Sponsored

2.3 EcoBoost Auto Transmission with Sasquatch Package?

Jamesgang

Base
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford super duty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in the mountain's of western Maryland and WV. I'm wondering how many breaks and rotors I will go through with the auto. 10 speed. my wife's explorer sucks. small motor's has no hold back at all. turbo's don't do anything to help that. that's why i was wanting the stick. ford don't test these things driving up and down mountain's day in and day out for year's at a time. I do not like the eco's just for that reason. my buddy's has them in there trucks and they will pull trailers up hill faster then anything else around and burn the breaks off going down hill's.
Sponsored

PilotoftheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 2500 CTD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is coming out for the ranger in 2021. It's an in house tune for the 2.3L Ranger
Ford Performance Package 2
This is where things really start to get interesting. In addition to the bits you get with Package 1, FPP 2 adds an engine performance upgrade good for 45 horsepower and 60 pound-feet of torque, bumping the totals up to 315 hp and 370 lb-ft. That's nothing to sneeze at. This package also includes an off-road fog light kit from Rigid, BFGoodrich KO2 tires at all four corners, some Ford-blue tow hooks and a fancy license plate frame, because why not? Level 2 will run you $4,495 before installation.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/30/ford-ranger-performance-packages/

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I live in the mountain's of western Maryland and WV. I'm wondering how many breaks and rotors I will go through with the auto. 10 speed. my wife's explorer sucks. small motor's has no hold back at all. turbo's don't do anything to help that. that's why i was wanting the stick. ford don't test these things driving up and down mountain's day in and day out for year's at a time. I do not like the eco's just for that reason. my buddy's has them in there trucks and they will pull trailers up hill faster then anything else around and burn the breaks off going down hill's.
i have a 10spd max tow F150, it has trans/engine braking for that, the only thing the breaks are used for is the radius lane turning stability while towing. I lugged around 8500 lbs, no brake issues and I live in GSNP area.

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch will be offered in both engines

Screenshot_20200717-224037_Chrome.jpg

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I threw 35's on my rubi jeep and did not regear, no issues, just MPH is off by about 3 to 5 and of course gas mileage sucks

old 4 wheeler

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F100 4x4, 82 toyota 4x4, 86 samurai,71FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh boy, sorry I am the one that has to break this to you... but.
Sasquatch is only available with the Automatic ten speed 2.7L.

So... yea
the build and price site shows it with the 2.3 eco boost , it should pull okay , not a race car but the 4.7 gears should help . more worry some is no option for the standard transmission on the sasquatch package..

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the build and price site shows it with the 2.3 eco boost , it should pull okay , not a race car but the 4.7 gears should help . more worry some is no option for the standard transmission on the sasquatch package..
Its already been confirmed by Mike L on Twitter that that option will be added later. It's not available now, so it isn't there.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since I don't really need a race car (or the Sasquatch package) I think I have settled on this build:

Base 4DR
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Floor Liners
Velocity Blue (outside chance on Carb Grey)
$40840 per B&P on 11/25/2020.

I may consider adding the capable bumper and pod lights, but that will be a last minute call.

I'm also considering seeing if the dealer can swap me to the Badlands optional wheels and 33" tires.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is interesting how you can still get a Sasquatch package with the 35 inch tires on a 2.3 EcoBoost 4-cylinder Automatic. How is this possible? Will it "run like a dog?"
I wouldn't worry about the 2.3 "running like a dog". The towing capacity of the Ranger is 7500 lbs and it has the 2.3. There is a whole section here of what people are towing with their Rangers to to give you an idea of what the engine can handle.

If you think you need more hp/torque just tune it later on. I have a Livernois tune running the 91-93 performance tune which add 80 hp/100 torque which brings you right to the 2.7 specs. You can flash back to stock if needed in about 2-3 minutes.
Sponsored