Sponsored

1st generation Ford owners what’s your take on the Ford experience so far?

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only owned fords, currently driving my wife's 06 Tacoma as she got a 19' Trd pro tundra, while I wait on my bronco. Sucks! Thank God for my 72' bronco.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a first day order Ford:
Stated they would build based on timestamp.
Dealers would not receive lot vehicles until all reservations were built.

With customers that don’t buy Fords reserving the Bronco, Ford had the opportunity to sell these new customers other vehicles well. With a debacle of a launch lies and untruths Ford has missed a golden opportunity to increase their market share to those with affluent wealth.

Which is what this thread is about. You may have missed the member who also ordered the 992 GT3 which is sold out for 7 years(according to a dealer). FYI the GT3 has a build and delivery date way back in March…..
You completely refuse to acknowledge everything that has happened in the world that affects the entire supply chain. You also seem to expect Ford to sit on parts that can be used to make Broncos that will sell, because they do not have the parts for your order. Ford made absolutely no promises, as far as timing goes. They said timestamp matters; it just doesn't matter the way you want it to matter. They only promise Ford has made to you is that if you pony up the deposit, you will get a Bronco, once it is built. Everything else you seem to think you were promised was all fabricated inside your head. Now, you expect Ford to live up to promises you invented. Entitlement is what that nonsense is all about. Go get yourself a Jeep or a Tacoma or a Discovery, for God's sake. Leave the Broncos for the folks who are living in reality.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford made absolutely no promises, as far as timing goes. They said timestamp matters; it just doesn't matter the way you want it to matter. They only promise Ford has made to you is that if you pony up the deposit, you will get a Bronco, once it is built. Everything else you seem to think you were promised was all fabricated inside your head. Now, you expect Ford to live up to promises you invented.
Actually, you are 100% incorrect on everything quoted above. Ford was incredibly specific at launch about timestamp order being the only non-logistical factor.

The deposit was also very specific with disclaimers that made it absolutely crystal clear that the funds secured the option to order, that order would be built in timestamp sequence, and were not a guarantee of a vehicle. They only guarantee was that they would be done in timestamp order unless commodities dictated otherwise (with the attendant shipping considerations), there were no allocations.

He invented no promises, was simply listing the ones that Ford made and subsequently unilaterally modified to suit their convenience. The only person doing history revision is you. Your personal reality is not actual reality, we have enough of that here. Please stop spreading your misinformation.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought this thread was 1st Gen owners and what they think about the current situation. Plenty of other threads where people can air their grievances.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been pretty vocal here and elsewhere where about what I think. My great great grandparents bought a new model A and Ford's have bee in our family ever since. I've owned/own several broncos from 66'-81'. Parents had an 84'. I still have two 66 a 71. What Ford did with the two door reservations, VIP and Priority builds and especially two door demos is total BS. I started a thread about it the other day.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-door-bronco-loses-big.21547/

Reactions: Kel

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You completely refuse to acknowledge everything that has happened in the world that affects the entire supply chain. You also seem to expect Ford to sit on parts that can be used to make Broncos that will sell, because they do not have the parts for your order. Ford made absolutely no promises, as far as timing goes. They said timestamp matters; it just doesn't matter the way you want it to matter. They only promise Ford has made to you is that if you pony up the deposit, you will get a Bronco, once it is built. Everything else you seem to think you were promised was all fabricated inside your head. Now, you expect Ford to live up to promises you invented. Entitlement is what that nonsense is all about. Go get yourself a Jeep or a Tacoma or a Discovery, for God's sake. Leave the Broncos for the folks who are living in reality.
You are incorrect and can stop your attempt mislead others. The Ford sympathizers here are incredibly blind......

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this thread was 1st Gen owners and what they think about the current situation. Plenty of other threads where people can air their grievances.
This is new crowd of bronco owners is for the most part a bunch of new SUV owners. They are not part of the early bronco crowd whatsoever. That's why you'll find very few remaining 66-77 bronco guys left in the 21' FB groups and forums. 99% of the new crowd doesn't know the difference between a tire and a wheel and they blame covid for everything. Covid didn't cause Ford to choose Webasto, or not offer two door soft tops, or bump first night reservation holders for VIP and Priority builds, or send 2 door demos to dealers across the US and Canada while only filling 11% of two orders. Somehow covid didn't hurt the supply of posters, stickers, hammocks and die cast cars they sent to everyone as "feel better" BS lol.

Kerney

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Miata SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First time Ford buyer here unless you count my Miata which has a bunch of Ford parts since they were somewhat married at the time of the NC Miata's development. Currently in the garage are the Mazda, 2 Hondas, Toyota, and a Chevy. Knock on wood only the wife's Honda had to go in for an ECM reprogram, but otherwise even the 18 year old Chevy has only had items break that I can fix. I'm confident the Bronco will be fine from a quality perspective in a year or two which is why i'm waiting for the 2023s for my order.

