900 miles), my Badlands "coded" while on a mid level trail. Honestly, I don't recall how many alerts I received: staybar disconnnect, hill climb assist, pre-collision assist, antilock brake, cruise alert, goat modes no longer worked, etc. It was almost like the system got overwhelmed from the sheer amount of use that occurred up until that point and hit the panic button.

Thankfully, I was recovered and limped out to try to figure out what just happened. Over the next few hours, while letting the Bronco rest, the number of alerts reduced. By the next day, none of the alerts were popping up again. I tested the Bronco the next day and thankfully all systems were again functional.

Hopefully, this was a one time experience where the different drivetrain systems and technological features had to figure out how to become compatible. But, if not, and this happens again, I will post an update.

Jed75

Black Diamond
First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before heading out of town we had cold temps and snow (happens to be when I took my profile pic). I had fun using 4WD and playing around in some snow drifts. Parked it at home and then went out of town for a week. The warnings/faults have been on and off since then. I noticed the warning coming on after some heavier rain and/or snowy/wet road conditions. They're always the same alerts as you see in my phone screenshot. When they come on, cruise control doesn't work and neither do the GOAT modes. At times, they've persisted for days and the only way to clear them is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. The dealership says the diagnostic testing will take at least half a day. I haven't had time to get there, and since they haven't heard about this issue happening, I'm concerned about the car being there for a day and them not being able to diagnose and fix this annoyance.

Has anyone had this issue resolved? I'd like to have this information to feed the dealership to hopefully help maximize the chance of getting this resolved "fast". Thanks!

462385-512b9c16f61acdc8f03e912001c73dac.png

IMG_4602.png

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before heading out of town we had cold temps and snow (happens to be when I took my profile pic). I had fun using 4WD and playing around in some snow drifts. Parked it at home and then went out of town for a week. The warnings/faults have been on and off since then. I noticed the warning coming on after some heavier rain and/or snowy/wet road conditions. They're always the same alerts as you see in my phone screenshot. When they come on, cruise control doesn't work and neither do the GOAT modes. At times, they've persisted for days and the only way to clear them is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. The dealership says the diagnostic testing will take at least half a day. I haven't had time to get there, and since they haven't heard about this issue happening, I'm concerned about the car being there for a day and them not being able to diagnose and fix this annoyance.

Has anyone had this issue resolved? I'd like to have this information to feed the dealership to hopefully help maximize the chance of getting this resolved "fast". Thanks!

Ford Bronco 1k miles and back to the dealer she goes - multiple warnings: Hill Assist Fault, Anti-Lock Brake Fault, etc. IMG_4602

Ford Bronco 1k miles and back to the dealer she goes - multiple warnings: Hill Assist Fault, Anti-Lock Brake Fault, etc. IMG_4602
Hi Jed! I can look into your Bronco's error message concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had similar warnings and it happened to be that the wheel speed sensors were loose. The dealer had my vehicle for 10 days until I finally told them to look at the speed sensors. Sure enough that is what is was. They charged me $189 for "diagnostics"!. Pissed me off considering I told them what the issue was. They should have paid me!

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had similar warnings and it happened to be that the wheel speed sensors were loose. The dealer had my vehicle for 10 days until I finally told them to look at the speed sensors. Sure enough that is what is was. They charged me $189 for "diagnostics"!. Pissed me off considering I told them what the issue was. They should have paid me!
How do they charge you for a warranty repair? Or was it out of warranty?

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do they charge you for a warranty repair? Or was it out of warranty?
They claimed that it was not a warranty issue. Basically a loose connection from the factory does not fall under the factory warranty. Obviously them spending 10 days with my vehicle and a total of 1 minute to plug in a sensor was worth the $189. Needless to say, I am going to another dealership going forward.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They claimed that it was not a warranty issue. Basically a loose connection from the factory does not fall under the factory warranty. Obviously them spending 10 days with my vehicle and a total of 1 minute to plug in a sensor was worth the $189. Needless to say, I am going to another dealership going forward.
That is 500% bullshit. I had loose connections in my bronco and it was a warranty repair without issue. The whole point of the warranty is to cover issues including those where the car was not properly manufactured, as in your case.

I would call them, give them an opportunity to credit you, and if they don’t I would charge them back on your credit card. Let them fight it with the bank. If you aren’t going back to them anyway, let them spend the time dealing with this.

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is 500% bullshit. I had loose connections in my bronco and it was a warranty repair without issue. The whole point of the warranty is to cover issues including those where the car was not properly manufactured, as in your case.

I would call them, give them an opportunity to credit you, and if they don’t I would charge them back on your credit card. Let them fight it with the bank. If you aren’t going back to them anyway, let them spend the time dealing with this.
I agree with you 100%. I do have King shocks on the it and they were claiming that because I was not 100% stock, that putting those on could have caused the sensors to be disconnected. Which, as you know, is a complete BS statement. I put the shocks on and know I was no where near those sensors. I like your idea of challenging the charge on the credit card. Had not thought about that. I did leave them very negative feedback on the customer feedback form as I checked out and paid the fee. I also left them negative feedback on their email survey. Never heard a peep out of them concerning either of those feedback surveys. I kind of looked at it as I just paid $189 to learn a hard lesson on this dealership.
Sponsored