Sponsored

1st generation Ford owners what’s your take on the Ford experience so far?

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

• Banned
I will be the first in my long family history to own a Ford with this bronco. Family thinks I am crazy as they believe Fords are unreliable and only buy Toyota’s and Nissans. Day one FE reservation so you know I was quick on the keyboard 😂.

Unfortunately with all that has transpired I am beginning to think my family is right to think I am crazy not only to buy a Ford but top of the line Ford and first year vehicle lol.

I am disappointed in in the way Ford has treated bronco 1st day reservation holders and especially FE holders. I like many FE holders are not rich spoilt folks. Not only will this be the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned it will be the first new vehicle. I am also not rich 🤑 and still in the rat race like the rest of you. The excitement of getting the bronco I never rode in as a kid and watched on tv from a 3rd world country in Africa where I grew up is really starting to take a hit. It will be close to end of MY21 before I get the bronco after it has been sitting on the lot i hope not rotting.

I stayed pumped after;
1. FE number was doubled ( not as exclusive)
2. white interior was not offered to FE holders
Only 2 color interior options
3. No numbering was placed on the FE badge (
x# of 7000)
4. Horrible customer follow up from dealer since
placing order
4. Nothing special on FE except decal compared to other trims not even baha ( edit sport) mode.
5. No other option for roof except MIC for FE
6. Production delays

For such a hyped vehicle Ford sure knows how to make their customers feel good. Especially folks that have never owned a Ford. I guarantee you this if I back out of this it will be a long long time before anyone in my family buys a Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why didn't just choose a different model? Not trying to come across shitty or anything.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will be the first in my long family history to own a Ford with this bronco. Family thinks I am crazy as they believe Fords are unreliable and only buy Toyota’s and Nissans. Day one FE reservation so you know I was quick on the keyboard 😂.

Unfortunately with all that has transpired I am beginning to think my family is right to think I am crazy not only to buy a Ford but top of the line Ford and first year vehicle lol.

I am disappointed in in the way Ford has treated bronco 1st day reservation holders and especially FE holders. I like many FE holders are not rich spoilt folks. Not only will this be the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned it will be the first new vehicle. I am also not rich 🤑 and still in the rat race like the rest of you. The excitement of getting the bronco I never rode in as a kid and watched on tv from a 3rd world country in Africa where I grew up is really starting to take a hit. It will be close to end of MY21 before I get the bronco after it has been sitting on the lot i hope not rotting.

I stayed pumped after;
1. FE number was doubled ( not as exclusive)
2. white interior was not offered to FE holders
Only 2 color interior options
3. No numbering was placed on the FE badge (
x# of 7000)
4. Horrible customer follow up from dealer since
placing order
4. Nothing special on FE except decal compared
to other trims not even baha mode.
5. No other option for roof except MIC for FE
6. Production delays

For such a hyped vehicle Ford sure knows how to make their customers feel good. Especially folks that have never owned a Ford. I guarantee you this if I back out of this it will be a long long time before anyone in my family buys a Ford.
You pretty much summed it up...but I am confident it has Baja mode but no sport mode...same exact mechanically as a Badlands with the painted mirrors / door handles and grill from the Wildtrak. Oh and unique stickers and that oh so unique 4 in the VIN! LOL

And for my question what does the First in First Edition even mean? From the beginning they have not built them first so what is in the name?

Reactions: Kel

DKS2814V

First Edition
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am surprised I haven't seen more people moving on from Ford. This has been an absolute shit-show.... Additionally, I ordered a new Raptor (have a '17 currently), and it's a damn mess too.

On top of that, my dealer is clueless as to what is going on. Always "surprised" at the information I discuss with them.

Ford has a real PR problem, and operationally, they're unorganized too. Mediocrity it seems can be covered up with fancy branding emails, asinine cardboard posters and ridiculous stickers... How many of you threw these in the garbage within 2mins of opening? Waste of money from Ford.

I get today's "supply chain" is stressed. However, this isn't surprising. Ford has been dealing with this for over a year, and it's just terrible how they've reacted to it. Since when has it been okay to have TERRIBLE Customer Service?

Ford's brand is moderately decent, but damned if it isn't taking major hits right now. Many of the other mfgs out there are handling the environment MUCH better.

I would have cancelled my Bronco order, and my Raptor order, but my wife says "no, I want the bronco."

c'est le vie

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ooo this should be good.

I personally am a life-long Ford owner, and the past 3 generations in my family have worked for Ford. My brother and I are the first generation that hasn’t worked for Ford (yet, anyway).

So curious what life is like outside the blue oval.
Bryan, I bought my first new Ford in 1986. A brand spanking new, no one had even farted in the seat Taurus. The wife drove it for 101,000 miles with only regular maintenance. I was sold. I just bought our 8th new Ford in December of '20, a Ranger. When the Bronco arrives I will have 3 Fords in the driveway. The wife's '18 Mustang GT vert, my '20 Ranger Super Cab, and a long awaited '22 Bronco Outer Banks. Why mess with success?

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The lack of a numbered plate doesn't bother me as long as I can later confirm my place in line. I would hope Ford offers up the certificate under the SVT Program like the one I got for my Mercury Marauder (https://fordshowparts.com/products/m-0266-mrdr : requires VIN but does include the #xxx of #yyy built). Or at least provide FE owners proof of their number in line that could be used to confirm the number for a numbered plate by a 3rd party to make them and be accurate with the numbering. I know a few guys who do machine work and could make these if there were enough interest, but they would probably run $50/ea at a minimum.

