First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reason this is horrible is because we are guessing at everything with very little info. colors, interiors and worst of all. a ship date that may be the end of the year or the following. I don't think this will be a fun process with so much up in the air and the wait will be the worst. Oh i'm thinking 2.7 auto 4door until i know what the price is of the options, engines and tops are.. so really everything
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7L auto all day. The torque and injection.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was all about the 2.3 and manual, but then when I found out I cant get the manual with the MID package, which I want mainly for Intel access and auto climate control, that rules out the manual. Now that opens me up to the V6, but since the V6 is so close in power to the 2.3, it seems kinda pointless. If it was between the 2.3l and the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, that would be a harder decision. But as of right now, Im leaning towards the 2.3L with Automatic.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was all about the 2.3 and manual, but then when I found out I cant get the manual with the MID package, which I want mainly for Intel access and auto climate control, that rules out the manual. Now that opens me up to the V6, but since the V6 is so close in power to the 2.3, it seems kinda pointless. If it was between the 2.3l and the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, that would be a harder decision. But as of right now, Im leaning towards the 2.3L with Automatic.
Badlands.

Ford Bronco 2.3 4 cylinder with 10 speed auto FlickeringCooperativeArabianhorse-size_restricted[1]

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Badlands.

Ford Bronco 2.3 4 cylinder with 10 speed auto FlickeringCooperativeArabianhorse-size_restricted[1]
Yeah but, I dont like the all black interior, the orange accents, or the badge. Black Diamond all the way. Ive kinda moved on from the manual anyway, because I think Id probably get tired of shifting.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wifes Ecoboost Mustang she use to own was a 2.3 10speed and was a blast to drive. I know the numbers are not the same but nothing a tune cant easily fix.

Have no worries getting the 2.3 if funds dont allow for the 2.7.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah but, I dont like the all black interior, the orange accents, or the badge. Black Diamond all the way. Ive kinda moved on from the manual anyway, because I think Id probably get tired of shifting.
The marine grade vinyl will be identical between BD and BL. Contrast stitching will be different.

But I get your intent with shifting. Most people seem to be pretty tired of driving in any capacity which isn't automated for them these days. Adaptive cruise control, auto on/off headlights, auto on/off wipers, auto collision avoidance, automatic transmission, non-operable turn signals or lane awareness the list grows as humans check out of mentally.

Ultimately cars in 50 years will simply be you saying in an address and it whisking you away (as seen in Demolition Man or Total Recall).

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The marine grade vinyl will be identical between BD and BL. Contrast stitching will be different.

But I get your intent with shifting. Most people seem to be pretty tired of driving in any capacity which isn't automated for them these days. Adaptive cruise control, auto on/off headlights, auto on/off wipers, auto collision avoidance, automatic transmission, non-operable turn signals or lane awareness the list grows as humans check out of mentally.

Ultimately cars in 50 years will simply be you saying in an address and it whisking you away (as seen in Demolition Man or Total Recall).
I think the MGV in the BL is all black isnt it?

Yeah, it is, just checked on B&P. All Black. Black Diamond MGV is black with lots of gray. I hate all black interiors.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the MGV in the BL is all black isnt it?
The CGI pics Ford has provided are sketchy at best. I have only seen BL in person (overland concept) and spoke with the product developer who was on-site. He said there were no variations in color for MGV in the Bronco's at time of launch. MGV comes in thousands of colors and it's likely that when the Mid Model Refresh happens you'll have color choices along with pattern choices (this is my guess, not something he has said!).

This is "black" MGV as described by Ford. I took this pic in the Seattle event.... Okay, too far off topic. PM if you want to discuss this further! Happy to talk Bronco and be proven dead wrong!
Ford Bronco 2.3 4 cylinder with 10 speed auto 20201023_115734

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The CGI pics Ford has provided are sketchy at best. I have only seen BL in person (overland concept) and spoke with the product developer who was on-site. He said there were no variations in color for MGV in the Bronco's at time of launch. MGV comes in thousands of colors and it's likely that when the Mid Model Refresh happens you'll have color choices along with pattern choices (this is my guess, not something he has said!).

This is "black" MGV as described by Ford. I took this pic in the Seattle event.... Okay, too far off topic. PM if you want to discuss this further! Happy to talk Bronco and be proven dead wrong!
20201023_115734.jpg
Yeah that interior I just cant do. If it looked like this....

Ford Bronco 2.3 4 cylinder with 10 speed auto Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 3.12.14 PM

then Id probably do a manual, 2.3L with MID Badlands without Sasquatch.

flamingojoe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been back and forth between the manual and the 10 speed automatic and just assumed that if I went with the automatic I would bump it up to the 2.7L given that its available. I noticed today however on the B&P that bumping up to the 2.7L also precludes you from getting a roof rack? I have seen references to some sort of GVWR requirements limiting the vehicle weight which could explain the reasoning behind this but I'm not really clear on all that. I was really keen on the roof rack as I love the versatility that it adds and it makes the Bronco look more complete IMO. Am I foolish to step it down to the 2.3L + Auto just to be able to add on the roof rack? Would I be better off taking the 2.7L and getting an aftermarket roof rack later? Would that even be an option?
Sponsored