Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was a union job.
If you are anti-union, the Bronco is not for you.
it is the union-est of union plants this side of the F-150.

I am getting one in part because it is union made by my neighbors in SE Michigan.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heads up to the VA folks. West Point VA Ford has this Wildtrak in their inventory. Could just be one of the regularly discussed customerā€™s build showing up as ā€œinventoryā€. I was hoping itā€™s a mannequin I could take a look at. If anyone is closer, let us know.
Ford Bronco 1st Demo Bronco showed up today! 5F39FE73-CAF7-4A68-854A-66503295C173

OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely will.
All demos will have accessories. Once they arrive at the dealership. Some dealers will put it on the floor and will just be to look at. Others will allow test drives.

We are only offering test drives to our current order holders. At least at this time.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All demos will have accessories. Once they arrive at the dealership. Some dealers will put it on the floor and will just be to look at. Others will allow test drives.

We are only offering test drives to our current order holders. At least at this time.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, someone will have a unit here in OK to test drive. My dealer told me that they are required to add 4k in accessories.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, someone will have a unit here in OK to test drive. My dealer told me that they are required to add 4k in accessories.
That is probably correct. Iā€™m not sure if the dollar amount but all demos where chosen by ford dealers had no say in what they were getting. That also includes the accessories.

This unit will be getting a rack, recovery boards with carrying rack, pod lights and winch.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This unit will be getting a rack, recovery boards with carrying rack, pod lights and winch.
that's all nice, but how is driving it around? Can't wait for your impressions and video/photos.

My dealer also said they'll schedule drives for reservation holders only, makes sense in a way, otherwise they'd probably have a line around the block and thousand of miles on it before they can sell it. Anyone really interested in buying can make a reservation, it's refundable. Should keep the crowds under control.

I'm looking forward to my test drive, their rigs will be there before mine gets built.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are anti-union, the Bronco is not for you.
it is the union-est of union plants this side of the F-150.

I am getting one in part because it is union made by my neighbors in SE Michigan.
Right, I don't give a flying f*%k about the UAW and the criminals that run it and profit off the backs of hard working people. Feel free to like criminals. It's your life.

OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's all nice, but how is driving it around? Can't wait for your impressions and video/photos.

My dealer also said they'll schedule drives for reservation holders only, makes sense in a way, otherwise they'd probably have a line around the block and thousand of miles on it before they can sell it. Anyone really interested in buying can make a reservation, it's refundable. Should keep the crowds under control.

I'm looking forward to my test drive, their rigs will be there before mine gets built.

I was able to drive it for a couple of days. I was impressed for the most part! And even more excited for my own build! Which is tomorrow! Handling on the pavement with the 35ā€ tires was good to greatā€¦dry pavement. Itā€™s raining now so tomorrow drive to work might be wet. Road noise was minimal. Wind noise was louder than expected but not to the point that was concerning. Was able to have a normal conversation. Lots of roundabouts in my town, handled well. The body roll was unnoticeable.

I can confirm a 4 door is needed if you have more than 1 passenger especially kids in car seats. Pain in the ass getting my daughter in and out! But everyone knows that, just confirming it.

Was able to take front panels off for a little while today, not extremely loud was actually impressed. No decibel readings just my own observations.

All in all it was a smooth ride. Pick up was very very good, driving the 2.7. The 2.3 should be plenty, but again just an assumption as I have not driven it on this platform, only in the ranger, explorer, and mustang.

Vision looking out is plenty and looking over the wide hood is just awesome! The trail sights look great from the inside.

Not sure if itā€™s this particular side view mirror but a slight whistling sound. And if I really think about it it was only on drivers side, probably something with the mirror itself.

The cloth in the big bend is nice and seems like it will clean well.

1 negative I noticed right way is that hand marks or finger marks were easily left on dash surfaces. Figured since itā€™s built ā€œwildā€ and to get dirty that smidge marks would not be as easy or noticeable. Not a deal breaker but annoying I guess.

The way the rear seats in the 2 door fold down is nice. Bottom cushion folds up and forward then the rear seats folds down. Nice touch.

Sound deadening looks better than original post. However the look of the hard top inside could have been finished differently/better? Looks unfinished. Itā€™s smooth but can see the fibers of the mold if that makes sense. But again itā€™s in the back and wonā€™t be looking at it much. Iā€™ve never paid attention to jeep hard tops interior finish could be normal idk?

