Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As I'm sure there will be a ManSquatch Club, I figured I'd start one for the 2.3 Auto Sasquatch crew. I also figure that this will be a small group....some might say "select". So let me know what you have ordered! Going to keep it to those that have put the order in...have to see the dedication!

Emailed order on 1/19/21, confirmed on 1/20/21. Here it is:

Base
4 Door
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Floor Liners
Velocity Blue
Soft Top
Sponsored

Last edited:

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You may get your Sasquatch before all the 2.7 peeps. I think your making the right move with the 2.3 Plenty of motor

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You may get your Sasquatch before all the 2.7 peeps. I think your making the right move with the 2.3 Plenty of motor
I'm hoping the 2.3 will be plenty. Gearing and tranny should make it plenty usable!

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping the 2.3 will be plenty. Gearing and tranny should make it plenty usable!
My employer recently issued me a new Explorer with the 2.3 and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the 2.3/10a combo. Plenty of power and fun to drive.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My POV Explorer has the NA 3.5, which is good. The 2.3 has about 100 more torque. That plus the 10 speed have me reconsidering my life choices. Joking, just giving the four banger a second look.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I'm sure there will be a ManSquatch Club, I figured I'd start one for the 2.3 Auto Sasquatch crew. I also figure that this will be a small group....some might say "select". So let me know what you have ordered! Going to keep it to those that have put the order in...have to see the dedication!

Emailed order on 1/19/21, confirmed on 1/20/21. Here it is:

Base
4 Door
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Floor Liners
Velocity Blue
Soft Top
Do you see this as a sweet spot for value? What is your reasoning?

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you see this as a sweet spot for value? What is your reasoning?
Guess the biggest thing was what I project to be about 120-150 pound weight savings over the 2.7. Little more room in the engine compartment (maybe?). The $2K savings helped, but wasn't a big factor.

As for a sweet spot in value, for my use a Big Bend with locker and mid package is probably the best value. I still think the 2.3 will be fine, just not "super".

I have been having second thoughts on going Sasquatch! I don't need any of it, just want it. I may end up dumping Sasquatch and going up to a Big Bend. Still have a couple of months til I really need to decide.

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond
-4 door
-Cactus Grey
-2.3 auto
-Sasquatch
-sof top
-mid
-tow hitch
My build exactly, except hard top.

Funny that 2.3A/Sas is such a small club. I chose 2.3A mainly due to price, it just doesn't seem worth it to add the 2.7 when I'm already spending more than I initially wanted to. I already made that tradeoff between 2.7 Basesquatch because the MGV/washout and Mid package are all things I think I want more than not having them and having the 2.7.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My build exactly, except hard top.

Funny that 2.3A/Sas is such a small club. I chose 2.3A mainly due to price, it just doesn't seem worth it to add the 2.7 when I'm already spending more than I initially wanted to. I already made that tradeoff between 2.7 Basesquatch because the MGV/washout and Mid package are all things I think I want more than not having them and having the 2.7.
I am thinking about changing to the exact build as well. My uncle is friends with the local Ford shop manager and I had him ask about both the 2.7l and 2.3l. He said both engines do not come in for repair often and both make enough power for what they are. I just wish I knew a little about projected MPG. Nomally I don't really care about it, but with all the talk of new gas taxes coming and the natural rise in prices as the world starts turning it has made me curious.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking about changing to the exact build as well. My uncle is friends with the local Ford shop manager and I had him ask about both the 2.7l and 2.3l. He said both engines do not come in for repair often and both make enough power for what they are. I just wish I knew a little about projected MPG. Nomally I don't really care about it, but with all the talk of new gas taxes coming and the natural rise in prices as the world starts turning it has made me curious.
Funny, fuel economy wasn't really even a consideration for me haha, really only price tradeoffs and "will the 2.3 feel like enough". I think fuel economy differences will be negligible. A quick google search shows that the Ranger Tremor package (less aero and more weight in skid plates and such) is rated at 20/24/22, and a regular (heavier) 4x4 F150 with the 2.7 is 19/24/22. Like all ecoboosts, the 2.3 and 2.7 are very efficient when driven mildly, and start to drink a lot more when you keep them in the boost. MPG is gonna heavily factor on people's driving habits and weight carried in the vehicle.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most of you will be pleasantly surprised with the performance and probably somewhat disappointed with the economy. We have both a Ranger Super Crew 4x4 2.3L and Super Crew F150 4x4 2.7L in our family stable. Drag race isn't as lopsided as I expected, maybe 1 car length at 60, 2 at 1/4 mile?. Driven on similar loops, economy is roughly 10% better on 2.3 w/less weight and smaller tires. Probably smaller margin in the Bronco/same to same model and features. I happened to get exposure to the 2.3 4DR SQ and it was 100% good to go in normal street driving, reinforcing my expectation that the gearing and 10sp would make the 2.3 adequate. I ordered a 2.7, but will move to 2.3 with no hesitation, depending on constraints and timing of delivery.
Sponsored