First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ram trx, 2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my 2.3 has been nothing but problems since I got it after one week A/C quit working it was a sensor no biggie vehicle down a couple days. I drive 50-100 miles a day no problem first road trip I went on after about 2 hours on the hi way it goes reduced engine power tells me to service engine I checks all the fluids everything is good start it back up itā€™s running fine again it was a short road trip so it seems it was just a malfunction on the way home it happened again I got home and while I was waiting for an appointment it didnā€™t happen anymore In the mean time a couple weeks later my low oil pressure light comes on I get out check the oil everything is fine calls the dealer they tell me to bring it in right away so I did and they tell me itā€™s just a sensor no biggie and that will fix both problems Iā€™m having a couple weeks later Iā€™m on another road trip same problem reduced engine power gets the vehicle back home and my low oil pressure light starts going off again kill the car for a few minutes and everything is fine just now has a service engine light I had an appointment to bring it in Monday Saturday the low oil pressure light comes back on only this time with a power loss and what seems to be some engine noise that shouldnā€™t be there. Itā€™s at the dealer now has anyone else been experiencing similar issues
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Didn't some of the 2.3s have turbo issues? I'd start a search with that to see if others had the same problem.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't some of the 2.3s have turbo issues? I'd start a search with that to see if others had the same problem.
Wastegate actuators were corroding/seizing. Nothing like what OP is describing

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my 2.3 has been nothing but problems since I got it after one week A/C quit working it was a sensor no biggie vehicle down a couple days. I drive 50-100 miles a day no problem first road trip I went on after about 2 hours on the hi way it goes reduced engine power tells me to service engine I checks all the fluids everything is good start it back up itā€™s running fine again it was a short road trip so it seems it was just a malfunction on the way home it happened again I got home and while I was waiting for an appointment it didnā€™t happen anymore In the mean time a couple weeks later my low oil pressure light comes on I get out check the oil everything is fine calls the dealer they tell me to bring it in right away so I did and they tell me itā€™s just a sensor no biggie and that will fix both problems Iā€™m having a couple weeks later Iā€™m on another road trip same problem reduced engine power gets the vehicle back home and my low oil pressure light starts going off again kill the car for a few minutes and everything is fine just now has a service engine light I had an appointment to bring it in Monday Saturday the low oil pressure light comes back on only this time with a power loss and what seems to be some engine noise that shouldnā€™t be there. Itā€™s at the dealer now has anyone else been experiencing similar issues
Engine noise doesn't sound good. What was the oil pressure reading when the low pressure alert came on?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like electrical to me.Bad plug, Harness,Bad connection,ECM.....

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two thoughts come to mind.

One, checking oil level does not verify pressure and when I see a low oil pressure indicator I consider that a must stop the engine now situation and tow it in unless I somehow can independently verify oil pressure. Did your dealer have you drive it in that first time or ask you to have it towed?

Two, odd random problems can occur from bad electrical connections. There has been cases of hardware not fully tight at the fuse block under the hood causing all sorts of random things. Since these are all computer controlled, bad grounds can mess just about anything up.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Engine noise doesn't sound good. What was the oil pressure reading when the low pressure alert came on?
There is no oil pressure gauge. Only a low pressure warning light.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Johnny. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@jitsujohnny did you try tightening up the engine bay fuse panel grounding bolts? This was a common problem folks encountered on delivery. So much so, that a lot of us brought ratchets to the dealership to tighten these bolts before we drove away LOL

credit to @Ksjrb03 for being our in-house "TIGHTEN YOUR GROUND BOLTS" ambassador

Ford Bronco 2.3 blown engine possible ? 1673296092584

Ford Bronco 2.3 blown engine possible ? 1673296101201

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base model there is no oil pressure gauge which is weird

Sponsored
OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer wants me to pay them to change the oil for an oil consumption test oil was changed 2000 miles ago and they want me to pay them to diagnose my car

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two thoughts come to mind.

One, checking oil level does not verify pressure and when I see a low oil pressure indicator I consider that a must stop the engine now situation and tow it in unless I somehow can independently verify oil pressure. Did your dealer have you drive it in that first time or ask you to have it towed?

Two, odd random problems can occur from bad electrical connections. There has been cases of hardware not fully tight at the fuse block under the hood causing all sorts of random things. Since these are all computer controlled, bad grounds can mess just about anything up.
No oil or low oil would absolutely cause low oil pressure. And it was towed in

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer wants me to pay them to change the oil for an oil consumption test oil was changed 2000 miles ago and they want me to pay them to diagnose my car
That's messed up. You shouldn't have to pay for warranty work

Good luck

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
No oil or low oil would absolutely cause low oil pressure. And it was towed in
Agreed low oil can certainly cause low oil pressure. The point I was getting was the reverse case which is good oil like you had. Just that good oil level doesn't mean oil pressure will be good.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base model there is no oil pressure gauge which is weird
Neither my base nor black diamond have oil pressure gauge. Doesn't surprise me because my other ford vehicles have fake pressure gauges hooked up to a pressure switch. When pressure is high enough to trip the switch (greater than 5 PSI) the fake gauge shows pressure exactly in the middle of the range. I rather have a big red idiot light than the fake gauge.

It would be nice to have a real gauge, but car manufacturers don't like to have real pressure gauge because of how pressure varies so much based on RPM and engine temp.

I would think with all the sensors these days they actually measure pressure. If so it should be readable via an OBD2
Sponsored