I know the transmission was a big topic, having personally owned the explorer, and currently a f150 2.7 10sd the shifting was not jerky or sluggish. Power throughout all gears and shift points were smooth. The explorer I used to own was terrible at downshifting and my f150 has had the transmission ā€œreprogrammedā€ 2x and it still feels sluggish between 3 and 4 at certain times. This had no noticeable shift issues, up shifting or down.

Sorry no good videos driving to post.

Itā€™s big and wide! Compares to my truck and expedition! See my picture earlier in this thread. Looks great. Again nothing but impressed. A few annoyances but nothing alarming.

Audio is sub par but I think itā€™s to be expected. 1 thing I will be upgrading.

Sorry reviews are not my strong point! Product knowledge yes, excitement to own one yes!!

I believe everyone will be happy with their purchases!

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The car seat thing - if the kid is small enough for rear facing, the car seats that have a detachable base that stays strapped in is a life saver for 2 doors. Once we got that it didn't bother me at all.

The exposed fibers - I wonder if some sort of vinyl dress up kit might become available? Or maybe plastidip, bedliner, etc.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was able to drive it for a couple of days. I was impressed for the most part! And even more excited for my own build! Which is tomorrow! Handling on the pavement with the 35ā€ tires was good to greatā€¦dry pavement. Itā€™s raining now so tomorrow drive to work might be wet. Road noise was minimal. Wind noise was louder than expected but not to the point that was concerning. Was able to have a normal conversation. Lots of roundabouts in my town, handled well. The body roll was unnoticeable.

I can confirm a 4 door is needed if you have more than 1 passenger especially kids in car seats. Pain in the ass getting my daughter in and out! But everyone knows that, just confirming it.

Was able to take front panels off for a little while today, not extremely loud was actually impressed. No decibel readings just my own observations.

All in all it was a smooth ride. Pick up was very very good, driving the 2.7. The 2.3 should be plenty, but again just an assumption as I have not driven it on this platform, only in the ranger, explorer, and mustang.

Vision looking out is plenty and looking over the wide hood is just awesome! The trail sights look great from the inside.

Not sure if itā€™s this particular side view mirror but a slight whistling sound. And if I really think about it it was only on drivers side, probably something with the mirror itself.

The cloth in the big bend is nice and seems like it will clean well.

1 negative I noticed right way is that hand marks or finger marks were easily left on dash surfaces. Figured since itā€™s built ā€œwildā€ and to get dirty that smidge marks would not be as easy or noticeable. Not a deal breaker but annoying I guess.

The way the rear seats in the 2 door fold down is nice. Bottom cushion folds up and forward then the rear seats folds down. Nice touch.

Sound deadening looks better than original post. However the look of the hard top inside could have been finished differently/better? Looks unfinished. Itā€™s smooth but can see the fibers of the mold if that makes sense. But again itā€™s in the back and wonā€™t be looking at it much. Iā€™ve never paid attention to jeep hard tops interior finish could be normal idk?

I know the transmission was a big topic, having personally owned the explorer, and currently a f150 2.7 10sd the shifting was not jerky or sluggish. Power throughout all gears and shift points were smooth. The explorer I used to own was terrible at downshifting and my f150 has had the transmission ā€œreprogrammedā€ 2x and it still feels sluggish between 3 and 4 at certain times. This had no noticeable shift issues, up shifting or down.

Sorry no good videos driving to post.

Itā€™s big and wide! Compares to my truck and expedition! See my picture earlier in this thread. Looks great. Again nothing but impressed. A few annoyances but nothing alarming.

Audio is sub par but I think itā€™s to be expected. 1 thing I will be upgrading.

Sorry reviews are not my strong point! Product knowledge yes, excitement to own one yes!!

Thanks for posting. Kinda' what I expected to hear. Looking forward to driving mine. šŸ˜

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The car seat thing - if the kid is small enough for rear facing, the car seats that have a detachable base that stays strapped in is a life saver for 2 doors. Once we got that it didn't bother me at all.

The exposed fibers - I wonder if some sort of vinyl dress up kit might become available? Or maybe plastidip, bedliner, etc.

Panels like this are out there for Jeep, white part is factory. if the Bronco is the same, it's not far behind. šŸ˜

Ford Bronco 1st Demo Bronco showed up today! 1624243883075

https://hotheadheadliners.com/

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh, this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for, personal impressions from driving it around for a couple days, thanks!
Sponsored