Sponsored

1st generation Ford owners what’s your take on the Ford experience so far?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Certain areas were I grew up had horrible roads where “off-roading” is kinda like normal commute 😂. Thats my somewhat daily off-roading experience as a kid.Toyotas dominate the market for thier durability and parts supply. Some folks got Jeeps for this but they would break down and limited parts to fix.

I am also an old school American muscle junky first vehicle I bought in the US ~15 years ago was a beat up 1971 Chevelle that I slowly restored and recently sold to make room for the classic open air truck I always wanted. Instead of getting the classic bronco that will most likely have reliability issues I can bet best of both worlds.

White old American dudes can’t have all the fun 😁 now

E0D289BA-4A1A-4E6A-B35D-43FE38193B95.jpeg
Yeah, but they created it. ;)
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I understand that point about an adventure vehicle. But I still don't understand the specific interest in the Ford Bronco. Born Free and Wild Kingdom African adventures mostly used Land Rovers as I remember it. And the American off-road icon has most always been the Jeep. The only other two vehicles that come to mind as a kid of the '60s are the International Scout and the original Bronco, both short lived in comparison to the Jeep. And the Land Rover was the British version of the WWII Jeep...
Yeah, well Land Rover went all Range Rover-esq urban crawler with the Defender. :-(

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:
OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This will be my first Ford- if I stick with it. With this debacle,, I'm really thinking twice about it!

I'm a longtime Toyota guy. But my dad and I tried to buy a brand new ranger back in 1993. The dealer had an ad in the paper for a ranger at an all in price- everything covered in the advertised price. We got ready to sign the paperwork and the manager comes in and writes another number down. He tried to add more costs to the deal we already made. My dad was getting ready to go off but before he could, I tore the paperwork up and walked out.

Since then I've owned 3 Tacomas, an FJ Cruiser and a 4Runner. Never a single issue with any of them. Wanted something different this last time and bought a Gladiator. A seriously fun truck to drive and the interior tech kills Toyota's (they are years behind in this area). I love the Gladiator but once the Bronco was announced I figured id trade in the truck for it after the first model run.

Now I'm not so sure. I put my order in this week knowing it'd be 2022 and that is a great time to trade my truck. Now I'm not sure it'll even be early 2023, my dealer can't even give me an order number or give me any pertinent info as to why my reservation has not updated to an order on my account. He thinks I'm being impatient when all I want is a confirmed order! My mind goes back to 1993 and my last Ford experience. I'm waiting to see what the new 4Runner will be like. I really want to get a Bronco, but Ford is making it damn hard to do.

Toyota needs to spruce up the FJs and delete the crazy doors 4 runners also need an update. Don’t get me started on the tundra …tough but outdated

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Based on your two previous responses to me, you apparently need to work this into a race/ethnicity thing.

I'm not interested.
😂 had to hit you with a little history there.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will be the first in my long family history to own a Ford with this bronco. Family thinks I am crazy as they believe Fords are unreliable and only buy Toyota’s and Nissans. Day one FE reservation so you know I was quick on the keyboard 😂.

Unfortunately with all that has transpired I am beginning to think my family is right to think I am crazy not only to buy a Ford but top of the line Ford and first year vehicle lol.

I am disappointed in in the way Ford has treated bronco 1st day reservation holders and especially FE holders. I like many FE holders are not rich spoilt folks. Not only will this be the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned it will be the first new vehicle. I am also not rich 🤑 and still in the rat race like the rest of you. The excitement of getting the bronco I never rode in as a kid and watched on tv from a 3rd world country in Africa where I grew up is really starting to take a hit. It will be close to end of MY21 before I get the bronco after it has been sitting on the lot i hope not rotting.

I stayed pumped after;
1. FE number was doubled ( not as exclusive)
2. white interior was not offered to FE holders
Only 2 color interior options
3. No numbering was placed on the FE badge (
x# of 7000)
4. Horrible customer follow up from dealer since
placing order
4. Nothing special on FE except decal compared to other trims not even baha ( edit sport) mode.
5. No other option for roof except MIC for FE
6. Production delays

For such a hyped vehicle Ford sure knows how to make their customers feel good. Especially folks that have never owned a Ford. I guarantee you this if I back out of this it will be a long long time before anyone in my family buys a Ford.
Just buy a 4 runner and be bored not having to worry about anything.

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah . . . . this Bronco fiasco makes you wonder if we might be witnessing the 'death throes' of a dysfunctional crumbling corporation -

For example - the MIC problem is ridiculous - should've been noticed/solved 2-years ago - but that's what happens when a company becomes too political . . . never raise any bad news - don't bring-up problems - just sweep it under the rug - or you'll be marked -
Just keep cheerleading - Ra Ra - it's the 'Survivor' mentality -

However, at some point - reality will raise a hand -

Remember the great Richard Feynman when he served on the panel to investigate the 1st Shuttle disaster (1986) - and his statement :

"To have a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, because Mother Nature can not be fooled" -- Richard Feynman
My new favorite quote!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first ever car was a 1965 Mustang. Got it used for $900. Had a lot of fun with that car.

