Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I see lots of post related to the Zone spacers and not many regarding the SVC perch lift. Why is that?
The perch lifts use added spring tension(all I’ve read is that people like the bit of firmer ride)to lift, while the Zone spacers have nothing to do with spring tension, am I correct?
I just installed some 35/10.50 17 Kenda RTs on my 22 Badlands 4dr. I found some Black Diamond steelies and had them powder coated a semi flat black(didn’t care for the shine). They balanced out easily and look great…to me. I can’t make them rub anywhere on the chassis even with the tires tucked at full lock.
I just think a 2” lift would look perfect with these tires especially on the 4dr platform.
Any insight as to which 2” lift would be preferred between the two? I’m not wanting to change the rake front to back at all….I pull a Opus OP4 and need the 1” or so rake.
Ford Bronco 2” SVC perch lift vs. 2” Zone spacer 3429FE9A-94E3-4031-83F8-1CB9F309110E
Sponsored

OP
OP
AMTRV

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Thanks. I have had the SVC 2.25” perch lift for a while, but before I start the installation process I thought I’d ask someone smarter than me in this regard 😉

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see lots of post related to the Zone spacers and not many regarding the SVC perch lift. Why is that?
The perch lifts use added spring tension(all I’ve read is that people like the bit of firmer ride)to lift, while the Zone spacers have nothing to do with spring tension, am I correct?
I just installed some 35/10.50 17 Kenda RTs on my 22 Badlands 4dr. I found some Black Diamond steelies and had them powder coated a semi flat black(didn’t care for the shine). They balanced out easily and look great…to me. I can’t make them rub anywhere on the chassis even with the tires tucked at full lock.
I just think a 2” lift would look perfect with these tires especially on the 4dr platform.
Any insight as to which 2” lift would be preferred between the two? I’m not wanting to change the rake front to back at all….I pull a Opus OP4 and need the 1” or so rake.
Ford Bronco 2” SVC perch lift vs. 2” Zone spacer 3429FE9A-94E3-4031-83F8-1CB9F309110E
The Zone 2” for the Badlands is kind of like a Hybrid as it also has SPC’s included

Ford2201

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 - 2014 JKU - 1997 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put the SVC perches on my 2-door. Simple install and perfect amount of lift to add 285/75R17 on factory steelies

Ford Bronco 2” SVC perch lift vs. 2” Zone spacer 5446FF33-15F4-474C-A51C-38BE482892A7

Ford Bronco 2” SVC perch lift vs. 2” Zone spacer F72BA613-7944-4100-84DF-C3D15831B530
Ford Bronco 2” SVC perch lift vs. 2” Zone spacer 3DA9027D-424E-4DB5-97CD-F61D823CB81C

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a bit of a trade off in choosing your kit. The Zone kit uses what’s likely an 1-1/4” top hat spacer which won’t affect your ride quality or amount of up/down travel you have. It’ll also give you a new bump position which will clear 37s if you upgrade to them later. The perch collar lift will preload the spring, which will make your ride stiffer and take away downtravel for the same amount of up travel. However, you might need a UCA for one or both of the kits if you’re trying to stay in spec on your alignment. Otherwise, you’ll likely just be low on the caster and slightly out of spec on camber. I doubt it’d be enough to affect tire wear to any significant degree though.

Your other IFS components won’t care how you lifted it, only that you lifted it.

OP
OP
AMTRV

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put the SVC perches on my 2-door. Simple install and perfect amount of lift to add 285/75R17 on factory steelies

Ford Bronco 2” SVC perch lift vs. 2” Zone spacer 3DA9027D-424E-4DB5-97CD-F61D823CB81C

Love your 2dr!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
AMTRV

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, these replies are exactly what I expected. Some think the perch lift is better, some think spacers are great and some think a hybrid lift is better.
There probably is a definitive answer as to what 2" lift is best in all respects for a non-sas Badlands that will get used off-road a lot, but doubt I'd find it without trying all of them personally......I can't do that. I'm not spending thousands of $ to change out what is already a fabulous suspension to go new coilovers either.
Probably the best answer is to leave it stock since my choice in tires works quite well as is....but, I can't really leave anything stock!
Thanks for all the replies/suggestions......that's exactly what I asked for!
Have a great weekend!
n

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The zone lift will ruin your suspension geometry and performance while the svc or any perch collar for that matter will keep things in spec
Not true and you shouldn't be touching any suspension.

Nothing wrong with spacers as long as you don't bind the system at full droop. Most of the kits are a combination of spacer and perch collar. Long as you don't go past point of ball joints or cv axle limits either lift will work. The geometry at ride height stays the same with either lift.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not true and you shouldn't be touching any suspension.

Nothing wrong with spacers as long as you don't bind the system at full droop. Most of the kits are a combination of spacer and perch collar. Long as you don't go past point of ball joints or cv axle limits either lift will work. The geometry at ride height stays the same with either lift.
I didn't realize the zone kit also had perch collars. It doesn't really make sense to do it that way instead of simply gaining all the height by preload besides the slightly negative effect on ride quality. If you don't think adding a spacer changed geometry you are a fool, that's exactly what the spacer does. I work on trucks all the time with spacers and it's a nightmare because everything is bound up and colliding. I don't know whether or not the zone kit will do this but if it's like the other 99% of spacer kits it'll bind. If it's a street driven vehicle, spacers are ok but of its going offroad they shouldn't even be a consideration since there are alternatives at similar price point that do the same thing much better. High performance offroad suspension is my specialty so it kinda triggers me when someone takes a nice suspension setup with some good shocks and messes it all up with a cheapo lift. It's like putting high heels on an Olympic runner.

OP
OP
AMTRV

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize the zone kit also had perch collars. It doesn't really make sense to do it that way instead of simply gaining all the height by preload besides the slightly negative effect on ride quality. If you don't think adding a spacer changed geometry you are a fool, that's exactly what the spacer does. I work on trucks all the time with spacers and it's a nightmare because everything is bound up and colliding. I don't know whether or not the zone kit will do this but if it's like the other 99% of spacer kits it'll bind. If it's a street driven vehicle, spacers are ok but of its going offroad they shouldn't even be a consideration since there are alternatives at similar price point that do the same thing much better. High performance offroad suspension is my specialty so it kinda triggers me when someone takes a nice suspension setup with some good shocks and messes it all up with a cheapo lift. It's like putting high heels on an Olympic runner.
How do you feel about simple perch collars for a 2" lift on a non-sas Badlands.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you feel about simple perch collars for a 2" lift on a non-sas Badlands.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just be ready for a slightly rougher ride but nothing crazy. Also I'd assume that the 33s will look small after the lift so you'll probably want to step things up.
Sponsored