That being said I was a first year buyer for the second generation MR2 back in 1991. It was in for service so many times the service manager knew my name when I pulled into the service bay. It also had a suspension issue that resulted in snap oversteer. I sold that and got the first year of the new Mitsubishi GSX which was repurchased by Mitsu under threat of lemon law because they couldn't fix a fuel tank issue. I swore off first model year vehicles after that and purchased a '93 MR2 which had a revised suspension and was bulletproof. Think if you bought a new 2020 Toyota Supra (1st model year) and the 2021s got a 47 hp bump in power. Now with that I'd have been livid.

The issues Ford is facing isn't surprising in the least and I think Ford has done a decent job handling them and I wouldn't be surprised if there are other issues beyond the tops.

Now onto the FE edition. There was a FE at cars and coffee yesterday in A51. From 20' away I thought it was a OBX with Sasquatch. Nothing special about it other than some stickers which anyone can buy. They should have followed Mazda which only offers unique one year colors for the Special Editions which are only basically paint / option packages. I've never seen another Miata NC like mine. They should have limited the FE to Lightning Blue to make it more unique.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time Ford buyer here unless you count my Miata which has a bunch of Ford parts since they were somewhat married at the time of the NC Miata's development. Currently in the garage are the Mazda, 2 Hondas, Toyota, and a Chevy. Knock on wood only the wife's Honda had to go in for an ECM reprogram, but otherwise even the 18 year old Chevy has only had items break that I can fix. I'm confident the Bronco will be fine from a quality perspective in a year or two which is why i'm waiting for the 2023s for my order.

That being said I was a first year buyer for the second generation MR2 back in 1991. It was in for service so many times the service manager knew my name when I pulled into the service bay. It also had a suspension issue that resulted in snap oversteer. I sold that and got the first year of the new Mitsubishi GSX which was repurchased by Mitsu under threat of lemon law because they couldn't fix a fuel tank issue. I swore off first model year vehicles after that and purchased a '93 MR2 which had a revised suspension and was bulletproof. Think if you bought a new 2020 Toyota Supra (1st model year) and the 2021s got a 47 hp bump in power. Now with that I'd have been livid.

The issues Ford is facing isn't surprising in the least and I think Ford has done a decent job handling them and I wouldn't be surprised if there are other issues beyond the tops.

Now onto the FE edition. There was a FE at cars and coffee yesterday in A51. From 20' away I thought it was a OBX with Sasquatch. Nothing special about it other than some stickers which anyone can buy. They should have followed Mazda which only offers unique one year colors for the Special Editions which are only basically paint / option packages. I've never seen another Miata NC like mine. They should have limited the FE to Lightning Blue to make it more unique.
OT - Noticed your profile pic...what is the good word?

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The ford I own now is the first ford I’ve owned. It’s a focus and it did not fall under the huge recall for transmissions but still has the lag problem all focus’ had. Other than that it’s a great car and Im not going to get rid of it. When I tell people I’m getting a bronco I do get more “don’t buy a ford” than anything else. I’ve heard all kinds of horror stories form people that have had a problem w their Ford. I really am on the fence about it and like you I have a FE on reserve. Ford customer service hasn’t been that great either, especially for a too trim res holder. It makes me wonder how I’ll be treated after I give them my money.

Reactions: Kel

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is new crowd of bronco owners is for the most part a bunch of new SUV owners. They are not part of the early bronco crowd whatsoever. That's why you'll find very few remaining 66-77 bronco guys left in the 21' FB groups and forums. 99% of the new crowd doesn't know the difference between a tire and a wheel and they blame covid for everything. Covid didn't cause Ford to choose Webasto, or not offer two door soft tops, or bump first night reservation holders for VIP and Priority builds, or send 2 door demos to dealers across the US and Canada while only filling 11% of two orders. Somehow covid didn't hurt the supply of posters, stickers, hammocks and die cast cars they sent to everyone as "feel better" BS lol.
I know. Was really referring to the thread title and all the non- 1st Gen folks chiming in. Not that I'm too concerned about it...just find it funny everyone saying that the new Bronco will be their first or similar.

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've only owned fords, currently driving my wife's 06 Tacoma as she got a 19' Trd pro tundra, while I wait on my bronco. Sucks! Thank God for my 72' bronco.
you have got some solid vehicles Tacoma, tundra and a good toy in the 72 bronco that’s awesome!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ford I own now is the first ford I’ve owned. It’s a focus and it did not fall under the huge recall for transmissions but still has the lag problem all focus’ had. Other than that it’s a great car and Im not going to get rid of it. When I tell people I’m getting a bronco I do get more “don’t buy a ford” than anything else. I’ve heard all kinds of horror stories form people that have had a problem w their Ford. I really am on the fence about it and like you I have a FE on reserve. Ford customer service hasn’t been that great either, especially for a too trim res holder. It makes me wonder how I’ll be treated after I give them my money.
yup that’s what is very concerning what happens when you go in for warranty item, pick it back up totaled because mechanic went joy riding and they refuse to cover it (Tomball Ford)

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What parts? The top! To answer your question they were short on tops. And while their supplier which was turning out 100k tops for their competitor Jeep using the same materials and build process. Ford even admitted their design was wrong. This after 4 years of drastic heat and cold testing in the harshest environments!

That’s on Ford regardless of the world you live in!