TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Another time, I packed the entire engine bay full of snow and the engine wouldn't run but never got stuck, we were busting thru snow drifts at night, high winds, and very cold. Every time we hit a 5-6 ft snow drift the snow would fly over the truck, seemed like fun until the engine stopped. Truck was only a month old, got out opened the hood and it was all bright white, the fan blades couldn't rotate and stopped the engine. This was back in the 80's, far fewer cars on the road, I think about it now and it's scary thinking we could have hit a car buried in the snow as visibility was not good with hood and windshield full of snow. A lift would have Definitely helped.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to see the suspension lift in the Accessory list, but no price yet, or cost of installation.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I see the FPP lift in the accessories list.

Does this mean I can order a base, and have my dealer install the 2 inch FPP lift?

Would that theoretically allow me to fit the the badlands 17s and 285 70 tires onto a base?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I see the FPP lift in the accessories list.

Does this mean I can order a base, and have my dealer install the 2 inch FPP lift?

Would that theoretically allow me to fit the the badlands 17s and 285 70 tires onto a base?
You can put those on without the lift. BL lift is not even a half inch taller than Base. I think it’s 0.3” taller than base. The rest is the tires.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can put those on without the lift. BL lift is not even a half inch taller than Base. I think it’s 0.3” taller than base. The rest is the tires.
Really. That’s awesome. Love the badlands look but honestly don’t need everything it comes with. Thanks for the info.

Any idea if the rest of the suspension/control arm setup on the badlands affects the wheel offset/spacing? The base comes with 255 on 16x7s, but I’m not sure if the base 285s would rub.

Last edited:

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking that there will be sasquatch owners quickly upgrading to 37's and will need to replace springs control arms etc. You all see any issues putting those parts on a non sasquatch?

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door Base, 2.7, Sasquached, 2 inch lift, straight to the tire shop for 37's. Then home. Done

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those who haven't been stuck in very deep snow. With a 4x4 truck/jeep type vehicle you can drive thru snow with both axles and suspension components plowing thru the snow easily with locking diffs. However once the frame and entire under body is sitting on the snow your stuck. I have had snow support a loaded F150 to where the suspension is completely unloaded and tires are spinning and still a couple inches off the ground. It will completely fill all the underbody voids with snow and when it's sub zero degrees out the engine and exhaust will not melt the snow. At this point your need a long handle shovels and buddy's to help. In one particular instance, after 4 of us spending several hours removing the snow from under the entire truck it still would not drop down as the snow was packed into the suspension so hard it wouldn't come down and took another 4x4 with snatch strap to break it loose. A suspension lift definitely helps in extreme deep snow.
I used to routinely drive my ‘53 M37 with a rear locker and chains through snow over its NDT tires (34”) without a hiccup. Never had an issue with snow packing but the M37 is a different kind of beast. Without the chains it sucked on snow and ice but those tires are rock hard with no siping.... I recently sold it to its next custodian, a friend’s son with the time to use it regularly. 90 hp, unpowered drum brakes, no synchro in 1st or 2nd, and an empty weight of almost 6000 pounds, no power steering. I still love that truck, but it will be happier in its new home.
Sponsored