First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since picking up this bronco I've been extremely happy with it. Road manners dominate the JLUR I traded in (I have other posts about that).

But, since I picked this up in November, I haven't been able to do much "dry trail" wheeling. All our seasonal access trails are well...closed. But I have been out snow bashing a few times, and the 1st time I was out, I beached on a drift and winched myself off. In the process of ram rodding the gas to try and get traction, I quickly went from 0 to 30 MPH and saw that warning pop up to "service sta-bar system."

Ford Bronco 1st minor hiccup - service sta-bar PXL_20230206_160006116

Once i winched myself off the drift, I shut the bronco off. Restarted, and the message went away. Everything was normal again.

Fast forward a month and I went back out again with the intention of really seeing what this was capable of in the snow, and proceeded to get stuck over and over and over. Except this time, the warning popped up as soon as I got stuck and wouldn't clear no matter how many times I shut the bronco off.

Ford Bronco 1st minor hiccup - service sta-bar PXL_20230205_180839131

I figured it had something to do with the way the snow packs above the skid plates. And I was right. After the bronco dripped off in the driveway, I crawled under there and found the snow (which was really packed hard around the sway bar mechanism) seemed to have unplugged a harness.

Ford Bronco 1st minor hiccup - service sta-bar PXL_20230206_165216775

I plugged it back in, and the warning did not clear. So I tired a battery pull, and it still did not clear. Read the codes, and sure enough a C1B03 code existed (and was un-clearable).

Fast forward a few more weeks now, and I finally was able to get up to my dealership for a service call. The results of that were basically update the CHCM, cleared the code after the update, and everything is good to go. No broken wiring, no modules replaced, nothing. Just a simple software glitch.

Ford Bronco 1st minor hiccup - service sta-bar 1677938698525

I had them check a few other things that were just nit-picky and irrelevant to this post, so i'll skip those. Hoping to get back out here in the next couple weeks and test this again to make sure the problem doesn't return.

Still super happy with this, and one little hiccup doesn't even matter to me!
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe next time you go out in this type of scenario, you can use a zip tie or electrical tape the pigtail to secure it closed to prevent the pigtail from disconnecting. I'm assuming it unplugged from the cold of the snow packed on it.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe next time you go out in this type of scenario, you can use a zip tie or electrical tape the pigtail to secure it closed to prevent the pigtail from disconnecting. I'm assuming it unplugged from the cold of the snow packed on it.
that's a good point and great idea!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, where do I find this connector? Is it on the driver side or passenger?

I was gonna check mine since mud season is upon us in Wyoming.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to know, I get the sta-bar disconnect error almost daily, it clears itself with no record of it, says the dealer. Maybe my plug is a loose connection.

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I remember seeing that come on once randomly for me, I'll check the connection, but I haven't see it come on again.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howdy, where do I find this connector? Is it on the driver side or passenger?

I was gonna check mine since mud season is upon us in Wyoming.
i accessed it from the passenger side. it's above the skid plate so you gotta kinda wiggle your hand in there. caution note to hot exhaust lol! do it after it's been parked a bit.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is going on day 3 at the dealer for front diff leak and the sta-bar. They said they did one of the TSBs and no luck. I sent them a link to the second and also a copy of the workorder above. I don't want them wasting too much more time on it. I do have a loaner but I'm starting to twitch not having the Bronco. :p

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this happen twice while wheeling. Issue for me is one or two GOAT modes automatically disconnects it. Then while crawling up a hill that is muddy/snowy the wheel spin makes it bug out. Then I get the service warning. Both times shutting it down & restarting made it disappear.
Sponsored