And for me, First Edition didn't mean "First built". I knew that up front because someone told me this was the "First year model, fully optioned edition" being what it meant, and I took it that way. That explains why its MY21 only for the Bronco and MY22 only for the Maverick, doesn't mean squat as to when it gets built, but that it's unique in that the next year, its replaced with another name for the same 'high end' package.

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

• Banned
You pretty much summed it up...but I am confident it has Baja mode but no sport mode...same exact mechanically as a Badlands with the painted mirrors / door handles and grill from the Wildtrak. Oh and unique stickers and that oh so unique 4 in the VIN! LOL

And for my question what does the First in First Edition even mean? From the beginning they have not built them first so what is in the name?
You are right no sports mode thanks for correcting me

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

• Banned
Why didn't just choose a different model? Not trying to come across shitty or anything.
I asked myself that question everyday since I placed my order. Toyota & Nissans are too boring for me need to venture out. looking to pass this on to the kiddo and keep in the family if I do decide to keep it. I guess this is what happens when you venture out from what one is used to 😂.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

• Banned
Bryan, I bought my first new Ford in 1986. A brand spanking new, no one had even farted in the seat Taurus. The wife drove it for 101,000 miles with only regular maintenance. I was sold. I just bought our 8th new Ford in December of '20, a Ranger. When the Bronco arrives I will have 3 Fords in the driveway. The wife's '18 Mustang GT vert, my '20 Ranger Super Cab, and a long awaited '22 Bronco Outer Banks. Why mess with success?
Wow!! you my friend are a die hard Ford customer.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow!! you my friend are a die hard Ford customer.
Other than replacing the usual wear, and tear item along with doing regular maintenance I've not had any serious problems with my Ford's.

BTW, that Taurus with hit in the rear in 1987. The entire rear section from the windshield header back including doors was replaced. And we still drove it until 1995 when we bought a new Crown Victoria.

Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm like you in that this is my first new car. Seems like there's a lot of folks on the forum that get a new car every couple years so they have a lot more reference points than me. My Bronco replaced a car I'd had for 10 years (and was 2 years old when I got it) and that car replaced a car that I'd had for 10 years (and was 2 years old when my parents bought it). My parents were also Toyota people starting after some bad experiences with Chevies in the 80's. They will never be convinced that anyone besides the Japanese can make a car that lasts longer than a few hours.

The drawn out process has been kind of a let down, but I took delivery last week and getting the vehicle makes up for a lot. I have never gotten so much attention driving a car around. It is THE coolest car on the road. Unfortunately due to the recent announcements it will continue to be rare for more months. I've had a Bronco conversation with a stranger every single day. People pull off the road into the parking lot while I'm putting the top up to talk about it. People roll down their window to talk to me through my missing doors. People at the gym are taking pictures of it while I'm driving away.

I think I was lucky timing wise in that I had perfectly fine aging car and no rush to the Bronco and I set my expectations accordingly. Some people weren't as lucky and needed Ford's wishful forecasting to be true in order for their Bronco to work out (ie already sold their car or had a lease ending or whatever and needed a Bronco to be ready). Those people are rightfully upset and the forum is the place for them to vent their negativity. But the forum can also be a source of delight where you get to plan what cool things you are going to stick on it.

My advice is to set your delivery expectation to "never" and tune out the negativity so you don't get drawn in. It's kind of circular but if you don't worry about it then you won't worry about it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My very first car I purchased in 1987 was a Ford. I have own a laundry list of them, I currently am down to three, I had five last year. I have never had a good special order experience with Ford, I am now on my second train wreck, the last one was in 2016. I bleed Ford actually the last time I didnt own a Ford was around 1997 for a time before I picked up a Explorer Sport in 1999. I think this is what keeps me in the game and it would be very easy to looks elsewhere. We ended up replacing one of our other cars with a new Subaru only because Ford left the segment. All I can say is stick with it.

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, at the beginning, I read all the posts saying never buy a first generation vehicle and I said "Bah, that won't happen this time." The trouble is Ford came up with a winning concept here, albeit a tad ambitious in light of unforeseen world events. Not blaming Ford per se, and I have never found a manufacturer I really clicked with.

Inevitably, the mounting frustration has me looking for ways to just walk away from the whole thing for a while. Just got back from the Toyota dealership, Tacoma TRD Pro starting to look appealing. Must say, Toyota does a terrible job of marketing that thing.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered 2 other cars in the past.

One BMW back in 2000, that went perfectly. I was told 6-9 months, it showed up at 6 months, almost to the day. I got details the whole way and it was exactly what I wanted.

The other was a volvo in 2018. That was going well from Volvo details. I had dates for every step of the way, including the final one "It'll arrive at the dealer in 2 days". Then the dealer sold it out from under me the day it arrived, and ordered me a new one... canceled that.

Ford is still the worst fo far in my limited experience.

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've ordered 2 other cars in the past.

One BMW back in 2000, that went perfectly. I was told 6-9 months, it showed up at 6 months, almost to the day. I got details the whole way and it was exactly what I wanted.

The other was a volvo in 2018. That was going well from Volvo details. I had dates for every step of the way, including the final one "It'll arrive at the dealer in 2 days". Then the dealer sold it out from under me the day it arrived, and ordered me a new one... canceled that.

Ford is still the worst fo far in my limited experience.
It seems dealers selling special ordered vehicles from under the reservation holders is pretty common. I am surprised folks are not suing the crap out if these dealers.
Sponsored