Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I currently have a 4dr:
Badlands
Soft top
Sasquatch

I’m debating on switching to a 2.3 to help offset some costs and to hopefully get it in MY21. I know it’s anyone’s guess, but what does everyone think my chances are if I have a 7/23 reservation? Did someone have a similar build with that late of reservation? I also really don’t wanna give up the squatch…
I have a BB 4D 2.3 soft Sas with a build date of 8/4. I was a later reservation. The month coming up for scheduling there should be a lot of BB and BL with this build.
Sponsored

gwrjones

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Friday I had the opportunity to test drive a mannequin 4D Auto Sasquatch Badlands. I pulled out of the parking lot into fast moving traffic and immediately thought "Wow! This must be the 2.7L! It has some get up and go!" It was so much quicker than my manual 2020 JL with a 3.6L pentastar. I was shocked to look at the window sticker afterwards and see 2.3L. Incredible.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2.3 Auto Sasquatch Club 4827969D-8F8C-4A50-8DA6-F064B3F827A3

I test drove this beauty twice this week, loved every second. The 2.3L and squatch is a beautiful combo! I loved it so much, I’m converting my 2nd order and buying a 2 door and a 4 door Sasquatch Bronco. Ya’ll will not be disappointed, you’re going to love it!

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Friday I had the opportunity to test drive a mannequin 4D Auto Sasquatch Badlands. I pulled out of the parking lot into fast moving traffic and immediately thought "Wow! This must be the 2.7L! It has some get up and go!" It was so much quicker than my manual 2020 JL with a 3.6L pentastar. I was shocked to look at the window sticker afterwards and see 2.3L. Incredible.
Most any automatic is faster these days, but I really doubt it was faster.
The tests are in. You just have to read them...

gwrjones

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most any automatic is faster these days, but I really doubt it was faster.
The tests are in. You just have to read them...
Never said faster (which I actually typed originally, thought about, and said to myself, no, quicker) Not saying it has a better 0-60, quarter mile, etc. But it is subjectively quicker pulling out into traffic. I've had a manual JKU and a manual JLU, and I've driven an auto JKU quite a bit. I would prefer that Bronco when pulling out into traffic 10 times out of 10. Loved my Jeeps, but this Bronco definitely feels quicker in real life situations. It was also noticed by my passenger in these ride who's been in Jeeps going back to his CJ7.

Point of all this is, the 2.3 is more than sufficient, especially for someone like me that might be concerned coming from a naturally aspirated JK or JL.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never said faster (which I actually typed originally, thought about, and said to myself, no, quicker) Not saying it has a better 0-60, quarter mile, etc. But it is subjectively quicker pulling out into traffic. I've had a manual JKU and a manual JLU, and I've driven an auto JKU quite a bit. I would prefer that Bronco when pulling out into traffic 10 times out of 10. Loved my Jeeps, but this Bronco definitely feels quicker in real life situations. It was also noticed by my passenger in these ride who's been in Jeeps going back to his CJ7.

Point of all this is, the 2.3 is more than sufficient, especially for someone like me that might be concerned coming from a naturally aspirated JK or JL.
You could be right here on some or all accounts, but the 2.3 Car and Driver tested was a manual.
They dropped the clutch at 5K (something that is not advisable if it's yours). Guess we will wait a see about the 2.3 with the automatic. Yes, 2.3 probably is sufficient but not the best (that's the 2.7). Unless you prefer to shift and not -clutch dropping...

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody have theirs delivered yet??
I'm supposed to blend on 8/4. Hopefully will get it soon after. All depends on convoy. I'm only about 4ish hours from the plant.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm supposed to blend on 8/4. Hopefully will get it soon after. All depends on convoy. I'm only about 4ish hours from the plant.
Mine is 8/05 blend, but it’s gotta go all the way to West Texas. Here’s to our soon to be built Broncos 🍻

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have a 8/21/20 reservation and got a build date! I switched my reservation to a Base 4 door 2.3 auto with Sasquatch and soft top. I have a 7/14 reservation which hopefully means I have a solid chance to get a build date very soon. Fingers crossed 🤞

Sponsored
OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have a 8/21/20 reservation and got a build date! I switched my reservation to a Base 4 door 2.3 auto with Sasquatch and soft top. I have a 7/14 reservation which hopefully means I have a solid chance to get a build date very soon. Fingers crossed 🤞
I'm one of the lucky ones! Good luck to you!

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I'm sure there will be a ManSquatch Club, I figured I'd start one for the 2.3 Auto Sasquatch crew. I also figure that this will be a small group....some might say "select". So let me know what you have ordered! Going to keep it to those that have put the order in...have to see the dedication!

Emailed order on 1/19/21, confirmed on 1/20/21. Here it is:

Base
4 Door
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Floor Liners
Velocity Blue
Soft Top
I ordered almost the same thing:
2 Door**
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Velocity Blue
Hard top**

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay....so this past Saturday I was able to take a spin in 4DR 2.7 Wildtrak with mid package. Tested out ECO, Regular and Sport modes. No off-road, but my wife did her best impression of an autocross racer in parking lot weaving in and out of the cement islands. I'll say this, if the 2.3 is 80% of the 2.7 I'll be fine. Handling was fine. 30 mph over small speed bumps was fine. View was okay, better than Jeep, but not my F150. To me, tire and top noise wasn't that bad and should be okay with it. Radio, for me is usable, but I'm also coming from a 2006 F-150 were 2 of the 4 speakers were messed up. I could see why people aren't happy, but replacing the 4 4" speakers should do wonders and maybe a pair of low profile subs in the kick panels.

In all....I'll be happy with it as is, but have an idea of what I'd like to improve.

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update....my Bronco has landed at the dealer and I'll be getting her tomorrow at 9am. Life is disrupting getting her today (work, kids volleyball game and the Shinedown concert). I did take the day off from work tomorrow, so I'll be able to get some quality time and miles on her.

I know....pics or it didn't happen!

Ford Bronco 2.3 Auto Sasquatch Club IMG_2660[1].JPG

Courtesy of the dealership!