Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So could you use a wrangler 2inch lift kit for a bronco?

Sponsored

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looking forward to a Ford engineered 2" lift & 37" BFG

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

whats the point then? I guess this is what the warthog is going to be then? its going to be much more travel with longer A arms
Sometimes you don't particularly need the extra travel, just the extra ground clearance. Driving on the beach, for instance. Driving my buddy's stock Tacoma before and after a lift resulted in a much better experience due to the added ground clearance alone. He did go for a real-deal lift, but spacers would have been fine in his case since you don't exactly articulate much at the beach, you just bottom-out the front crossmember a lot.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my thoughts...

1 I don’t see the 2” and Sas combo being a thing. Most lists, when done right, replace parts to ensure the angles and geometry are correct.

2 what are the differences between the SAS, 2”, and say the Warthog? Seems to be application depending... the SAS is probably the “all around” type lift, where the 2” might be better for those wanting to rock crawl type of driving.

3 any talk of a long travel? Something like what the Raptor/Warthog have? Seems to be a better fit for the WT... IMHO

Thoughts? I know I’d prefer a Baja style build personally. More along the line of off-roading I want to do.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So is the B&P broke still that reflects the 4.7 gearing of no up charge on the BL? Or do you need sas to get it, or is it $1800.00?

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might look at some of the Ranger lifts as they are same platform. I am sure some differences but suspect they will be quick to adapt

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is the B&P broke still that reflects the 4.7 gearing of no up charge on the BL? Or do you need sas to get it, or is it $1800.00?
It's broken. To get 4.7:1 gears you either need a manual Badlands or any Sasquatch.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sometimes you don't particularly need the extra travel, just the extra ground clearance. Driving on the beach, for instance. Driving my buddy's stock Tacoma before and after a lift resulted in a much better experience due to the added ground clearance alone. He did go for a real-deal lift, but spacers would have been fine in his case since you don't exactly articulate much at the beach, you just bottom-out the front crossmember a lot.

Just to be clear for those not familiar with lifts, the lift does not increase clearance, it's the ability to add taller tires that increases clearance.

On my Tacoma, the lift provided better shocks and springs than stock, so in addition to taller tires, I have a much better ride as well.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just to be clear for those not familiar with lifts, the lift does not increase clearance, it's the ability to add taller tires that increases clearance.

On my Tacoma, the lift provided better shocks and springs than stock, so in addition to taller tires, I have a much better ride as well.
You'd be right if you were only talking about solid axles.

If you lift an IFS, you gain clearance.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'd be right if you were only talking about solid axles.

If you lift an IFS, you gain clearance.
No, your clearance is the same, unless your front end was dragging the ground as you still have a solid rear axle. Yes, you may or may not, depending on if the lift has a diff drop, increase the area under the center of the front IFS, but overall clearance is still the same. LCAs are still where they were and rear axle is still where it was.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, your clearance is the same, unless your front end was dragging the ground as you still have a solid rear axle. Yes, you may or may not, depending on if the lift has a diff drop, increase the area under the center of the front IFS, but overall clearance is still the same. LCAs are still where they were and rear axle is still where it was.
Yes, and no. Clearances aren't all the same.. You are correct that the two lowest points (diffs) wont see much if any increased clearance, which is important in some cases.

Adding a lift, though, will increase the clearance of everything else (frame, body, etc)... giving you that much more room before bottoming out in the soft stuff, impacting important parts on the hard stuff, or simply getting high-centered.
Sponsored