Fast forward, I got excited about the new Bronco. But then Ford turned getting one into a reservation time stamp competition. The overall experience has dampened my enthusiasm, and it's clear Ford doesn't care much about me as a customer.

Will see what happens. As a fan of the open top 4x4 genre, I hope Bronco ends up a success. But thank god for Jeep, all the fun I've had in the past with CJs/Wranglers, and possibly in the future (if Ford can't deliver).

Reactions: Kel

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ill add, any ol joe will be able to walk in a purchase a Bronco before those that have waited up to and over 18 months for their Bronco order. This just rubs me the wrong way.

This is a great thread and my main complaint with how Ford is handling all this.
1. Ford will sell every Bronco they make for the first 3-5 years. Regardless of how they treat their customer.
2. Many customers who only buy Japanese and or German/Italian vehicles are now buying their first Ford.
3. These are people with funds to buy any vehicle they choose sub $100k.

In saying the above Ford has missed a huge opportunity to bring over converts to their other product lines. This does not come around that often.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ill add, any ol joe will be able to walk in a purchase a Bronco before those that have waited up to and over 18 months for their Bronco order. This just rubs me the wrong way.

This is a great thread and my main complaint with how Ford is handling all this.
1. Ford will sell every Bronco they make for the first 3-5 years. Regardless of how they treat their customer.
2. Many customers who only buy Japanese and or German/Italian vehicles are now buying their first Ford.
3. These are people with funds to buy any vehicle they choose sub $100k.

In saying the above Ford has missed a huge opportunity to bring over converts to their other product lines. This does not come around that often.
You can do the same as "any ol joe," if you want any ol' Bronco. Then again, maybe, Ford should simply not sell any Broncos to avoid rubbing you the wrong way. I get that people have lost the ability to be patient, and reason/critical thinking is no longer a thing, but there must be some part of you that can understand that the pandemic messed things up, at all levels production. Or not. Maybe, the "me first, at all costs" mentality is just too strong, in you.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can do the same as "any ol joe," if you want any ol' Bronco. Then again, maybe, Ford should simply not sell any Broncos to avoid rubbing you the wrong way. I get that people have lost the ability to be patient, and reason/critical thinking is no longer a thing, but there must be some part of you that can understand that the pandemic messed things up, at all levels production. Or not. Maybe, the "me first, at all costs" mentality is just too strong, in you.
Wow!

So if you waited patiently for 18 months and and someone step in front to get your order, forcing you to wait another 12 months, that would not anger you a bit?

Why reserve at all? Why guaranty time stamp over and over? Why even offer any vehicle order at all? Why have any ownership at all if someone can come and take your car/truck/house at anytime they want?

Ford should have:
1. We can build 60k units in 2021.
2. 40k units will go to orders. Anyone after that will get a 22.
3. 20k units will go to dealers.
Ford flat out lied to its customers time and time again. If that does not bother you, that your problem not mine.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
😂 had to hit you with a little history there.
Dude. I was referring to American culture, especially American car culture; not who designed the Bronco.

So relax and chill.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!

So if you waited patiently for 18 months and and someone step in front to get your order, forcing you to wait another 12 months, that would not anger you a bit?

Why reserve at all? Why guaranty time stamp over and over? Why even offer any vehicle order at all? Why have any ownership at all if someone can come and take your car/truck/house at anytime they want?

Ford should have:
1. We can build 60k units in 2021.
2. 40k units will go to orders. Anyone after that will get a 22.
3. 20k units will go to dealers.
Ford flat out lied to its customers time and time again. If that does not bother you, that your problem not mine.
So, you ordered a 4dr non-sas, with soft top, no tow? Who stepped in and took your order? Unless you are willing to take the truck "any ol joe" is willing to take, your argument is nothing more than whining, because you can't get your way.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you ordered a 4dr non-sas, with soft top, no tow? Who stepped in and took your order? Unless you are willing to take the truck "any ol joe" is willing to take, your argument is nothing more than whining, because you can't get your way.
As a first day order Ford:
Stated they would build based on timestamp.
Dealers would not receive lot vehicles until all reservations were built.

With customers that don’t buy Fords reserving the Bronco, Ford had the opportunity to sell these new customers other vehicles well. With a debacle of a launch lies and untruths Ford has missed a golden opportunity to increase their market share to those with affluent wealth.

Which is what this thread is about. You may have missed the member who also ordered the 992 GT3 which is sold out for 7 years(according to a dealer). FYI the GT3 has a build and delivery date way back in March…..
Sponsored