Sponsored

$1k to Lower Priority Code and Get Delivery Sooner?

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I dropped by my dealer yesterday to tweak my April 2021 order a bit to try and avoid some constraints and actually get my Bronco one day this year. Anyway, that was done without a hitch with my salesman--no complaints there at all.

Then, towards the end I was introduced to another dude (not a salesman but listed on the order sheet in the top left corner) and was told he "has the power to move you up or down the wait list". He said he would drop my priority code from 19 to 10 for +$1,000.

Needless to say this was a huge turnoff and really detracted from the otherwise good experience I had been having with the dealer.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Besides that, this is total BS right? I understood priority codes 10 through 19 to be basically equivalent. If not, then what the hell is this dealer doing selling a 'cut in line'?
Sponsored

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you haven't read this article... it's worth your time. Lots of shenanigans going on. As someone else summarized -
"With the Bronco, Ford said only half of its shipments would be routed based on online reservations; another quarter would be sent based on the location of the dealerships, with larger markets getting priority, and the final 25% would be sent based on historic volume of sales, with bigger, busier stores taking precedent... Ford also has loosened rules about how closely dealers have to stick to the reservation line. At first, the company required that 80% of new Broncos be matched to a name on the digital order list, according to several dealers; today that’s just 60%. So four out of 10 new Broncos can go to a walk-in customer or the highest bidder."

https://www.bloombergquint.com/amp/business/ford-keeps-bronco-customers-waiting-for-red-hot-suv

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unless something changed, it makes no difference if you're a 10 or 19 with the Bronco, Ford selects what they can build yet if they want to ship one to that dealer allocation. If they can build your 19 but not the 10 of the next guy, they'll build your 19.

Sounds like a total scam to me, I'd actually be tempted to report that to Ford. Did he also offer you a good deal on a bridge?

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd go with total bullshit.

Sure, he could make you a priority code 10 and the rest of his orders a 19. Which as far as I could figure should put you ahead of the rest of his orders (I emphasize should as I don't know for certain). But that'll only put you slightly ahead of that dealerships orders, not factoring in timestamps.

And I'd bet that timestamp still plays a roll, as well as constraints. So in the end, I highly doubt it would do anything for you.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a scam. Really.

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Complete horseshit - these lowlife asswipes continue preying on buyer desperation. This is just another tactic.

In short, this is the 143rd data point which suggests that the mercenary dealership business model needs to be taken out behind the barn and have its throat slashed.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone else seen this behavior? Besides that, this is total BS right? I understood priority codes 10 through 19 to be basically equivalent. If not, then what the hell is this dealer doing selling a 'cut in line'?
I haven't seen. Like you, I understood them to be equivalent...that said I saw some claims it affected priority among orders with a specific dealer, but I also saw claims that reservation date stamp overrides that. Now I just an order I don't know what if any effect.

My dealer said..... (which may mean nothing) that priority code between 10 and 19 they can set it but ford resets it. That fundamentally there is three categories of build, priority builds which are less than 10 which only very special people get and dealer can't set. Then normal builds that are between 10 and 19 inclusive and then the do not build 99. My dealer said....
Sponsored