Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just went and took some pics with the Kuat Pivot V2 Driver’s side and the 1UP USA cargo tray 60”. I didn’t take a video today as it’s windy AF. The cooler shown is a Yeti Haul (wheeled) and I also installed the DENY lock.
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch A4F87893-77F9-47E3-910B-2867BDB356A5
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch F5290733-730F-45BB-B980-89F9927BF576
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch F9DEEF76-14DB-4C69-A26D-61A1E968B80E
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch A66F5C13-D422-4B5A-A192-D4C1E103AE7A
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 62AD2EC8-BE30-4549-B270-44B655F3A107
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 9797688A-8197-4F44-BD8D-E0D9642B2C8D
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 5BEB8DE2-C112-447B-90DB-492A7AA4793E
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure, the driver's side swing makes for cleaner access to everything. However, covering the license plate is a deal breaker.
I just recently found out in Texas it's legal to obstruct the license plate with a bike rack*. I'm still going to work on a spare tire mount, but now I'm not in as much of a rush to do so.

https://texas.public.law/statutes/tex._transp._code_section_504.945

Sec. 504.945
Wrong, Fictitious, Altered, or Obscured License Plate
(a)
A person commits an offense if the person attaches to or displays on a motor vehicle a license plate that:
(7)
has a coating, covering, protective substance, or other material that:
(C)
alters or obscures the letters or numbers of the license plate number or the color of the plate.

Subsection (a)(7) may not be construed to apply to:
(5)
a bicycle or motorcycle rack that is attached to a vehicle in a normal or customary manner.

*I'm not a lawyer, this is just my interpretation of the transportation code.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up the Kuat Passenger Swing this afternoon with 1up rack. Here are the results. I like it. I don't mean to hijack your thread but thought people might enjoy seeing the other option. If driver was available locally I may have gone that route.

Overall I think I'll be good with it the way it is. There appears to be draw backs either way. Driver is tag and dealing with blocking two sides. Passenger you have to deal with not opening fully with bikes. Otherwise it will open completely. It will open to 90 degree with rack up even though the photo doesn’t look like it.

I’ll add some additional photos once I get back to my bikes.

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 69C29A77-C884-4B8D-A6C2-CE64342BE8A9

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 40930862-9352-458B-BBC6-BCE39EBA060F

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch B0CCA985-BA7A-41C6-935F-7C20BEF7B201

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 5E640A73-E430-447A-B402-C588622FE366

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 0ADCA79A-E38D-45F1-81CB-0CFF08B017EF

Last edited:

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I picked up the Kuat Passenger Swing this afternoon with 1up rack. Here are the results. I like it. I don't mean to hijack your thread but thought people might enjoy seeing the other option. If driver was available locally I may have gone that route.

Overall I think I'll be good with it the way it is. There appears to be draw backs either way. Driver is tag and dealing with blocking two sides. Passenger you have to deal with not opening fully with bikes. Otherwise it will open completely. It will open to 90 degree with rack up even though the photo doesn’t look like it.

I’ll add some additional photos once I get back to my bikes.

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 0ADCA79A-E38D-45F1-81CB-0CFF08B017EF

In this pic the back door is not fully opened correct?

My worry was that when I’ve opened the back door, more often than not it seems to open fully and I didn’t want it smacking whatever I was carrying, whether bike or cargo tray.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of the most useful threads on this board :)

Never thought about the license plate being blocked. I never really thought it was much of a concern. One of my cars the license plate is in the middle of the hatchback and will get blocked regardless with the bike rack. My Jeep the license plate is high and on the driver's side so won't be an issue. But if the Bronco is getting blocked.

And it's good to know the RakAttach clears the spare tire. I had rolled that out as soon as I saw how it opened thinking there was no way that was going to work.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just went and took some pics with the Kuat Pivot V2 Driver’s side and the 1UP USA cargo tray 60”. I didn’t take a video today as it’s windy AF. The cooler shown is a Yeti Haul (wheeled) and I also installed the DENY lock.
So without the bike rack, when you look straight on the back, can you see your license plate over the drivers side Kuat?

Sorry if you already posted a picture, it didn't look like all of them loaded for me.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Curt hitch finally showed up so I was able to get it installed and get the bike rack setup. I bought the Curt hitch receiver from RealTruck.com. This is the 1Up Heavy Duty 2" rack. With the Sasquatch and the 1Up rack you need some kind of extender. In my case I chose the Kuat Pivot. This way I can fully pivot the bikes out of the way to access the tailgate. 1Up also offers the RakAttach pivot, but I like the Kuat version better. First, the Kuat opens 120 degrees and the RakAttach only 90. Second, the Kuat has a similar expanding wedge to the 1Up rack to take the slack and wobble out of the hitch. RakAttach has something as well, but I didn't like their implementation. For the Kuat Pivot I chose driver side opening. There has been some debate about which is best. I prefer the driver side because the tailgate opens really wide, and I don't want anything to restrict the opening there. You can see from the pictures there is plenty of room when the tailgate is open all the way and the bike is swung all the way open. Because there is some adjustment in the 1Up rack you can fit it around the spare tire perfectly. You can also see that there is just barely enough room between the bottom of the spare and the top of the Pivot - you really can't do much of a bigger tire with this setup, which is fine for me. I had been just throwing my bike in the back of the Bronco, which doesn't work great with the soft top. It's hard to finagle the bike in since the back doesn't open up very tall, and it was getting a lot of dirt inside. I'm really excited to have the bike rack setup now.

