First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they use the term "EDD" or "ETA"? The "ETA" is a new thing...means your truck goes before the parole board, nothing else I guess. Did they say "plant hold"? These are new terms they are just using now...I would suppose a new set of style points was handed down to CSS last week. Just trying to cypher what the latest CS lingo means🤔

P.S. Gripe away! Thats what this thread is for!
The specifically said No Plant Hold. Just waiting for carrier pickup to be arrranged. Pretty certain she said Estimated Delivery Date which has moved from 3/14 to 3/21 to 3/24 to now 4/4...

To follow on my other idea, with them committing to getting out the 2021 MY by 3/31, possibly that is the reason for the delay. Getting all those 21s on the trucks, which, if so, I'm happy their long personal nightmare is soon to be over.

Like I said, I know it will be here and be fine, but I hate not having information and so many variables. Anyone who knows me will tell you, I'm not a patient person... I think this has been pretty impressive for me... lol.
Sponsored

DannyBoy83

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"Plant hold" sounds horrible.

Since I'm here I'll share an update about my Bronco. Maybe someone else is in a similar situation.

Mine got built on 2/24 and up until yesterday I was not able to get a rail car #. I've been messaging with Ford via Ford Chat about once a week asking for updates. All they could tell me was that it was being railed via BNSF but they could not tell me a rail car #. I messaged Ford Chat again yesterday and they finally had a rail car # for me and they were able to tell me that it arrived to the rail yard in Richmond, CA, about 80 miles from my dealership. I asked them if they could see how long it had been in Richmond and they didn't know exactly but it had been there at least since March 17.

I let my dealership know and they told me that the transport trucks that bring in the new vehicles to the dealership basically shop up at random.

As of tmw, it will be one month since my Bronco was built.

For comparison sake, a good friend of mine just got a brand new Toyota Tundra. All Tundras are built in Texas. It took six days for his Tundra to go from the TX plant to a rail yard in Southern California and he picked it up at the dealership a day later so total time from plant to customer was 7 days.

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 SVT Terminator Cobra, Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was built on March 6th and finally showed up at the dealer today. Salesmen texted me and said the truck just showed up you ordered a 2 door correct...I said yes and asked it was velocity blue and he said it was. He went and checked the VIN once it was off the truck and it was mine. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Looks like the wait is finally over.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was built on March 6th and finally showed up at the dealer today. Salesmen texted me and said the truck just showed up you ordered a 2 door correct...I said yes and asked it was velocity blue and he said it was. He went and checked the VIN once it was off the truck and it was mine. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Looks like the wait is finally over.
Super jealous! Hope all goes well, and enjoy! Just don't forget all us poor saps left behind!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The specifically said No Plant Hold. Just waiting for carrier pickup to be arrranged. Pretty certain she said Estimated Delivery Date which has moved from 3/14 to 3/21 to 3/24 to now 4/4...

To follow on my other idea, with them committing to getting out the 2021 MY by 3/31, possibly that is the reason for the delay. Getting all those 21s on the trucks, which, if so, I'm happy their long personal nightmare is soon to be over.

Like I said, I know it will be here and be fine, but I hate not having information and so many variables. Anyone who knows me will tell you, I'm not a patient person... I think this has been pretty impressive for me... lol.
Generally speaking I AM fairly patient, and this debacle has begun to wear on me...so I will give you credit! I agree, the 21MY chumps deserve a break, and if delaying mine helps them, then sure...but knowing how this has worked so far, I doubt delaying us helps them at all. I also HIGHLY doubt that all 21MY will be shipped by 3/31. Ford has not met a single self imposed deadline during this launch yet, I don't see them ruining a perfect record now!

Sponsored

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Super jealous! Hope all goes well, and enjoy! Just don't forget all us poor saps left behind!
Haha I won’t. I’ll post pics after I get. At the bank now finalizing everything

Crush0205

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I just talked to Ford today and got told the same thing. My bronco is built and waiting for shipping, but there is some kind of plant delay. Not with my order just with the shipping for some reason. This is when the dealer model really bothers me. It would be faster/cheaper for me to just take a flight to MI pick up my bronco and save the destination fee.

Tenneran

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just talked to Ford today and got told the same thing. My bronco is built and waiting for shipping, but there is some kind of plant delay. Not with my order just with the shipping for some reason. This is when the dealer model really bothers me. It would be faster/cheaper for me to just take a flight to MI pick up my bronco and save the destination fee.
I know, right? I'd gladly go pick it up myself, or pay someone to transport it out at this point...

For what it's worth, I have been watching my dealer's website and they added a 2021 model that according to the window sticker was built in September. So I'm guessing it's been sitting on the mountain. Hopefully if they are shipping that they can add mine to the truck with the 2 others expecting to ship this week too...

I see you're in PA too, so fingers crossed you'll be on same truck.

Sponsored

Crush0205

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know, right? I'd gladly go pick it up myself, or pay someone to transport it out at this point...

For what it's worth, I have been watching my dealer's website and they added a 2021 model that according to the window sticker was built in September. So I'm guessing it's been sitting on the mountain. Hopefully if they are shipping that they can add mine to the truck with the 2 others expecting to ship this week too...

I see you're in PA too, so fingers crossed you'll be on same truck.
Yes I hope it gets here soon, the rep from Ford gave me a 3/22 - 3/28 arrival date. However since I'm a 22MY now I think that's why I'm not shipped. Ford has made the statement to get all MY21 by the end of the month, so I just have to wait even more.

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still doesn’t seem real but I finally have it. This color is amazing I absolutely love it. For those still waiting hang in there ….. worth the wait.
Not happy that the dealership put the front plate mount on after it was noted not to. My salesman is looking into getting the trim piece that was drilled into replaced. Also looking into putting 35’s on it
Ford Bronco 2/21/2022 Build Week Group 36B838FD-23AD-4FC0-8CF4-517D997F03DC
Ford Bronco 2/21/2022 Build Week Group 57719D80-B3D5-42A7-B2A3-656DB213C837
Ford Bronco 2/21/2022 Build Week Group 3DBB1570-8C4F-4AEC-92C2-A6ABD7669846
Ford Bronco 2/21/2022 Build Week Group 7802C1C7-FC1E-4672-8D74-264BC7934BE8

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2/21/2022 Build Week Group AC219F50-D9F4-4467-8D6F-4882FA282C20
I’ll echo others - the wait is worth it! Stay strong fellow 2/21ers!

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Once I knew mine had been transferred from rail to the truck, I was able to use the pals app. See directions on page 62 of this thread. It explains how to edit the webpage so you can enter the vin.

Below care the directions once I did this I could enter my vin and get the status. See the other screen shot I attached

I thought PALS was only for those leaving plant via convoy. So after the train trip PALS should work. Did the trick and it still shows pending. Damn
Sponsored