Sponsored

2,000 Mile Review (My 2022 Wildtrak 4-door MIC hardtop)

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I first want to let folks know I was a day 1 order, within the first couple hours. Website went down and could not get my order in but kept trying and finally was able to reserve an FE. I changed my order from an FE to a Wildtrak when I converted my order with Serramonte Ford Dealership. BTW, Huge shout out to the Serramonte Ford team for being a First-Class Dealership in all aspects of the buy side process.

I’m going to make this review easy and fast with the top three things I like and dislike. These are only my opinions so don’t get your feelings hurt if you disagree or want to add more. I also listed some day 1 issues I experienced.

Day 1 issues list I will bring up at my first dealer service. Please, no need to respond and solve these as I’ve been through the forums and just getting folks to agree where and what the dash USB/Type C charger is took up more time than I’m willing to give. I’ll let the dealer take a look at first service.

• Dash USB/Type C charger doesn’t work in any way shape or form
  • Passenger side door has a substantial rattle on normal road bumps (All other doors are good)
Top three likes

• The ride compared to Jeep JL Rubicon is substantially better both high and low speeds
  • 2.7 Engine feels fast at all speeds.
  • Ease of use for the maps and connected services Ford offers. I don’t need Android Auto anymore for maps or any other map service. However, I don’t like all the permissions needed for extras, more on that below.
Top three dislikes

• I have the newer MIC hardtop and for me it looks good, however when you get 55MPH and higher there is substantial wind noise, similar to your worst-case jeep hard top.
  • If you go off road, you need to have some serious mud flaps to protect and block mud from door handles and paint. One drive I had mud caked on the handles over just lightly muddy roads. Snow and ice do the same which is even worse than mud, since it can freeze while driving long distances. They should come standard or mandatory.
  • Ford Journey tracking requires permissions ALL THE TIME on my android phone. I should be able to use the app and have those permissions only while inside the vehicle turned on. Maybe folks have another workaround way they are using the app without giving permissions even while away from the vehicle. (Constantly switching permission on and off is not something I should have to do)
If I can say anything for the folks still waiting, YES, it is worth the wait and NO don’t change anything about your vehicle just to try and get it earlier if there is still no guarantee on when you will get it.

Screenshot_20220404-131614.png
Sponsored

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your Bronco looks awesome man! I heard the dash usb is power only or something like that.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad to see another Serramonte delivery. One less in line :)

You mentioned the drivability and wind noise in your JL? Ever been in a JK? My JK drives beautifully, and there really isn't any wind noise inside to speak of.

Just wondering for comparison sake. I think they changed the front windshield angle on the JLs but not sure.

OP
OP
northshoreboarder

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Glad to see another Serramonte delivery. One less in line :)

You mentioned the drivability and wind noise in your JL? Ever been in a JK? My JK drives beautifully, and there really isn't any wind noise inside to speak of.

Just wondering for comparison sake. I think they changed the front windshield angle on the JLs but not sure.
I didn't have a JK, went right from CJ to JL. Would be good to know if windshield angle played a role.

Sponsored

VinnyC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're Bronco looks great. I appreciate the review, much appreciated. I just received my 2022 WildTrak (4-door) last week. Loving it so far. Almost have 200 miles... looking forward to opening it up. Lastly, you might want to consider Rhino D6 step boards. Help with getting in and out, door dings, and potentially your ice and mud issues.

OP
OP
northshoreboarder

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're Bronco looks great. I appreciate the review, much appreciated. I just received my 2022 WildTrak (4-door) last week. Loving it so far. Almost have 200 miles... looking forward to opening it up. Lastly, you might want to consider Rhino D6 step boards. Help with getting in and out, door dings, and potentially your ice and mud issues.
Thanks much, will check them out. I've been waiting trying to decide as more after market items come out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
northshoreboarder

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You will definitely need two people. I bought my neighbor a pack of beer and we knocked it out in 2.5hrs.
Damn, might have to get the wife to help then. my neighbors are not the beer type.

Peppington

Outer Banks
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great review! I’m planning on putting in an order for a build just like that when the 23’s open up. Crossing my fingers for painted tops that block out more wind noise

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations on the delivery of your new Bronco! Happy to hear you love it as much as we do. :)
Sponsored