Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, and no. Clearances aren't all the same.. You are correct that the two lowest points (diffs) wont see much if any increased clearance, which is important in some cases.

Adding a lift, though, will increase the clearance of everything else (frame, body, etc)... giving you that much more room before bottoming out in the soft stuff, impacting important parts on the hard stuff, or simply getting high-centered.

OK, sure, the frame is higher. The complete rear axle still drag at the same spots. The LCAs still drag at the same spots. The driveshaft input at the rear diff will still drag at the same spot. But, yeah, your frame is sitting higher.
Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will there be a standalone options for 2” lift kit?

Yes. It will be one of 200 accessories in the updated B&P.- from @SHLYGRR interview

This opened up my options tremendously, because my main issue with many of the 4-door models was the low to the ground skateboard look.

Now let’s hope it’s affordable :)
but how will we be able to order it as an option if b&p is updated after ordering :/

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just to be clear for those not familiar with lifts, the lift does not increase clearance, it's the ability to add taller tires that increases clearance.

On my Tacoma, the lift provided better shocks and springs than stock, so in addition to taller tires, I have a much better ride as well.
Well sort of. A lift will raise all components except the Lower control arms (on IFS) and axles/differentials on solid axles, which can help avoid high center type obstacles. Tires will lift everything and sometimes a lift is required to add bigger tires.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but how will we be able to order it as an option if b&p is updated after ordering :/
You can allegedly modify your order through your dealer all the way up until your VIN is assigned and your Bronco is “scheduled to be built” which is typically about 2 weeks before it is put together.

So depending on your time stamp, you could have months to tweak your order and options.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well sort of. A lift will raise all components except the Lower control arms (on IFS) and axles/differentials on solid axles, which can help avoid high center type obstacles. Tires will lift everything and sometimes a lift is required to add bigger tires.

So you're saying all the stuff that drags still drags. It's not so much semantics, but understanding a lift by itself doesn't get all that crap underneath your vehicle out of the way unless you also add taller tires, which is what the lift allows you to do.

I don't care if you want the lift for looks, because yeah, it looks great, and I imagine that's what most people want anyway. But some people here don't understand 4wd vehicles and think a 2 inch lift is going to allow them to drive over 2 inch taller stuff than before, and that's not the case.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you're saying all the stuff that drags still drags. It's not so much semantics, but understanding a lift by itself doesn't get all that crap underneath your vehicle out of the way unless you also add taller tires, which is what the lift allows you to do.

I don't care if you want the lift for looks, because yeah, it looks great, and I imagine that's what most people want anyway. But some people here don't understand 4wd vehicles and think a 2 inch lift is going to allow them to drive over 2 inch taller stuff than before, and that's not the case.
Well no. If you were driving a straight line over 8" or 10" or 12" obstacles sure, but that's generally not the case. Having stuff like the full tank (particularly low in the new Bronco) say 2" higher will allow the driver to pick a line avoiding hang up on that component. Placing wheels on obstacles elevates the low hanging axle but may drop your low hanging mid section firmly atop, happens all the time.

All other generations of Broncos had smaller tires, so the axles were lower. But, everything else, transmission, transfer case, frame rails and fuel tank were higher, making them very capable off road.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well no. If you were driving a straight line over 8" or 10" or 12" obstacles sure, but that's generally not the case. Having stuff like the full tank (particularly low in the new Bronco) say 2" higher will allow the driver to pick a line avoiding hang up on that component. Placing wheels on obstacles elevates the low hanging axle but may drop your low hanging mid section firmly atop, happens all the time.

All other generations of Broncos had smaller tires, so the axles were lower. But, everything else, transmission, transfer case, frame rails and fuel tank were higher, making them very capable off road.

I guess as long as you can always find a line to get your tires on top of the obstacle instead of having to get the axle over it(or through it), you're golden.
For me, I'll take a lift plus taller tires for added clearance. Doesn't really matter to me how others do it. Newbies might just be surprised when that axle isn't any higher off the ground after the lift than before though.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess as long as you can always find a line to get your tires on top of the obstacle instead of having to get the axle over it(or through it), you're golden.
For me, I'll take a lift plus taller tires for added clearance. Doesn't really matter to me how others do it. Newbies might just be surprised when that axle isn't any higher off the ground after the lift than before though.
Agreed. In other terms: a lift will increase Angle of Approach, Departure and Ramp Breakover without tire size increase.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait, you mean things will drag on cruise nights at the mall?

/s

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, sure, the frame is higher. The complete rear axle still drag at the same spots. The LCAs still drag at the same spots. The driveshaft input at the rear diff will still drag at the same spot. But, yeah, your frame is sitting higher.
I can honestly say that the only times I've ever been truly stuck were when the body or frame of my vehicle was touching the mud/snow/whatever. That is when friction is (usually) too great for the tires to pull you out on their own. Yeah different lifts do different things, but none are useless.

Maybe we should warn the "newbs" that you only get 1/2" lift for every 1" in tire size. Would hate for them to be surprised at their useless purchase. ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. In other terms: a lift will increase Angle of Approach, Departure and Ramp Breakover without tire size increase.
Exactly...so it will make a major difference in “clearance”...it is amazing that someone who has no idea what he is talking about is on here trying to give reminders for “newbies”. A lift is great at gaining actual usable clearance that helps you clear obstacles, even if minimum ground clearance (diffs) stays the same.

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those who haven't been stuck in very deep snow. With a 4x4 truck/jeep type vehicle you can drive thru snow with both axles and suspension components plowing thru the snow easily with locking diffs. However once the frame and entire under body is sitting on the snow your stuck. I have had snow support a loaded F150 to where the suspension is completely unloaded and tires are spinning and still a couple inches off the ground. It will completely fill all the underbody voids with snow and when it's sub zero degrees out the engine and exhaust will not melt the snow. At this point your need a long handle shovels and buddy's to help. In one particular instance, after 4 of us spending several hours removing the snow from under the entire truck it still would not drop down as the snow was packed into the suspension so hard it wouldn't come down and took another 4x4 with snatch strap to break it loose. A suspension lift definitely helps in extreme deep snow.
Sponsored