That's $1000 of rack with not much security to keep it attached. I wouldn't leave it on full time either. Beautiful and functional setup though.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So without the bike rack, when you look straight on the back, can you see your license plate over the drivers side Kuat?

Sorry if you already posted a picture, it didn't look like all of them loaded for me.
No worries. You can partially see the plate with just the Kuat from a straight on angle. You can see it more from a slightly elevated angle (think a cop sitting in their cruiser).

I’m not running drugs so I hope to not draw much attention. 🤣😂

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch F78FBAA5-F9A8-47E5-A9BE-93BD3D1F598F
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch D9E19ADC-9A0C-4A92-A86C-9EF27F902CC4

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No worries. You can partially see the plate with just the Kuat from a straight on angle. You can see it more from a slightly elevated angle (think a cop sitting in their cruiser).

I’m not running drugs so I hope to not draw much attention. 🤣😂

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch D9E19ADC-9A0C-4A92-A86C-9EF27F902CC4
Perfect thanks. Because everything that I had read the Kuat what's the better choice, and it just makes sense to get the driver swing out instead of trying to do the tailgate and the racks on the same side.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It can be opened all the way I just didn’t have it opened all the way in the picture. Think it may be possible with bikes loaded and tilted.

I will of course have to be conscious of the rack and door but not real change from being conscious with a tailgate, rear hatch, or other doors so not a deal breaker for me.

I don’t think there is necessarily a right answer just that their are options for whatever people prefer. I may have bought driver if it was what the store had at the time. I just hate the 1up tag thing and was happy to remove it from my rack. I had run tag blocked for years but was finally pulled over in GA so I’m conscious of it now. Also prefer not to have reasons just to pull me over. Looked like it didn’t matter in TX.

In this pic the back door is not fully opened correct?

My worry was that when I’ve opened the back door, more often than not it seems to open fully and I didn’t want it smacking whatever I was carrying, whether bike or cargo tray.
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 79AF7AFE-DB19-46AB-9D2C-DC040FAA4238

Last edited:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It can be opened all the way I just didn’t have it opened all the way in the picture. Think it may be possible with bikes loaded and tilted.

I will of course have to be conscious of the rack and door but not real change from being conscious with a tailgate, rear hatch, or other doors so not a deal breaker for me.

I don’t think there is necessarily a right answer just that their are options for whatever people prefer. I may have bought driver if it was what the store had at the time. I just hate the 1up tag thing and was happy to remove it from my rack. I had run tag blocked for years but was finally pulled over in GA so I’m conscious of it now. Also prefer not to have reasons just to pull me over. Looked like it didn’t matter in TX.

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 79AF7AFE-DB19-46AB-9D2C-DC040FAA4238
Thanks for the pic. Yeah see the problem is not everything that goes in that hitch has its own pivot. There are bike racks that don't pivot, cargo holders, etc.

So for me, it has to be driver side... But at least now I know..thanks!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you with 1-UP racks they sell reversed side plates as well. That lowers the rack about 4" to allow swing gate clearance. And you don't have to lift the bikes up so high to load them.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that would be really nice for clearance (spare tire) and the back-up camera.
For those of you with 1-UP racks they sell reversed side plates as well. That lowers the rack about 4" to allow swing gate clearance. And you don't have to lift the bikes up so high to load them.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just recently found out in Texas it's legal to obstruct the license plate with a bike rack*. I'm still going to work on a spare tire mount, but now I'm not in as much of a rush to do so.

https://texas.public.law/statutes/tex._transp._code_section_504.945

Sec. 504.945
Wrong, Fictitious, Altered, or Obscured License Plate
(a)
A person commits an offense if the person attaches to or displays on a motor vehicle a license plate that:
(7)
has a coating, covering, protective substance, or other material that:
(C)
alters or obscures the letters or numbers of the license plate number or the color of the plate.

Subsection (a)(7) may not be construed to apply to:
(5)
a bicycle or motorcycle rack that is attached to a vehicle in a normal or customary manner.

*I'm not a lawyer, this is just my interpretation of the transportation code.
This is great to know! Thanks for looking that up.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Curt hitch finally showed up so I was able to get it installed and get the bike rack setup. I bought the Curt hitch receiver from RealTruck.com. This is the 1Up Heavy Duty 2" rack. With the Sasquatch and the 1Up rack you need some kind of extender. In my case I chose the Kuat Pivot. This way I can fully pivot the bikes out of the way to access the tailgate. 1Up also offers the RakAttach pivot, but I like the Kuat version better. First, the Kuat opens 120 degrees and the RakAttach only 90. Second, the Kuat has a similar expanding wedge to the 1Up rack to take the slack and wobble out of the hitch. RakAttach has something as well, but I didn't like their implementation. For the Kuat Pivot I chose driver side opening. There has been some debate about which is best. I prefer the driver side because the tailgate opens really wide, and I don't want anything to restrict the opening there. You can see from the pictures there is plenty of room when the tailgate is open all the way and the bike is swung all the way open. Because there is some adjustment in the 1Up rack you can fit it around the spare tire perfectly. You can also see that there is just barely enough room between the bottom of the spare and the top of the Pivot - you really can't do much of a bigger tire with this setup, which is fine for me. I had been just throwing my bike in the back of the Bronco, which doesn't work great with the soft top. It's hard to finagle the bike in since the back doesn't open up very tall, and it was getting a lot of dirt inside. I'm really excited to have the bike rack setup now.

Your articulation is splendid to behold. Never seen either product before.
Sponsored